Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

moustache

Practically Family
Thursday

Ah yes.Today is an employee appreciation day at my workplace.SO i will try to impress with a pair of 1935'ish trousers(light brown)standard dress shirt,grey armless sweater,period watch,and my brown and white spectators.

JD

griffer

Practically Family
Not every day is golden...

• Old Doc Marten wingtips
  • Old Jeans, very worn thin
  • Olive Green Turtleneck
  • ECWCS Black Shell
  • Multi-cam Operators Cap with Dirka-Dirkastan flag
  • Maxpedition Laptop Bag

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The real Henry said:
Dinerman where did you find that tie clip?
Looks cool!

Do you already have a phonograph?

Regards,
Henrik
Henrik, I found that in an antique store in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD for a buck.
The antique store I got it in was amazing in the huge amount of vintage mens jewelry it had. If I had had more time in there, I would have come home with a lot more tie clips and cufflinks.
I only had 5 minutes or so, so I bought the first one I saw.

Oddly enough, I don't have a record player.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Today I'm wearing my Resistol "executive" back bow fedora
'60's issue swedish wool pants
'80s wool jacket.

IMG_3008-1.jpg

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
- Steel grey Jaxon Bogart fedora

- Orphaned navy blue SB two-button suit jacket (well, not technically orphaned... I have the entire suit, but the waistcoat and pants are too long for me -- hey, three-dollar thrift store find :) )

- Light grey shirt

- 1940s red-and-blue swing tie (my very first vintage! Part of a lot of three ties I nabbed on eBay last week)

- Tan trousers

- Black belt and shoes

I'll see if I can get my girlfriend to take a picture when I get home. Our editor (I work in a newspaper) said I look like a Senate page. lol Not exactly the reaction I was looking for on the day of my tie's debut! lol

-Tofu

Sunny

One Too Many
I've got a nasty midterm late this afternoon, after a full day of work, so I took special pains to look and feel nice today.

• Maroon knit dress, with a ribbed, flared skirt. From the length of the skirt, it's late 1930s through the war, with 3/4 sleeves.
  • Seamless stockings, with black fishnet stockings over them
  • Black leather peeptoe pumps with bows
  • Faux pearl and real lapis necklace, borrowed from my mother
  • Brown raincoat (here's hoping I need it)

And I used sponge rollers last night, so my hair's got an uncertain wave/curl to it. It's very long and waves well, but curl suffers, especially in the humidity. I pulled it up on the sides with combs.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Here's what I'm wearing today. I'm happy with it because I threw it together so quickly after getting called in to work. Would you buy wine from me? Okay, but expensive wine??

It reminds me a bit of GOK, who, well, always with the tall style. Cheers all! Have a great night.

gok1.jpg

& closer!
gok2.jpg

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Very nice.

I myself am wearing red gold and navy Pyjamas from the Brothers Brooks and a red wool ballcap from cooperstown ballcap company.

Bare feet... see the Where are my slippers thread.

What I'm wearing today is somewhat less glamorous: cotton print nightgown and purple, quilted, velvet 40's robe. If I go down stairs to get coffee, there will be rabbit slippers involved, so I won't be joining the thread, though it sounds like a wild one.

beaucaillou said:
Here's what I'm wearing today. I'm happy with it because I threw it together so quickly after getting called in to work. Would you buy wine from me? Okay, but expensive wine??

Well, were I a wine drinker (I probably should start with reds if I ever end up dealing with HazMat), I'd consider it. You do understand that I'd need to run a few chemical-analysis tests, inspect the keg, and then share a couple glasses, right? :eek: :D

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
On vacation in LA:

A 1950's short sleeved shirt waist dress with a pink Magnoila print on it

A 2000's pink matching cardigan ( normally I would wear a vintage one, but since I am allergic to wool and cashmere mine has to come from Jcrew)

White flip flops

A Kelly green leather Jackie O bag with the embossed logo and gold hardware

Dior sunglasses

A strand of pearls from the 1940's that belonged to my grandma :)

SFSEAN

New in Town
What I am Wearing Today

Black suit by Brooks
Purplish patterned tie by Brooks
Plain white shirt with a short spread collar by Robert Talbot
Black Plain capped dress shoes by Johnston & Murphy

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tan Mallory Ten
Vintage Pendleton 3 buttoned patch pocketed wool jacket
moss green field with green on green houndstooth and rust colored box pattern
Donna Karen Dark biege shirt
wool plaid tie blue, green and rust
Bills Khakis Tan
Timberland dark brown leather ankle boots

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
` Dark green suit. Actually I purchased the jacket and pants years apart; the match is so close you cannot possibly tell, though.
` Fake(?) straw hat, fedora style, that I got for 18 dollars new; made in China, looks fine
` White long sleeve button-up men's shirt
` 1940s tie with painted green forest scene
` Black Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor Long Wing Wingtips, pebble grain, size 13
` A pair of 1940s all-metal safety glasses I bought in Washington for 20 bucks which I had re-lensed in green to make slightly industrial and slightly art-deco sunglasses
` Simple gold tie clip from my dad
` Green socks with a grid pattern in brown
` Cologne
` Plaid boxers, slightly heavy for the hot weather (whoops! TMI again?)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Well, I'll never be able to compete with Beaucaillou in this thread, but a funny thing hapened to me today. Today is my day off, so I was out in the desert with the dog, cleaning up around the house and yard, that sort of thing, wearing my usual warm weather ensemble (please pardon the ridiculously skinny legs; they're inherited, I can't help it!), shorts, work shirt, my Hardeman, and boots (keeps most of the goat's heads and cholla out of my feet!):

DesertAttire.jpg

One of the errands I was running was to the Post Office. A little old lady, 85 if she was a day, asked if she could go ahead of me just drop off a letter to the postal worker. Sure, no problem. As she's walkng back from the counter she says to me, "Thank you. And by the way, I think you look neat!" "Thanks!" I said, because who doesn't like a compliment. "And sexy," she added! That threw me, but hey! a compliment is a compliment! So I thanked her again, though I'm sure I was a bit red in the face!

Jovan

Suspended
About the only thing I wore that exuded a vintage look today was a navy cotton jacket with FOUR pleated, flapped pockets on the front. It reminds me of some of the safari jackets of old.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Blue and yellow over white striped cotton shirt
Pale yellow argyll sweater vest
White linen trousers, pleated and cuffed
Pale blue socks
Brown and white AE spectators
Stetson Chatham fedora

Yes, I know some of it is *technically* a few days early (it's not yet Easter), but what the heck...this is SoCal :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider