Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Feraud

Bartender
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Do you guys take self-pics or do you ask someone else to do it? I am embarassed. "Honey, can you take my picture so I can post it on the internet and show off my daily outfits?"
That is my eternal dilemma. I am wearing a sharp outfit today but have no one to snap the picture. My self-pics at home always look too dark.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Go to Walmart and spend 10 - 30 dollars on a tripod....

You can get a cheap on... As long as your digi cam has a timer your good to go. :)

Jovan

Suspended
It really is worth it. Will come in handy taking group pictures and the like too. The one I'm borrowing is worth far more than $30... which is why it's a shame that I never use it.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I have a really nice one that I keep in the back of my car just in case I need to take some nice night scenes that you need to have a steady camera for. People don't realize the difference in a picture when you use a tripod.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You guys are nuts if you think I'm buying a tripod just to show off my clothing. My mirror pics always come out blurry without flash and with lens flare with flash. OH WELL!

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
You guys are nuts if you think I'm buying a tripod just to show off my clothing. My mirror pics always come out blurry without flash and with lens flare with flash. OH WELL!

Get a really cheap one $10.... It will come in handy for other things:

Group Photos
Night Photos
E-bay Pictures
Self Photos
Plus many many more...

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
lol Thanks, but I'll just do it when I get home.

Thats cool... I deal with people all day who don't really know how to look things up so I just figued I'd help out. Not that I take many calls in my day. Well not unless my employees really piss someone off. :)

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm becoming a mirror-user, too. I can't find a desk tall enough (nor a stack of books that's handy), nor stand far enough away to get all of me in the picture. (6' with heels.) So I snap a picture in the bathroom mirror before rushing out the door, and post it later. There's a lovely full-length mirror in the bathroom at work, but cameras are verboten. Too bad! :D

Monday:
Blue- and purple-floral printed cotton dress with large buttons and dark blue corded piping. I love the collar, pockets, and assymetrical fastening. I would hate to have to draft a pattern like this.
Hair on Day Two after setting with sponge rollers. Pulled up on the sides with combs. Hair being strangely frizzy.
Not visible: Nude fully-fashioned stockings and brown repro wedges.
Not a very good picture.
DSC00320.jpg

Tuesday:
I froze all day Monday (blasted A-C!), so I wore a red wool sweater set. It's a lovely color, vibrant pink-red, and lightweight knit. The skirt length is barely below my knee.
Hair up with combs, three days after setting it with rollers. Bangs are getting shaggy and the combs are not cooperating.
Not visible: Tan seamless stockings and wedges again. I didn't feel like messing with heels.
I look really tired in these. Did I mention these are morning pictures, and I get up at 5 A.M.? :eek:

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Today:
The yellow gingham dress I wore a week or so ago, with the white belt. Tan seamless stockings and wedges yet again. The hair is clipped up on the sides and has just enough curl from the curling iron. There's so much I can't set it after washing; it'd still be wet in the morning.

I feel like I'm in a rut. I'm ready for some nice trim skirts and blouses. At least I finally cut out a 1940s skirt of khaki linen last night.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Great pictures Sunny....

This is what I'm wearing today... which I already posted yesterday but I only tried my new shirt on yesterday. Today I wore it to work and I got a lot of compliments already...

DSCF3022bw.jpg

P.S. I have but I'm to lazy to use my tripod sometimes. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ