Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
OK, here it is. Please pardon the absolutely retarded expression on my face. My photographer couldn't be bothered to take more than one :)

Nice use of red. You don't look retarded at all, only puzzled. We all get puzzled from time to time.

AlanC

StanleyVanBuren said:
IMG_7093.jpg

Very sharp. You look great in it, and the bonus item finishes off the look well.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
Huzzah! SVB is wearing a pocket square, and he looks GREAT!

Well done, Stanley, and well done to the kind seller who included the bonus item. ;)

I second that. It looks great! :eusa_clap

Sunny

One Too Many
The Landscaping Project of Doom Continues!

P1010008.jpg

The only thing vintage is the helmet, complete with liner. And maybe the saw, which my dad has had for many years. I was requested to assist Bro. No. 2 with thinning and pruning the pear tree while our parents worked on cutting stone and building the retaining wall under the tree. This pear tree has hundreds of small green and just-ripening pears, and cutting and tugging branches out of it sends a painful shower down below. Hence the helmet.

The chin strap is in poor shape, but Bro. No. 3 helped me adjust and fasten it. It helped a lot to keep it on, since I was always craning my neck back to study what needed to come off next. At first I was on the ground while Bro. No. 2 used the ladder and saw. When he went in, I used the ladder, then went into the tree. Once when I cut through a small branch it popped back and struck the front of the helmet. I was also glad for it when I had to wedge myself further up in the tree; I didn't have to worry about poking my head or getting my hair caught in a tricky snarl.

The rain appears to be over, and the sun is fierce. The metal got HOT.

For good measure, here is Bro. No. 2 on the roof. That IS a pith helmet.

P1010002.jpg

And let me tell you, helmet hair beats hat hair hollow. :eek: We're not finished yet, either...

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Quickie reflection shot - the sun finally came out in Fort Worth today, so I chose my J. Peterman linen drawstring pants, my white linen guayabera shirt, brown wino shoes, and my optimo crown panama (an eBay find).

749089441_33c7bee9ce.jpg

AlanC

Feraud, it is. It's a Brooks Brothers that I got from ebay seller 'armyhardhat' who deals in BB clearance merchandise. It was from a couple of seasons ago, I think, although I bought it from him about a month ago. If he doesn't have any available you might try contacting him and seeing if he could get you one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk