Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jovan

Suspended
Stanley, I like where you're going but think the suit would benefit from a subtler shirt pattern. Having stripes that show up that much next to a bold check pattern can be a bit overloading, visually. That shirt would do great with a solid suit.

(I'd also suggest a white pocket square but I believe you said you hate 'em. :p)

StanleyVanBuren

Jovan said:
(I'd also suggest a white pocket square but I believe you said you hate 'em. :p)

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I like pocket squares.

I simply don't own any at the moment.

I have said that I wouldn't wear one to work or court as it might be a step too far. I don't agree that's how it should be, but it's the way things are currently in my field and locale. Even being just a law clerk, I have to watch what I dress as the jury will know which side I work for, even when just sitting in the back. They'll see me talk to the attorneys I work for, etc. I'm already pushing it wearing cufflinks, and I have to choose my battles, so the pocket square will have to wait.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Marty M. said:
Here is my lame excuse for a self picture. I'm still learning this technology stuff. Thank God I can work a tape measure better then a camera.

Hi Marty,

That is a great shot of a great store and an even better outfit. :eusa_clap Next time I'm in your area, I'm definitely going to visit your store!

Steve

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
StanleyVanBuren said:
I'm already pushing it wearing cufflinks, and I have to choose my battles, so the pocket square will have to wait.
Stanley, you could carry a PS with you and switch it back and forth from breast pocket to inside pocket, as the situation warrants; I've done that.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Marty M. said:
Here is my lame excuse for a self picture. I'm still learning this technology stuff. Thank God I can work a tape measure better then a camera.
Marty Mathis

P1010192.jpg

Now THAT is what I've been waiting to see. Fantastic!

warbird

One Too Many
Marty M. said:
Marty Mathis

P1010192.jpg

Great look, beautiful shop. I'm sorry I wasn't on the FL back when I used to travel to Minneapolis a couple times a year. Someday perhaps I shall return there.

StanleyVanBuren

The real Henry said:
Hey Stanley, what about a pair of black dress shoes? I got me two pairs by quality brands(Allen edmonds and Johnston&Murphy) for 20$ each.

I do have a pair of black cap-toe oxfords. I wore them to the Cat & Fiddle the other night. However, they aren't as comfortable as my brown shoes and so I tend to only wear them with my black suit. [huh]

As far as Allen Edmonds go, I'd like to get a pair. But I am very picky about shoe fit and would have to probably buy a new pair first in order to be able to try them on and figure out my exact size. Which would be expensive.

I suppose I could just go try some on, and then buy a used pair, but first, that would be rather uncouth in my mind, and second, I'm not sure I'm down with buying used shoes in any event.

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
not today, but the odds of me uploading a picture the day i take it are... nada
i try to get things in classic shapes, i thought the shoes has a really nice proportion to them without too high of a heel... and i have a weakness for loud colors that a lot of people won't wear. I guess i really should have tucked the shirt in if i was trying to be true to the look i was going for...
m_d92e0a4c60716460403735c3e5251b2c.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
Stan the man again.

StanleyVanBuren said:
Ask and ye shall receive! I snapped these just now in my backyard once I got home from work. There was just enough light left:

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7048.jpg

Like I said, I think you have the better check/stripes combo. But I do have the peak lapels, so...

Either way, I wish I had a charcoal grey suit for this shirt/tie combination. But I don't, so I just grabbed the one grey suit I do have. [huh]

Hey Stanley, I like the 2 button peaked lapel model you're wearing. That's a good model for you.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks.

warbird said:
Great look, beautiful shop. I'm sorry I wasn't on the FL back when I used to travel to Minneapolis a couple times a year. Someday perhaps I shall return there.

Yes, return. Return soon. Thanks.
Marty

Summer Lid

My new Stetson center dent panama! Although otherwise dressed in filson featherweight shirt, rolled cuff bluejeans and denim field coat (garb for motorcycle commuting in summer), the lid (from Hollywood Hatters on Melrose - plug) gave me enough of an air of authority to rule the roost, appropriately, in a dispute at work today. The publisher then thanked me for provoking a much needed confrontation with a less than talented photographer demanding way too much attention, at deadline no less. I owe it all to the hat.

Marty M.

Vendor
It's a very casual Friday.

So today I decided that I was going super casual to the shop. The outfit: Navy Blazer, Cream color Gabs, Lime Green Knit Shirt, Beaded Belt, Old ColeHann Spectator's and a Coconut lid. Enjoy.
Marty

P1010200.jpg

This shot is from inside our changing room.

P1010205.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010207.jpg

P1010210.jpg

These ColeHann's are about twenty two years old. They use to make a heck of a shoe.

Rooster

Practically Family
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to church I go. 1968 dated maroon sharkskin, shimers to green when the sun hits it right.
As I'm typing I'm back from church, ready to go out and put up fence. Patched Key bib overalls, same white shirt with a skinny black tie and a Big ol' Tom Mix cowboy hat.
theshark.jpg
[/IMG]

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Today - new Akubra Campdraft, vibrant blue J. Peterman linen "Simoom" shirt, vintage tie (red w/ yellow triangles), cotton/wool Bill's Khakis (M1 variant), cordovan shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ