Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Just a quick mirror shot - cordovan shoes, Eddie Bauer long-rise khakis, eBay blazer (not vintage, not ideal, but it'll do for now), eBay bowtie, Panama. Yes, I do need to shave.

100_2237.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm preparing for a shindig at my home later this evening so right now I'm wearing my vintage hawaiian house dress and my head wrapped up.

Later I'll once again be doing the boho thing, white broomstick skirt, yellow tank layered over white tank, yellow flip flops and lots of beaded necklaces.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Wow!

Going over to celebrate my sissy's b-day with the family.

20s style dress and waves in me hair. Tattoo not 20s style. ;)

l_9a27bf3d3a8a93dafac094d6d5e0e07f.jpg

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Today I get to wear a serving uniform for the first day in a long while, and I'm actually really happy to do so, despite the heat. Getting all dolled up is well and good, but day-in-day-out... it gets waring and a gal needs a break from being fancy.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cgab1 said:
Nice suit, Alan, very nice. May I ask who the designer is?

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. It's a Samuelsohn I picked up at a consignment store for about $15.

(I see Jovan is quicker on the trigger.)

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Amazing. I've seen your other suits while perusing through this thread. You have excellent taste. Thanks for the response. You too, Jovan!

Chuck

AlanC said:
Thanks, Chuck. It's a Samuelsohn I picked up at a consignment store for about $15.

(I see Jovan is quicker on the trigger.)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today it's all repro - my target black "sweater girl" sweater, wide-legged silvery-grey trousers, and black high heeled sandals. Plus very curly hair, thanks to the weather.

Sunny

One Too Many
Perhaps a bit of a shock this time.

Pink, I love that blue-and-white dress. Such a wonderful color combination! And it looks just right with your coloring.

Miss Bella, I'm glad your hair does nice things with humidity! Mine just goes fuzzy! lol You can just barely the see the little corkscrew curl above my left ear in the middle picture below. That's the nicest thing humidity (or sweatiness!) does to my hair.

Today I'm wearing the blue-and-white dress (see, Pink? A favorite!) that I posted some pages back. I have documentation of other days:

Thursday: This was casual Thursday. Yellow embroidered shirt, blue 1950s pleated skirt. I couldn't stand the hair any longer and clipped it back; I'm about to leave for choir practice. Please excuse the smirk. I was just laughing at myself for taking pictures in the mirror.
DSC00346.jpg

Friday: Right after lunch, about to go forth and do battle again with the earth in our garden. It is black clay (pretty close to Lousiana black gumbo, I understand - absolutely wretched), and had been tilled, with sand, for the second time ever a couple weeks ago. My job was to level the ground with a heavy rake, then tamp it. I have seven blisters to show for the job.
Nothing vintage but the sunglasses; the hat is an 1860s repro straw with an open weave that was wonderfully cool.
DSC00371.jpg

Sunday morning: I usually don't have time for pics on Sunday, but my brothers and I were waiting out a ferocious thunderstorm before leaving for church.
Light aqua-colored knit dress with tie belt, two-tone brown leather and cream suede pumps.
A couple interesting things in the background: The curved-back white sofa (covered with drying laundry and a boy jacket :eek: ) is circa 1940, recovered with white naugahyde about 1955. The baby grand piano is by Lindeman & Sons; I understand they went out of business in the Depression. It has very clean, stylish deco lines and I love it; our piano tuner doesn't, though. :D
DSC00373.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko