Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cabelas sells canvas wall tents and fly tents as well. Wear, simulated or actual, is what will give the authenticity. Canvas is canvas, change out nylon for natural on the cordage and you're all set.

Doug C

Practically Family
Oh - well, that gives me an excuse to visit the Cabelas they've built fairly close to me.. I haven't been yet. Thanks.

Doug C

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
carebear said:
I've never been in a Cabela's store, I get the catalog. You may end up having to look in a catalog.
I've heard that the stores have everything in the catalog, and more.

They just opened one across town but I haven't made it over there yet.

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Wow... I wonder why I haven't been notified of these replies [huh]...

Anway, thanks once again for all of your help. I've been doing a lot of homemade stuff lately, and so far I've got a safari shirt and a banded-collar shirt, and I'm going to get Grandma to start on a jacket as soon as I get back from Canada.

I have yet to decide on trousers, though I'll probably go with a heavy canvas material off-the-shelf. My hat is slowly being narrowed down, though I don't know when I'll ever get that bought. Boots are also narrowed down to three (both of these I will be posting about shortly) and the other odds and ends are also starting to fall together. Thanks again for your help!

carebear

Mojave,

Did you get to keep a bunch of lance corporals when you retired? How are you going to put one of those things up? :D

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Wolsely Pith, LL Bean shirt, Orvis Jacket and Bills Ghurka Pants with the chippewa boots ffrom Sportsmansguide.

pith001qh3.jpg

pith002hw8.jpg

pith003jx9.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
Man Nick.. those Ghurka pants from Bill's Khakis are pretty cool. Wonder if they're available in other colors? How much were they (or is that a rude question?)?

Doug C

Nick Charles

Practically Family
No it isn't rude, they aren;t offered on the Bills site got them on the bay for $56 nwt, Bills has the shorts on the site and they are $145 so I can imagine what the pants would be. If you want some thing similar, look in the English Patient thread at Magnolis pants.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
carebear said:
Mojave,

Did you get to keep a bunch of lance corporals when you retired? How are you going to put one of those things up? :D
lol I figured it'd be great for a bunch of FLoungers on a weekend adventure. A few martinis, put up the tent, a few more martinis, relax in the camp chairs.... Just keep them away from the Rigbys!

Nick, good show! I like the Wolseley a lot. Good catch on the Ghurka pants, too. I need to find a pair of those, too. Are you going to be at the QM? Hope so. We'll need you there for the adventure crowd.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
I have a reservation, but well see what happens. We have a family type vacation the 1st of Dec so I have to see what the $$$ looks like then.

Baggers

Practically Family
We were down in the Texas Hill country this weekend at a friend's house and the scenery has always reminded me of Southern Africa, so I brought some gear along for an impromtu photoshoot. Imagine taking a breather on the veranda after taking a ride through the bush:

Veranda01.jpg

Filson short sleeve feather weight poplin shirt, and WPG boots, spurs, and breeches. The belt comes from Colonel Littleton. I say Mojave, care for a sundowner?

Cheers!

carebear

Baggers,

You need a Purdey or H&H leaning against the rail. Tell you what, buy two of each and I'll keep a pair handy for you up here. :D

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Baggers said:
I say Mojave, care for a sundowner?

Cheers!
By all means! And cheers, indeed. That backdrop does scream Africa. No need for BT's photoshopping skills here. And I'll be willing to bet it was about as hot as Africa, too! The high in Phoenix was 110 when I landed there today, and we have a bit of a monsoon right now. Very humid and Africa-like. Great ensemble, Baggers. Don't you wish we could get away with those boots on a daily basis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ