Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
m_IMG_0189.jpg

m_IMG_0302.jpg

m_IMG_0462.jpg

Relaxed week-end winter gear, one with my favorite cap, taken yesterday.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
By the end of the evening, the linen shirt and tie had given way to a salmon & cream silk loop collar shirt, along with the cotton/wool Bill's Khakis and the new Campdraft.

Mary Beth seems to approve.

690018877_933ca0fe52.jpg

690018433_e6f79d9ac8.jpg

690883232_b1c313b23b.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Orgetorix said:
Alan, is that tie a knit or a grenadine? It looks good.

Thanks. Grenadine (Jovan wins the prize). No matching (or even odd) waistcoat--it's a summer suit and it hit about 95 here today.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Today I’m wearing a knee length chestnut brown skirt with piping along the godets and an oatmeal colored top embroidered with brown, sage green and cranberry colored flowers.

I’m also wearing brown leather Mary Janes with Velcro straps. I cinched said Mary Janes a bit tightly on my left foot and skinned a bit of my lower ankle. As a result, I’m sporting a bright pink Hello Kitty band-aid cadged from a co-worker to finish off my ensemble.

Well, at least pink goes with brown.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Today, I'm wearing a 1940s navy day dress with a button-down front, pleated skirt front, and sheer striped insets in front of the shoulders. Red 1940s belt, vintage FF nude stockings, red peep-toe heels, red star-shaped rhinestone earrings, matching red 1940s handbag. This outfit is cute. Maybe I'll take pics later!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Here is what I am wearing:

1930's blue and white floral cotton play suit
White button up collared blouse- not vintage :(
Silver ballet flats
1940's red basket purse with bakelite handle with pearls and rhinestones.

StanleyVanBuren

NicolettaRose said:
Great outfit! You always look really nice.

Thanks!! Always great to hear.

Today... I am wearing the Brooks Brothers sport coat I bought from Alan C!

OK, I didn't actually wear it today, but it had arrived when I got home, so here are some photos. AND, there was even a very nice bonus included! See if you can pick it out from the following:

IMG_7093.jpg

or, with a button-down collar and sans tie:

IMG_7097.jpg

So, the fit is pretty good. I will need to take it to my tailor to have it taken in a little bit. The arms are very large on me for some reason. But for the most part, it's really great. Fit is great in the shoulders and relatively trim through the waist even. With a few minor alterations, it will be perfect.

I keep finding different places in my house to take photos. I still say outdoor shots look the best, but it's tough when you get home in the late evenings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ