Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
...and for those long afternoons at the Cairo Club...

...something a little smarter...

DSCN3497.jpg

The linen suit, white fur-felt Fedora, ubiquitous RAF sunglasses and the Turkish Officer's pocketwatch-
-WW1 booty, no doubt...

DSCN3498.jpg

Phew...
I'm done for now...

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Alpine Gear...

... I'll add this post from the "Ski Clothing" thread, due to the total Adventurer-ness of it.
That and some context for the cold weather gear to come...

And since it gives me the opportunity to put all my junk in the same place.

Ski- Alpine clothing...
...this lacks the context of the original thread where VladimirBerkov posed the question of where to obtain '30s-ish
Ski Attire. I didn't answer his question but most of this was from eBay.

From here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18143

...repro Panzer trousers in black- classic, '30s civilian style Ski pants.
That's what I have. Another fave pair, are the WW2 and post-war Swiss Army trousers(still see them in surplus and on eBay), which have a blue/grey hue and a thin black piping down the leg seam(they also have an adjustable, blouse-able leg). Both are absolutely excellent and can achieve the "Tin Tin leg".

Anoraks and Windjacke of course.

One of my favourite civilian Alpine ensembles has the black Panzer trou., heavy, cream roll-neck sweater, black single button Panzer cap(adorned with Alpine badges), boots and thick cream wool socks, turned down. Of course, I have a leather kletterjacke, canvas Windjacke and cotton duck Gebirgs. Anorak. Don't forget the goggles!

I don't get many opportunities to wear this getup though... in the city...

The vintage skis, etc., are another cookie but relatively abundant on eBay- but make sure you know what lenght of skis you require.
They are also a favourite "wall-hanging", so prices can get silly sometimes.

BUT-
knowing that I always offer a lot of words around my famous/infamous/existent/non-existent "ensembles", and having just photographed a small selection...
here you go-

Maybe not STRICTLY a Skiing ensemble but it's definitely Vintage, Northern European Alpine.

This collection may tickle you... I even have matching jewellery...

DSCN3460.jpg

Repro Panzer trou, roll neck sweater, '30s leather Kletterweste(climbing jacket- very HJ/BDM style but civilian), repro single button cap(with 1914-16 Tyrolean WW1 participant commemorative Edelweiss badge), etc.... The boots and socks are oldies- I even have some Styrian gaiters...

DSCN3461.jpg

Even a vintage karabiner... oh and pocketwatch hanging on the watch ring...

DSCN3463.jpg

Silver Eichenlaub and horn jewellery, as a vintage flourish... This set has brooch, ring AND cufflinks!

DSCN3462.jpg

These are the Swiss trou and a Swiss Army sweater.

DSCN3464.jpg

Oh- don't forget the vintage Rucksack!!!

Too hot to wear this getup-

Hope you like this!

B
T

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I'm with Scott...can't breathe...need that paper sack...

(the 1929 expedition one will do nicely, thanks!)

BT, that is a simply astounding collection! The one thing you didn't mention was the leather case early on. Compass or pocket transit?

OK, I gotta get over to the rucksack thread now. 'Scuse me...

Mike K.

One Too Many
To be one with everything, you must have one of everything.;)

You win BT

That's an absolutely amazing collection!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Linen Suit

BellyTank said:
...something a little smarter...

DSCN3497.jpg

The linen suit, white fur-felt Fedora, ubiquitous RAF sunglasses and the Turkish Officer's pocketwatch-
-WW1 booty, no doubt...

DSCN3498.jpg

Phew...
I'm done for now...

B
T

Can we have some straight up and down pix of that linen suit SVP BT?

Your costume makeups have been the highlight of the Lounge for me. Right on the money ...you are a genius of re-creation. What a great hobby....you shoulda been in pitchers....

C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk