Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dagwood

Practically Family
I went out and bought a 11.5 inch tripod from Best Buy for $15.50. Still getting used to taking my own picture on a timer. In this pic, I forgot to straighten my jacket before the count of 10:

b_181357.jpg

For those interested, I'm wearing a Brooks Brothers sportscoat and shirt, and JPress slacks. The pocket square is from Jos. A. Bank.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I wore an early 50's navy wiggle dress with cream polka dots, a boatneck, and buttons up the back. Had on navy platforms. Also carried a vintage Gucci doctor bag.

Rafter

Suspended
White-pale grey striped pincord 3 button jacket (slim lapels, single vent, flapped besom pockets, natural shoulder, darted)
White BD shirt with French cuffs and bronze cufflinks
BB University tie (repp n. 1 in sky blue-white-navy)
Navy pocket-square
Medium grey trousers (pocket on the seam, sitting on the waist, no break at all on the shoe)
Dark grey socks
Dark Burgundy Weejuns
Burgundy-navy-burgundy grosgrain wristband with a vintage Hamilton watch
Rayban Predators

Daisy Buchanan

Wow, we sure do have some snazzy looking guys and gals in here.
I wish I could run into more men (single ones that is) dressed the way you men are dressed! You all keep putting a smile, and a blush on my face too:eek:

MaryDeluxe, you are adorable, and that 53 Ford is the best, to say the least:D I'm dreaming of the day when I'm working so I can have a "toy" car or as my Dad calls it a weekend car. Something to go Sunday driving in. But for now my Volvo will have to do. One day I'll have one, it's in my blood after all my Grampa was a restorer of vintage cars, well they weren't vintage for most of the time he was restoring them, and my Dad has restored too many Mustangs, T-birds, and SL's (including a gullwing:rolleyes: ) to count. So it must be my destiny to drive a vintage car someday. Better get out and get that job:eek:

Today I would totally disappoint you lovely ladies and handsome Gents. I'm not dressed vintage at all, as a matter of fact I barely got dressed today. I wore capri pants, a cute lace trim t-shirt and flip flops. But, I didn't go out at all except to walk downstairs to get a slice of pizza for dinner and I wasn't gonna waist a cute outfit on that!! I've also been a little under the weather so it's very hard to get all dolled up when in that state. I'm meeting a new doctor tomorrow and my Mom has told me not to dress vintage. When I asked her why she said she didn't want me to look so good that the doctor wouldn't believe I was sick!! I think she has a point, so I'm gonna wear a vintage sundress but not gonna really do up the hair and make-up, just keep it simple, natural. That's the way I dress most of the time anyway, so I won't feel funny being "dressed down" :)

Daisy Buchanan

Rafter said:
White-pale grey striped pincord 3 button jacket (slim lapels, single vent, flapped besom pockets, natural shoulder, darted)
White BD shirt with French cuffs and bronze cufflinks
BB University tie (repp n. 1 in sky blue-white-navy)
Navy pocket-square
Medium grey trousers (pocket on the seam, sitting on the waist, no break at all on the shoe)
Dark grey socks
Dark Burgundy Weejuns
Burgundy-navy-burgundy grosgrain wristband with a vintage Hamilton watch
Rayban Predators
:whistling :whistling Ooh it sounds like you've got the vintage preppy going on. Being a New England Prep School girl, I'm quite partial to that look. You must look quite dapper.:whistling :whistling

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I've been looking much more modern lately.Since cutting my hair short I feel less inclined to dress in vintage,but made a bit of effort today.

White tank top
Red Cardigan
Dark denim pencil skirt
Apple green kitten heels
Apple green purse
Hair styled in a 60s bubble with a red and white polka dot headband
Pearl earrings
Red lipstick by Mac(I just blanked on the name)

Rosie

One Too Many
I've been more ethnic/boho lately than anything. It's just what I'm vibing now.

Today was, and it sounds weirder than it looked- pinkish, sparkly-ish wrap style dress worn over cream colored wide legged pants, natural shell coverd sandals (quickly becoming favorites of mine) a big cream colored slouchy bag I just bought and big shiny shades. Similar items chosen for tomorrow's attire.

Rosie

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
I wore this today and am going to wash it and wear it again tomorrow. It is my current favorite and wish I could find on in every color. lol

When I love something, I do that too. lol Since I'm at diferent sites around the borough, I figure, no one will see me.

Miss Bella, LOVE your new avatar. What lovely lillies. :)

Mary Deluxe, that skirt is the tops! Lovely.

I am wearing the same thing i have worn every day for the last 8 months of my life. Army digital camo fatigues, boonie cap, tan combat boots, and tan t-shirt...also adding an army IBA (flak jacket) with adaps and added plates along with a wonderful and stylish advanced Kevelar helmet. Ahh thats the wonderful thing about the army, one never has to wake up and wonder what they are going to wear that day. haha

Miss_Bella_Hell

Today it's a very simple 40's dress in light green with a slightly abstract delicate white floral/clover print. Short sleeves. Brown slingback pumps and brown purse.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black cuffed capri pants with a natural (not low!) waist, white scoop-neck tee with a puffed cap sleeve, red cardigan, white ankle socks (not bobby socks) with vintage saddleshoes. Red beads/accessories. And don't forget the pigtails! It's super-cute, I promise!

Jovan

Suspended
For my friend's graduation:
-vintage Brooks Brothers narrow repp tie
-silver tie bar
-white double cuff shirt
-black two button suit
-white cotton pocket square
-black blucher shoes
-black and grey stripe socks

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
SPCMickyKilian said:
I am wearing the same thing i have worn every day for the last 8 months of my life. Army digital camo fatigues, boonie cap, tan combat boots, and tan t-shirt...also adding an army IBA (flak jacket) with adaps and added plates along with a wonderful and stylish advanced Kevelar helmet. Ahh thats the wonderful thing about the army, one never has to wake up and wonder what they are going to wear that day. haha

No tie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112