Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

moustache

Practically Family
Today 12/1/06

Being dress up friday,i decided to wear brown houndstooth trousers,Van Heusen shirt(light brown),my Johnson and Murphy spectators and a Harris Tweed sportcoat.
Add my spectacles(non-prescription) to complete the outfit!

Should be fun hearing the comments on the spectators!!This is my first day wearing them.

Jim in Vancouver,Wa

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today 12-1-06

Today is my day off. I was gonna dress down and just run an errand or two and call it a day. No, I tried and was all huffed. SO I put on a button up calico oxford, tights, my houndstooth tube skirt, brown loafers and my green wool felt suit coat that I just finished. That was dressed down to me. :eusa_doh:

I guess Im in it for the long haul. :)

LD

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
01 Dec 06

Just another day at work for me. Safari shirt from Cabela's, Orvis briar pants (it was crazy windy, and nothing gets through these pants!), J.Crew Ruggeds, canvas Orvis short jacket, and my Akubra Flinders, which I recently modified with an RCMP hatband to replace the way-too-western braided hatband. Pretty much the same everyday, since I never know when I may go on a snake call (well, that was pretty unlikely today, since it was 23 degrees when I got up this morning!), dig through a box of artifacts, or go out to the field. As it turned out the most strenuous thing I did all day was comb-bind a report (interestingly, Marc, it was the first report to come out of the Range Creek Canyon study. Great stuff!).

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Oh, interesting thread. And so heartwarming to read how swank you all look today! ;)

Well for me it was, brown wool trousers, a wrinkled pale blue shirt w. rolled up sleves, vintage kakhi suspenders.

Since i was hungover and i actually forgot to shave and treat my pencil-mustache. [huh]

But tonight theres a christmas-dinner, and i will wear my new high rise trousers and vest from "Old Town" (!) chocolate brown wool serge that is. White shirt, dark and dotted bow tie amd with that ill wear a danish WW2 resitance fighter pin and have b/w spectator shoes on my happy feet.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yesterday:
green pants,
green shirt with the sleeves rolled up,
green '60's skinny tie, green '60's stingy brim hat,
green and creme shoes.
green lens sunglasses

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Today

Well, I just got a haircut today....and it happened to finally cool down enough to wear real clothes!

Light blue oxford shirt (button-down collar), belt-back herringbone tan jacket, dark gray-blue trousers, argle socks, blue scarf.
The only vintage I'm wearing is a 30's batwing Arrow polka dotted bowtie.
CIMG5171-1.jpg

And the haircut:
CIMG5174.jpg

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Nice haircut. It just looks.. proper!

How is it doing together with that cap? My hairdo always always flatten down completely when wearing cap. What did guys do back then?
slick it back?

The real Henry

Practically Family
I also think a vintage style haircut goes better with hats and caps, because you don't get the so-called "hathead".

BTW- The fabric of your pants looks pretty thick, what givex the a very vintage appearance, IMO. Could probably tell me the brand?

Regards,
Henrik.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
The real Henry said:
I also think a vintage style haircut goes better with hats and caps, because you don't get the so-called "hathead".

BTW- The fabric of your pants looks pretty thick, what givex the a very vintage appearance, IMO. Could probably tell me the brand?

Regards,
Henrik.

Tis Nautica.

Rosie

One Too Many
Today it was very cold. I wore a pair of wide leg brown tweed trousers, beige blouse, beige wedgies, my camel hair coat and vintage leather brown gloves. No flowers in my hair today :(

Jay

Practically Family
Dark blue wide-leg jeans, short sleeve light-blue oxford shirt(Sears from the late 70s), white T-shirt(Hanes), brown herringbone zip-up jacket (from the Gap), modern sneakers and argyle socks. Casual yet out of place in todays college fashions. As in none of my clothes has some logo scrawled across it.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
My roomate (left) and I (right) before going to a formal dinner recently.

meandEdwin.jpg

He is wearing some of my extra things, like the brown fedora, gray trenchcoat and tie. I am wearing a dark blue, three-piece pinstripe SB cotton suit, vintage tie (my favorite), vintage black casimere SB overcoat, gray fedora and black & white two-tone wingtips. ;)
Billy

moustache

Practically Family
Today 12/6/06

A casual day at work:Light green/dusky Dockers,light brown button up shirt,cashmere waistcoat,grey long tie and Nordstrom's Italian line oxfords.
Topped with a Borsalino tweed Gruppo Doria cap.

JD in Vancouver,Wa

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Black wrap dress, pearl necklace and earrings. Hair straightened and in pony tail.
Knee length black leather coat, black high heel boots---I feel a sogn coming on...these boots are made for walkin', that's what I'm gonna do...

Oh that's another thread

griffer

Practically Family
Winter is really here...

Hello, I am new here-

Usually, I am a bow tie and suit guy, but the year is winding down, and i felt more casual today.

Gray gabardine slacks, black wool turtleneck, black wingtips with white stitching, black cashmere, full overcoat, olive and black shemagh and my new stetson chocolate/olive fedora.

I am new to the forum and I am still searching the threads, but I came here to learn more about hats. My first was a steel grey Stetson fedora, new, ten years ago. Since then I have had a Bailey, and a straw porkpie, not to mention all my boonies and caps. I just want to learn more. My new chocolate Stetson is actually 'vintage'- whatever that means. It has a great hand, fine finish and is marked as beaver. One of the nicest hats I have seen in a while, but it could be from the 70s for all I know.

Anyone here heard of a conformulator? Got to try one out in a custom hat shop in Albuquerque this year.

Looking forward to this forum...

Griffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff