Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Honey Doll

Practically Family
today.....

I'm wearing a grey wool tweed dress with 3/4 sleeves and a keyhole neckline with a self tie (from a 40s simplicity pattern), a vintage hummingbird broach, my 30ish wristwatch (which looks like a pocket watch) and round toe black platform pumps with little black grosgrain bows. :)

Honey Doll

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
today- I didn't have any time in the morning, so I wore my '70's reissue Zippy the pinhead T-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a stingy brim gray cavanagh.

See- today was the due date/deadline for an AP english project. I ended up typing 12 pages of analysis, and finding 40 pages of articles related to "Brave New World". I worked from 2:30- a bit past midnite. I was exhausted this morning.

Yesterday I wore my early '50's gray Lee hat with gray/gold binding and ribbon, a white shirt with a '50's red tie, dark grey pants, and my PF flyers ringsides.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Saturday- 3-piece 60's gray flannel suit sans vest with a blue banker stripe shirt and a blue/red bold striped stripe.

Sunday- White oxford shirt, blue seersucker jacket, natural linen unpleated slacks, brown belt, Todd loafers (stolen from my dad).

Monday- White oxford shirt, leather jacket, blue slacks, Cole Hann brown moc-toe dress shoes (although quite beaten up. They need a re-sole and a good shining)

Tuesday- Gray polo shirt, button-fly Hollister "vintage-cut" jeans, loafers, Wested cotton jacket.

jake431

Practically Family
Rockin the usual - black t-shirt, a pair of jeans (in this case a newly aqiured pair or Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage) and my black PF Flyers canvas high tops. Oh, my jacket is a RMNZ M-422a.

I wear some variation of this most every day.

-Jake

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today, we're headed for our third 38 degree day in a row (that's 100 on the Farenheit scale . . . :eek: ) So there's no jacket, that's for sure!

Oxblood brogues, forest green Hollywood-waist trousers, a light yellow shirt with a brown 40's tie that has three little Mallard ducks stitiched into the front (flying upwards), burgundy/mustard/grey striped braces and a medium brown Akubra fedora.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday: Gray Hart, Schaffner, & Marx suit; blue graph check shirt and Black Watch tartan bowtie, sweater vest. Brown Allen-Edmonds Park Avenues, 3/4 length gray wool topcoat, tan Huckel hat from Burlington Coat Factory.

Today: Blue Hart, Schaffner, & Marx suit with red, cream, and blue pinstripes; light blue shirt and a gray-silver Macclesfield-ish tie. Black Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft punch-cap oxfords, heavy green wool overcoat, above-mentioned hat.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Wearing tonight...

'42 Irvin flying suit, '44 Type 'C' helmet, '36 pattern flying boots, WW2 Tootal scarf. Wearing 'em for what may be the last time before they go on sale...

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I'm so glad this thread was started.The vintage and inspired-by vintage ensembles are always so inspiring,especially since I'm finding it difficult to participate myself.

undertaker

Practically Family
Black Double Breated suit, White shirt, black braces, silver bow tie with black print, silver pocket square, black socks with a silver-gray print, black 1950's Florshiem Imperials, and a dark charcoal fedora. I know it sounds pretty dull, but I am a Funeral Director:D .

Regards,
J.S.

Rosie

One Too Many
Today I wore a vintage-y camel wrap dress and brown wedgies. I wore my camel colored 40s style coat. My hair was in rolls, brown snood and orange flower.

Yesterday was a black and white vintage Lane Bryant dress circa 194?, red peep toes and red swing coat. My hair was in an upsweep with red flowers atop my crown.

Mojito

One Too Many
It's going to be terribly warm today in Sydney (mid-30s centigrade), so I've had to dress for that - I'm wearing my favourite pair of black slacks and a sleeveless wrap top with a black and white pattern that looks Victorian influenced. It's not vintage, but it will keep me relatively cool!

Elaina

One Too Many
Been in the same thing sicne my shower this morning: corset and liner, old skirt I need to toss and a 20's wrap apron over the whole mess. Cooking, barefoot, barefaced, barelegged, 'do rag over the messy, un-set hair (I DO have perfume on). And a generous dusting from head to toe in flour from the sugar cookies and pie crusts we made earlier. You can't come over.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
White button down shirt with tan wool sweater vest. Vintage 50s black and grey check sport coat. 50s high waisted trousers with black leather belt and black oxfords with navy blue socks with grey stripe. vintage 50s gold Timex wristwatch and 50s black plastic eyeglasses (Nasa engineer type). On top is my late 50s style charcoal grey stingy brim by Art.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Seal brown Cooper G-1 flight jacket.
Green tweed Jonathan Richard newsboy with the big dumb top button pulled off. (Not easy to do.)
English tan perforated cap-toe Timberland waterproofs. They look classic until you see them from the side. Then you see the stamped tree logo and the false arch – the sole just narrows slightly on each side. They're comfy as all get-out.

Rest of ensemble: White mock turtleneck. Moss green merino pullover vest. Black herringbone widewale cords. Tan/green/brown argyle sox.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sefton said:
White button down shirt with tan wool sweater vest. Vintage 50s black and grey check sport coat. 50s high waisted trousers with black leather belt and black oxfords with navy blue socks with grey stripe. vintage 50s gold Timex wristwatch and 50s black plastic eyeglasses (Nasa engineer type). On top is my late 50s style charcoal grey stingy brim by Art.

Oh wow, your dress sounds mighty fine. :)

LD

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Right now? Polo Khakis and Polo blue oxford cloth shirt with the sleeves rolled up. A pair of Sebago casuals with no socks and a brown Miller "Baldwin" hat with 2 1/8" brim.

Rosie

One Too Many
Right now, I'm wearing a black and white very vintage looking dress, I LOVE this dress, black baby doll pumps which are killing my tootsies about now and black stockings which I managed to pull a hole in a bit ago but, it still hasn't run! My hair is in reversed rolls, (the ladies just taugh tme that a day or two ago), a black snood and I have a big red flower in my hair. I'm about to put on my red swing coat and long black gloves, and go home. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider