Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jovan

Suspended
One of these days, when I find a suit to wear it with (I do not yet own a '20s or '30s suit) I will go for a club collar. Young Indiana Jones looked particularly dapper in them.

Sunny

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Demand pictures! Men in uniform look quite smart.

Sunny, you are way too adorable.
Diamondback said:
Regarding Miss Sunny, ditto what the young gentleman from the Sunshine State just said.
*chuckle* Thanks, guys!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
What am I wearing today?

Wrinkles! That's what!

I ironed my shirt this morning and left the house looking all crispy and neat. Between the humidity and my commute I may as well not even bothered--my shirt is one big wrinkle! Ah, Summer--it does wreak havock on the natural fibers. It's a small consolation that everyone else looks wrinkled today too.

PS You look so sharp Alan! The tie adds that extra something to the outfit.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The problem now is I can't show a picture of me wearing that shirt for a long time because everyone noticed it!

As for finding it, when I checked armyhardhat still had three sizes left, and at a very good price. It's apparently an outlet item now as they're clearing them out. Check your Brooks outlets, I guess, and trawl ebay.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Today I wore my 50's Grecian Urn sun dress. No photo of me in it, but here is the dress.

leadinglady_001.jpg

This is what I wore yesterday. I made this dress from a vintage pattern.
IM000149b.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing a cute navy w/ white polka dots repro wrap 40s style dress. Add red wedges, red rhinestone star-shaped earrings, a red beaded necklace and bracelet, and a red leather 40s handbag and I have a nice, comfortable, lazy day outfit.

Marq

Familiar Face
ummmmmm well lookin very stylish in dirty old work jeans dirty oily old polo shirt,dirty old trainers and dirty old hat.I bloody hate work but thursday nite i will be very stylish lol...........Paul

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Brown and cream striped sweater with a boatneck and 3/4 length sleeves.
Dark denim 50s inspired capris.
Brown leather ballet flats.
Pearl earrings.
60s inspired makeup.(ala' Audrey Hepburn's doe-eyed look)with coral lipstick.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Since I'm meeting KittyT after work today I have forsaken the modern clothes I usually sport at my place of employment.

I'm wearing a late 1940's forest green dress with horizontal tucks and tiny button accents, brown ankle strap shoes and my vintage Trifari set--earrings and bracelet with green and white rhinestones. Filene's basement willing, I'll have a brown belt on before the day is out as well.

PS AlanC I love your color choices--the tans and blues look great together (the socks are terrific too!)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Since I'm meeting KittyT after work today I have forsaken the modern clothes I usually sport at my place of employment.

I'm wearing a late 1940's forest green dress with horizontal tucks and tiny button accents, brown ankle strap shoes and my vintage Trifari set--earrings and bracelet with green and white rhinestones. Filene's basement willing, I'll have a brown belt on before the day is out as well.

OOOOH sounds cute! I can't wait to see it!

I usually dress vintage for work, but pulled out a 40s dress today that I haven't worn before. Pale pink with an atomic type print in dark pink, black and teal. Black wedges, a light pink fakelite bracelet with rhinestones, and a pair of cabuchon style pink earrings.

pascalf

New in Town
A2 jacket(eastman) under it an Aetrex desert shirt,us ww2 boxershort,ATF service boots and socks and a dockers khaki k1 style.A bit of a mixed style but i am staring out after all.I am looking for a nice suit to wear.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marq said:
ummmmmm well lookin very stylish in dirty old work jeans dirty oily old polo shirt,dirty old trainers and dirty old hat.I bloody hate work but thursday nite i will be very stylish lol...........Paul

The ladies love a man who OCCASIONALLY wears dirty jeans. Shows he's masculine. (According to my wife, who encourages me to wear jeans sometimes, with rolled-up cuffs, and a white t-shirt!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider