Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
On a heritage Homes tour.

Sunday.jpg

Scott -- that is an awesome look. The hat, the jacket, everything...! Bravo. Speaking of that jacket, who makes it and where'd you get it?

Steve

Marty M.

Vendor
Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.

Dagwood said:
I decided to wear a bow tie today.

b_164739.jpg

Ok Dagwood, you know that somebody has to talk to you about your pocketflap situation. It brings the term "Pick Pocket" to mind. All jokeing aside the cut of the chest and shoulders of your jacket fit perfect. Bravo.
Marty

Dagwood

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
Ok Dagwood, you know that somebody has to talk to you about your pocketflap situation. It brings the term "Pick Pocket" to mind.

Gosh, I didn't think anyone would notice. :) I can't put anything past you guys. lol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
PastimeSteve said:
Scott -- that is an awesome look. The hat, the jacket, everything...! Bravo. Speaking of that jacket, who makes it and where'd you get it?

Steve

Thanks!

It's J. Peterman linen, but I can't find this particular one in any of my catalogs.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I found an actual photo of the dress I was wearing yesterday (with different shoes). Pardon my hair, which is full of bleach in this photo.
grey40sdress.jpg

Today, I am wearing this mint green 50s day dress with green lucite and rhinestone buttons down the front.
greendress.jpg

With these white shoes, which have since been beautifully cleaned up :)
whiteshoes.jpg

And a matching white purse
whitepursenew.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
Today, I am at jury duty :mad:

Cntinuing the boho trend, I'm wearing a black and white sequins lined skirt, bright yellow wrap blouse and yello flip flops.

Boo to jury duty but yay! to free wireless connection.

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
The image doesn't show in the thread page, but it does viewed as a single post. Thought I could help everyone by saying that.

I think the pocket square looks fine. I would have kept it to two peaks though, one orange, one red. Less is more, as they say! I have a pair of trousers in almost that exact fabric... does it have a subtle rust windowpane?

Nope, no rust. The jacket is all one color (black), with differently textured threads making the pattern look different. (The different threads might take the dye differently, too, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same color dye.)

For the pocket square, four points seems to be the easiest way to get it to go together. It's actually two pocket squares made to look like just one. Unfortunately, the maroon one is about 1/4 the size of the orange one, so it took a little work to pull off. I'll probably only wear them like that on days there's a home game.

-Jake

Marty M.

Vendor
KittyT said:
I found an actual photo of the dress I was wearing yesterday (with different shoes). Pardon my hair, which is full of bleach in this photo.
grey40sdress.jpg

Today, I am wearing this mint green 50s day dress with green lucite and rhinestone buttons down the front.
greendress.jpg

With these white shoes, which have since been beautifully cleaned up :)
whiteshoes.jpg

And a matching white purse
whitepursenew.jpg

KittyT,
I love the first outfit. I love the white accents, buttons and the collar. It's also a great fit. It looks perfect on you. :eusa_clap
Marty Mathis

StanleyVanBuren

Marty M. said:

Will you stop already?

I can't afford the plane ticket and I can't afford to buy anything right now (at least not at your level) but with every photo you post I get just that much closer to whipping out the credit card.

But seriously though... what I like most about what you're doing here is the combination of different patterns. They compliment each other very well, I think. :)

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks Stanley.

Actually, what you need to do Stanley is just move up here. I have tons of Attny's for clients. We'll find you a good Law Firm with a dress code and a corner office and a clothing allowance. Hey, maybe we can get them to kick in a signing bonus of a few custom rags. How's that sound? Besides, I can promise you that you'll never over heat in February. lol My best to you pal.
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Lame?

Here is my lame excuse for a self picture. I'm still learning this technology stuff. Thank God I can work a tape measure better then a camera.
Marty Mathis

P1010192.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The shop looks fun, Marty. You should post some pictures of it down in the merchants section (or maybe you've already done that...).

Dagwood

Practically Family
Looking sharp Marty. Your shop looks like the best!

Like Marty, I'm still learning how to work this "technology stuff." Here is today's photo - as you can see from my eyes, allergy season is in full swing. I took a close up to show you the patterns in my shirt, tie and suit.

155937.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Marty M. said:
Actually, what you need to do Stanley is just move up here. I have tons of Attny's for clients. We'll find you a good Law Firm with a dress code and a corner office and a clothing allowance. Hey, maybe we can get them to kick in a signing bonus of a few custom rags. How's that sound? Besides, I can promise you that you'll never over heat in February. lol My best to you pal.
Marty

Sounds like there are some better-dressed attorneys in MN than there are here in LA!

I might not overheat in Feb, but I would probably freeze my ass off. I'm a socal kid at heart, and am afraid I could never live in a colder climate. My annual Tahoe New Years trip is about all I'm able to handle. I still can't believe I grew up in the bay area & was able to survive as long as I did. [huh]

So, no plans for a website anytime soon?

StanleyVanBuren

Dagwood,

Hard to tell but that looks like a check shirt. I like it!

You've also got a nice combination of patterns going on there. I too am wearing a check shirt and a pinstripe suit today, but I don't think I've done it as well as you have. (Photos later, perhaps)

Dagwood

Practically Family
StanleyVanBuren said:
Dagwood,

Hard to tell but that looks like a check shirt. I like it!

You've also got a nice combination of patterns going on there. I too am wearing a check shirt and a pinstripe suit today, but I don't think I've done it as well as you have. (Photos later, perhaps)

Thanks SVB! It is a check shirt. By the way, SVB, I went to Freddy Vandecasteele in Sherman Oaks today and got fitted for a shirt. I'll post pictures when I get the shirt next week. The collar is going to look like this (thanks Belly Tank for the inspiration).

P.S. Post photos!!

StanleyVanBuren

Nice. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I will say this for undercurve:

One of my biggest complaints about point collars (modern ones at least) is that they end up leaving space between the collar and the lapels of the suit, while a spread collar extends out to touch the lapels.

A proper undercurve solves this dilemma.

And I will do my best re: photos. Unfortunately I've been getting home late, which means no daylight. Oh well! [huh]

Jovan

Suspended
Marty, I have to say that suit you're wearing is pretty swell. (And I'm not talking about the chest cut! :p) The lapels look like something out of the past. Good job!

StanleyVanBuren

Dagwood said:
P.S. Post photos!!

Ask and ye shall receive! I snapped these just now in my backyard once I got home from work. There was just enough light left:

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7048.jpg

Like I said, I think you have the better check/stripes combo. But I do have the peak lapels, so...

Either way, I wish I had a charcoal grey suit for this shirt/tie combination. But I don't, so I just grabbed the one grey suit I do have. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ