Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

The real Henry said:
Baron Kurtz, I think I'd never be brave enough to wear shoes like that!lol ;)

Regards,
Henrik

if the 60s gave us nothing else, they were worth it for the Beatle boot and the general re-emergence of the cuban heel outside the southwest USA! Seriously, you should try them sometime . . . not that you need more height.

PastimeSteve said:
Baron -- I swear, you bear an uncanny resemblance to a good friend I grew up with in New Orleans, Louisiana (USA). You guys could be twins. I'll see if I can find a picture and if so, I'll post it here.

't'd be interesting to see a picture. I have quit e few doppelgangers floating around various parts of the world . . . mostly false, mere pos?©urs, flattering themselves :p

PastimeSteve said:
He's a university professor now.

Give me 5 or 10 years . . .

Dr K

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Give me 5 or 10 years . . .

Dr K

Wait...this bears pondering if -all univeristy professions look like BK and his doppleganger-

Like some sort of odd dresscode...its an appearance code....

Or does that career, begin to morph priorly un-similar folks, into one giant borg like teaching entity......

Miss- "there has to be a conspiracy here somehwere, Neecerie

teach . . . teach . . . teach . . . whine about government . . . teach teach teach

DalekTeam2.jpg

bk

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Or does that career, begin to morph priorly un-similar folks, into one giant borg like teaching entity......

lol lol Miss Neecerie -- this statement made my day. That's classic.

Hey Baron -- I'm working on the picture. I was able to reach Paul today and once he sorts through his latest crisis, he's going to send me an updated picture. BTW, if he's any indication of professorship, prepare for a life of complete and total chaos. :eek:

Steve

Miss Neecerie said:
Wait...this bears pondering if -all univeristy professions look like BK and his doppleganger-

Not gonna happen, in this case. I have my own sense of style, and the only other "uniform" I will wear is that of the U.S. Army, if I can get into ROTC. Besides, since I plan to teach military history classes, especially WWII, what better way for a prof to style his class than a general's briefing room, with himself as the CinC in question? (Although it'd be a very relaxed, laid-back "briefing room", more like the all-hands Movie Nights at AMEMB Tokyo during the MacArthur years.)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:

One should only wish, my dear Neecerie.

At Berkeley they don't look like BK (Baron Kurtz).

Rather, they look more like they work at BK -- that is, Burger King. Looking as horrible as possible seems to be a contest among them; these, please note, are tenured senior professors often making over 100,000 dollars a year at one of the most prestigious universities in the world and they cannot bother to dress halfway decently (much less like our inimitable Kurtz).

Even at an evening event last weekend honoring the retirement of the great Roman historian Erich Gruen (google him) there were open double breasted jackets, no jackets, jackets with t-shirts, suit=pants hitched up on the right leg to advertise bicycler status, ... the list goes on ... IT IS A SAD DAY FOR THE REPUBLIC.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
One should only wish, my dear Neecerie.

At Berkeley they... please note, are tenured senior professors often making over 100,000 dollars a year at one of the most prestigious universities in the world and they cannot bother to dress halfway decently...IT IS A SAD DAY FOR THE REPUBLIC.

The Peoples' Republic of Berkeley? ;)

Rosie

One Too Many
well, today was a bit 50s vamp, I guess, I wore a red wiggle dress with kimono sleeves and leopard print heels - the absolute cutest shoes I've bought recently. Of course,a big red rose in my hair.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
well, today was a bit 50s vamp, I guess, I wore a red wiggle dress with kimono sleeves and leopard print heels - the absolute cutest shoes I've bought recently. Of course,a big red rose in my hair.

No picture? You're killing me.

Today. It's getting a little hot for tweed, but i'll keep wearing tweed until it's unbearable. This is a late 30s light blue tweed sportscoat with white pinstripes. The dark blue trousers are from a 30s British suit that i haven't finished altering the jacket of yet. Cat is not ours, it just hangs around begging food and we're too soft to say no.

12June1.jpg

bk

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Popping out to a meeting...

Heading to one of my volunteer meetings at a local hospital. So this is me with 20 mins to spare prior to dashing out today :)

Very Mulholland Falls'ish!!

mulholland1.jpg

DBSUITGREY001.jpg

DBSUITGREY004.jpg

DBSUITGREY006.jpg

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
Today I'm wearing my new Marc Jacobs black lace pencil skirt with a 10.5 inch back slit, seamed stockings, and leopard print cardigan. Perhaps I'll put a picture up later, as I'm very excited about the skirt!

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
PADDY said:
Heading to one of my volunteer meetings at a local hospital. So this is me with 20 mins to spare prior to dashing out today :)

Very Mulholland Falls'ish!!

DBSUITGREY001.jpg

DBSUITGREY004.jpg

DBSUITGREY006.jpg

This looks amazing! I'm very jealous because you guys get to wear the suits and fedora's. Maybe in another life..

Lesvinyl said:
This looks amazing! I'm very jealous because you guys get to wear the suits and fedora's. Maybe in another life..
What's stopping you, young lady? They do make pantsuits for your half of the species... and if that's you in your av (darn library filters blocking Photobucket-type sites), you'd probably look pretty good in one with a fedora!;)

Jovan

Suspended
Folks, you're getting a rare glimpse into... Totally Un-Vintage Jovan! (TM)

anotherbathroommirrorshot.jpg

I was going to make up for it by holding my copy of Classic Style, but forgot. :eusa_doh:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My gosh I haven't peeked in here for a long time! So much great stuff! AlanC, you look sharp every day.
Look at all of you! Amazing!
Hem, this is the best pic of you I've seen, I think.
yellowqz1.jpg

DSC00929.jpg
m_IMG_5090.jpg
StudyMan2.jpg
blackwhiteskirtme.jpg
mothersday2007031.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ