Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Marty. That ensemble is somewhat for fun in that I was trying to make everything a pattern, but it is what I wore today. I need to get a patterned hat ribbon. ;)

Speaking of double monks, rumor is that Allen Edmonds has discontinued the suede Moras. I'm tempted to track down a pair.

AlanC

^ Anthony, you're even dapper at bedtime.

Marty, I like your leather button cufflinks. Very whimsical. I assume they're homemade? Is your woven paisley tie a Robert Talbott? I like it very much.

Marty M.

Vendor
Button up.

AlanC said:
^ Anthony, you're even dapper at bedtime.

Marty, I like your leather button cufflinks. Very whimsical. I assume they're homemade? Is your woven paisley tie a Robert Talbott? I like it very much.

Thanks Alan. I like the leather button cuff links with sport coats or country suits. I can't remember who made them for us. They were very reasonable. I'll check on them again. I'd like to order some more for the shop. The tie is a Nick Hilton paisley. I'd love to carry Talbott. but, there's a larger store around the corner from me that won't allow me to have the line.
Even though I love Robert Talbott neckwear, I think that I'm a better neckwear merchandicer since I can't carry it. I'm always looking for smaller and unique lines to fill the Talbott void.
By the way, I'm going to check into the suede Mora's issue and let you know.
Marty

AlanC

Marty M. said:
The tie is a Nick Hilton paisley. I'd love to carry Talbott. but, there's a larger store around the corner from me that won't allow me to have the line.

Nick Hilton ties are nice. I've got a couple. Talbott makes some wonderful ties, although some (many?) of their designs are a bit overly exuberant. When they get it right, they get it right, though. They do tend to be a bit ubiquitous. What tie lines do you carry at the moment?

Marty M.

Vendor
Too many.

AlanC said:
Nick Hilton ties are nice. I've got a couple. Talbott makes some wonderful ties, although some (many?) of their designs are a bit overly exuberant. When they get it right, they get it right, though. They do tend to be a bit ubiquitous. What tie lines do you carry at the moment?

The answer is actually too many. We carry Carrot & Gibbs, JZ Richards, Kolte, Dion, RHM, Bolgheri, Seaward & Sterns, Holliday & Brown, Jack Simspon and a couple of lines coming in this fall that I can't recall their names. Scarry. I must think that my pockets are deeper then they really are. Right now JZ Richards and Seaward & Sterns are my best sellers.
That would be my biggest issue with carrying Talbott, I would only be able to afford one or two smaller lines. Talbott would want a larger buy then I would be willing to give them.
Marty

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Those socks!
P1010079.jpg

(and the shirt, and the belt, shoes, links....)

Wonderful Marty!!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing a 1940s dress like this one, except that mine is a dark grey with all white trim.

grey.jpg

This is paired with a red 1940s red leather belt, red wedges, a red beaded necklace and bracelets, and star-shaped red rhinestone earrings. Lips and nails match, of course :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Today I am wearing navy blue sailor pants, a white blouse with puff sleeves, white peep toe wedges and my hair as it is in my avatar. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the outfit - might have to remedy that once I get home tonight! (I do look rather cute, if I may say so...) :)

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
Well, I actually wore this yesterday, but close enough! I wore a Surfriders dress to a car show and my husband was kind enough to let me sit on his tire, haha!

small.jpg

Dr Doran

D-Day-Doll said:
Well, I actually wore this yesterday, but close enough! I wore a Surfriders dress to a car show and my husband was kind enough to let me sit on his tire, haha!

small.jpg

Once again ... Killing me.
Kill
Ling
Me.
You look beyond stunning.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Doran said:
Once again ... Killing me.
Kill
Ling
Me.
You look beyond stunning.

I have to agree with Doran. While I love that hot rod, I don't blame your husband for "allowing" you to sit on the tire. D-Day, you MAKE that hot rod.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch