Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Hey- I just checked this thread for the first time in weeks! Great looks, everybody! AlanC, you have godly shoes and always mix patterns very well. I like your Ivy League style!

Stanley, you've made so much progress since the last pictures I saw. I like the proportional tie knots, hat, and (GASP!) pocket square! :eusa_clap

I am proud to be amongst you well dressed ladies and gents.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Today I am wearinga black, high-waisted pencil skirt, a jade-green short sleeved, fitted seater with a self bow at the v-neck, white remix sandals and a new hairdo, finished with a little white orchid!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Today I am wearinga black, high-waisted pencil skirt, a jade-green short sleeved, fitted seater with a self bow at the v-neck, white remix sandals and a new hairdo, finished with a little white orchid!

How difficult it is for us to reconstruct this ensemble in our (collective) mind's eye. Photos?

Rosie

One Too Many
Got DRENCHED this morning. High wasited brown slacks, yellow satin secretary's blouse, yellow espadrille wedgies, big sunflower in my hair. I'm in the process of locing my hair so no rolls for me for a while. I also have this great non vintage yellow bag with a peacock made of off white and yellow sequins and beads, my favorite newest purchase. :D

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Cordovan shoes, cordovan belt, dark blue wool trousers, white Nordstrom shirt, light brown & tan houndstooth Hart, Schaffner, and Marx sport jacket, sand Akubra Campdraft.

Nothin' fancy. Casual and comfy.

848827402_a0d1f34921_o.jpg

The jacket is German and late 1940s/early 1950s and my current favourite. The shirt is 1950s J.C. Penney and the trousers are modern . . . Express. Low rise, unfortunately, but it works okay with this longer line jacket. The cap is my only relic of my time at Purdue. Much worn and sun damaged. 6 years of 30 degree days for 4 months through the summer will turn a black cap brown.

GermanJacketCombo1.jpg

The boots are modern Dolce & Gabbana. Very difficult to find in UK 5.5, but i found a pair:

D&GBoots2.jpg
D&GBoots1.jpg

bk

Dr Doran

Baron Kurtz said:
The jacket is German and late 1940s/early 1950s and my current favourite. The shirt is 1950s J.C. Penney and the trousers are modern . . . Express. Low rise, unfortunately, but it works okay with this longer line jacket. The cap is my only relic of my time at Purdue. Much worn and sun damaged. 6 years of 30 degree days for 4 months through the summer will turn a black cap brown.bk

And he even pulls off "Slacker" with style! Bravo!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Black 40's styled cotton sweater with a v neck and a tie at the back, black gored skirt, sketchers with a black and white herringbone print and a zig zag strap closure (I'm going to be on step ladders a lot today).

Rimless glasses and a vintage Coro black enamel locket with rhinestones.

Picture perhaps tonight (I was late this morning as it was!)

Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
40's sportswear look today, all repro. 40's puff sleeve dark purple short sleeved shirt, dark grey high waisted pleated wool trousers, black pumps.

I'm wearing this again, except with flats and my Donna Karan Black Label white wool trench. It's raining again!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Dress in haste, repent at leisure...

With apologies to the old saying.

Actually, I don't look too bad today having torn out of the house at cartoon character speed this morning after oversleeping (that alarm clock is going on the dresser where I can't reach it tonight!).

Red bateau neck top with 3/4 sleeves, black skirt, black heels with white stitching and ankle straps. No jewelry (I feel bare!).

Don't think I'll bother taking pictures of this outfit but I have photos from yesterday to upload. Also, my houseguests are taking me out to some chi-chi restaurant tonight so some photos will probably emerge from that outing as well.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
Black 40's styled cotton sweater with a v neck and a tie at the back, black gored skirt, sketchers with a black and white herringbone print and a zig zag strap closure (I'm going to be on step ladders a lot today).

Rimless glasses and a vintage Coro black enamel locket with rhinestones.

Picture perhaps tonight (I was late this morning as it was!)

blackoutfit-1.jpg

Better late than never. Pity, you can't really see the detail on the sweater due to the color and my lack of auto timer photography skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff