Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Attacked by a spread collar!

p1010227ij5.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
Black pants
white shirt
1920's black abstract tie vaguely reminicent of koi in murky water
grey vest
three dollar thrift shop special grey ventless jacket
borsalino. I had on the black one at school, and the grey thin ribbon for the rest of the day.

IMG_2769-1.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

Aww man! I wish it were cold enough here to wear that to school!
I've been wearing my Korean War military khaki chinos, Keds, and white shirts all week...it's getting boring. It's raining now, so hopefully tomorrow will cool down enough for a suit.
I'm envious of your growing hat collection, too, Dinerman! Pity I had to grow a size, shelving half of my hats...I just got my Adventurebilt this evening, so it'll be nice to have a brown fedora on the rack again.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Really cold in NYC today but my chocolate-brown Borsolino is keeping the pumpkin nice and toasty. Looks good too.

AlanC

First vintage tie outing today, with my Marathon tie, likely 1930s vintage according to our forum experts. Also the first outing for my Brooks Bros 'Made in England' top frame briefcase of unknown vintage.

sammybricken07mar07xe7.jpg

Detail with tie:

p1010254wh0.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
All of this cold and snow is really cramping my style. :( Today I wore gray high waisted wide legged trousers, and a pink sweater with, UGLY snow boots :( . Pearls, hair in rolls, off white snood, pink flower. How I LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG for the warm weather so that I can once again shine.

kools

Practically Family
Today I look live my avatar. It's a gab suit, estimated '49 to '52 or so. Perhaps the nicest drape of any gab I own. The color of the suit is stone gray. I haven't worn this suit all winter. I'm wearing the same tie...late '40s/early '50s tie (Phillips Clothing Company, Miami)...palm tree in pink & claret...body in a blue-gray & claret. Shoes are AE Lexington in black. The only change from my avatar is a pocket square, and the kid is bigger.

Dr Doran

Daisy Buchanan said:
Black Stop Staring dress with red belt to match red buttons on the dress

Black suede peep toe T-strap heels

FF stockings, along with other typical and somewhat uncomfortable vintage unmentionables;)

Hair: 2 side victory rolls, the back was down and in pin curls, but as usual my curls were poker straight by the end of the evening:(

Besame eyes and vintage red lipstick.

All this work and the only outing I had all day was to Best Buy! But I sure did get a lot of smiles when I was there:)

Daisy, you are a well-dressed lady. Let me ask you, has your experience with the company Stop Staring been generally good? I have been thinking of surprising my wife with their "30's bombshell" red dress (luckily she does not hang out at the Lounge so will not see this). Are they good about fitting, are their clothes of good quality, etc.?
Anyone else with experience with this company, please give me the lowdown.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_2983-1.jpg

Barbisio
1930s "resiliant construction" tie
dark green slacks
green and white PF flyers
985-155577-t.jpg

and my peacoat, because I'm almost never seen without it when it's below 60 at any point in the day.

Rosie

One Too Many
Today: white blouse with black polka dots, black pencil skirt, blacke seammed stockings and black wedgies. Red necklace, red rose in my hair and big wide red belt.

Dr Doran

An unused grey-brown wool cardigan my mother found me at Goodwill. Black jeans. Socks. A pale tan shirt, knit wool tie, gold tieclip.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm afraid not. They're the out of production '30's "ringside" reissue. They're great shoes.

I tried to get a pair of the derby, but I missed them. Now they're only available in Japan.

I got them just after they quit making them, back when they were on sale on zappos for cheap.

When I first got them out of the box, the creme herringbone looked exactly like a car seatbelt. After a few wearings, they relaxed, and look quite vintage.

PF used to have some really cool vintage looking shoes; both mens and womens. Now it's all trendy junk.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Grey shirt
brown, orange and purple '40s tie
RCA "His Masters Voice" Tie clip
'50s? casual Royal stetson deluxe/ Royal Deluxe Stetson
Pf flyers

IMG_2986-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members