Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jerekson

One Too Many
Today was wash day for all my good clothes...so I was stuck wearing a red t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

I hardly felt like myself and I didn't even want to leave the house :(

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, tonight is Vintage Night at the Presidio Club in San Francisco, as organized by the Lounge's very own FedoraGent. There will be a good 60 people there; the SF Art Deco Society was invited. I don't want to look too staid; colorful to the point of zany appeals more to my mood now, since it's rainy at the moment. So tonight will be (I think -- still have time to change my mind):

My vintage 1940s Finchley grey DB suit, of the thickest wool imaginable
Brand spanking new cheap ($80) white-and-burgundy wingtip spectators
German brown suede fedora
Light pink french cuff shirt (looks good with a grey suit)
Silverish cufflinks with tiny green (faux) emeralds
Collar pin -- not clip-on but thrust-through
Not sure about the socks. Possibly green.
Not sure about the tie. Perhaps my handpainted 40s green forest scene tie.
My killer metal framed, light green lens sunglasses

I may instead wear my dark blue 1940s Finchley DB suit instead but the jacket is a little tight. Horizontal creases sometimes are visible. I wear a 42 and it's a 40. I think I can simply get the buttons moved, though.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Wrangler blue jeans (with the cuffs rolled up), a plaid short sleeve shirt (with the sleeves rolled up), work boots, and the Akubra "Squatter" that is in my avatar....pretty much what I wear every day! ;)

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
From Kicks to Conk:

Brown (moo-cow made to look like alligator) and white spectators, khaki colored socks with a zig-zag weave, light khaki plain front gabardine trousers, thin brown belt, soft white and barely perceptable light blue stripe shirt, open collar to show tiki and coconut shell necklaces, cream 50's 3-button jacket, vintage gold and mother of pearl ukulele tie bar worn as a lapel pin, 1910's/20's oval wire rim spectacles, semi-panama styled staw hat (label missing) with vents on the side, brim up.

Look to your left, Ladies and Gents... My first post in the Lounge.

;)

Dashing1

New in Town
Welcome, Dred!

The outfit sounds interesting (particularly for Texas). Would love to see more pics showing details.

Post often!

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Today's outfit includes (from the toes up) a pair of black velvet vintage inspired open toed wedge shoes. A pair of black Cuban seamed stockings. A black garter belt. A black pencil skirt. A white cotton-ish shirt with a simi-choke yoke and a pretty set of ruffles on the neck and sleeve caps. But sadly no vintage hair.

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Dashing1 said:
Welcome, Dred!

The outfit sounds interesting (particularly for Texas). Would love to see more pics showing details.

Post often!

Aw, we here in Tejas are all kinds of interesting... I'll post some pics as soon as I get our digital camera working again. Thanks for the welcome!

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Tamamiko said:
Today's outfit includes (from the toes up) a pair of black velvet vintage inspired open toed wedge shoes. A pair of black Cuban seamed stockings. A black garter belt. A black pencil skirt. A white cotton-ish shirt with a simi-choke yoke and a pretty set of ruffles on the neck and sleeve caps. But sadly no vintage hair.

Holy Smokes!:D

Tamamiko said:
Aww, no pic?:( You enjoy teasing guys, don't you?lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
'MY..!' How did I miss this? Simply 'Pure Class..!'

Dear ImOldFashioned,

This outfit is sensational, no other word for it, for someone like me who has swallowed the dictionary for breakfast I'm just lost for words!

imoldfashioned said:
blackoutfit-1.jpg

Better late than never. Pity, you can't really see the detail on the sweater due to the color and my lack of auto timer photography skills.

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Lookin' Good, Techno!

As for myself, I am sporting brown with a touch of black in the trim 50's -60's vintage shoes, tan/olive with black figures and brown striped socks, tan worsted shirtweight slacks, white cotton snap-tab shirt, olive/brown sharkskin early 60's jacket, brown, olive, and black skinny 60's stripe rep tie (originally my grandfather's), white hanky, t.v. fold, modern black horn-rims (replaced vintage horn-rims), pocket watch and chain (as usual), rings, et al, same straw as yesterday. Betty Page button in lapel.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dread Scott said:
From Kicks to Conk:

Brown (moo-cow made to look like alligator) and white spectators, khaki colored socks with a zig-zag weave, light khaki plain front gabardine trousers, thin brown belt, soft white and barely perceptable light blue stripe shirt, open collar to show tiki and coconut shell necklaces, cream 50's 3-button jacket, vintage gold and mother of pearl ukulele tie bar worn as a lapel pin, 1910's/20's oval wire rim spectacles, semi-panama styled staw hat (label missing) with vents on the side, brim up.

Look to your left, Ladies and Gents... My first post in the Lounge.

;)

Nice to meet you Dread. And looking swell.

FatherTom

New in Town
I am wearing standard Marine Corps issue cold weather boots, (despite the 90+ weather today,) Cyote Brown boot socks, in the Marine Corps Pattern-Digital Woodland Camoflague Print combat utility uniform trousers, olive scivvy [T-] shirt, Digital Woodland Blouce with the naval style "white roll" sleeves, and my wedding band.
images

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Bless you Paddy, you're too kind.

It's Friday, hurrah! It's almost 80 degrees here, supposed to be 90 before the day is done.

I am decidedly unvintage today; speckled grey knee length pencil skirt, pale blue/grey 3/4 sleeve shirt, black/white herringbone sketchers (more running about planned for today). Rimmless glasses, alice band and my vintage wide Danecraft silver bracelet. Also, a wide brimmed natural straw hat for venturing into the sunshine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ