Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Technonut

Practically Family
Empyrium said:
Technonut...a "light" look...nice

Thanks! :) It was certainly warm enough for it today... ;)

Jerekson.. VERY nice 3 piece.. Great tie! :eusa_clap

Atomic Glee.. Nice look! :)

In fact, EVERYONE has been looking quite stylish in this thread... :)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Technonut said:
Just ready to step out.... Nothing special except my linen Borsalino newsboy..

178.jpg

Mate Technonut - you're rollin' ...rollin' ...rollin' on a river all the way to Florida or what ? Might I suggest Miami Calle Ocho might be your most appropriate pit stop....circa 19????s of course

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saturday.jpg

Green socks with black and light blue flowers - $4
Gray thrift store suit (Bill Blass, whatever) - $19
Knox fedora, light brown/tan - I have no idea how much I bought it for, 10 years ago or so
Pale yellow dress shirt - ditto
Tie, not paisley but a paisley-like pattern whose name I do not know - $2 Goodwill
Vintage pocket square - ?$
Yellowish vest - $11
Oxblood and black Florsheim saddle shoes - $5.99 Goodwill

Baby - PRICELESS

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doran,
Absolutely fantastic look; the hat, the vest, everything; very unique and very stylish. Well done, sir.
And, of course, the baby trumps everything. ;)
Adorable baby, the ultimate accessory.

Dear Mary, Polka Dot, and Atomic,
thanks for your kind comments on my ensemble from yesterday. :)

Technonut

Practically Family
cookie said:
Mate Technonut - you're rollin' ...rollin' ...rollin' on a river all the way to Florida or what ? Might I suggest Miami Calle Ocho might be your most appropriate pit stop....circa 19????s of course

Actually, I did stay in Miami... very close to Little Havana for awhile in the early 80's.... ;) The weather here in Virginia is damn near as humid at times, and the outfit just as comfortable... :)

EDIT: Doran: Fantastic look on a shoestring.... :eusa_clap

Dr Doran

Atomic,

You look merveilleux and I HIGHLY approve of the columns and the running meander pattern of the post office!

Dr Doran

DSCF2253.jpg

Sunday outing.
Brown wing tips
cream-colored socks
brown DB with blue-green and cream alternating pin stripes
light green shirt
wild black and white splotchy tie my father gave me in 1995
complementary (BUT NOT MATCHING ...) black and white vintage pocket square
Knox beige fedora
collar pin (thrust-through, not clip-on)
One pocket flap in, one out ... didn't notice when my wife took the pic! Oh well.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Doran said:
DSCF2253.jpg

Sunday outing.
Brown wing tips
cream-colored socks
brown DB with blue-green and cream alternating pin stripes
light green shirt
wild black and white splotchy tie my father gave me in 1995
Knox beige fedora
collar pin (thrust-through, not clip-on)
One pocket flap in, one out ... didn't notice when my wife took the pic! Oh well.

Looking very sharp indeed, Doran!! :eusa_clap

Jerekson

One Too Many
Doran said:
[/QUOTE]

Gah, it doesn't matter. I match my pocket sqaure all the time, because I actually like the look. It's just a "rule" - doesn't necessarily mean anything if you "break" it :p

Dr Doran

Jerekson said:
Gah, it doesn't matter. I match my pocket sqaure all the time, because I actually like the look. It's just a "rule" - doesn't necessarily mean anything if you "break" it :p

Agreed, hence my silly capitals!

And, thanks, Barry.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Woke up to a thunderstorm and steady rain, not the best way to start the week. Cranked up the Moulin Rouge soundtrack on my ipod and tried not to sing out loud with "Come What May" on the bus.

I'm wearing a black knit skirt with white contrast stitching, black ankle strap heels with white contrast stitching and a v-neck white knit blouse with an empire waist and long sleeves that button at the cuff. Accessories include a gold 1930's heart shaped locket and a red umbrella.

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
WOW... the Gents are lookin' smooth (and in Doran's case, a little bohemian - a man after my own heart) and Ladies are Luverly... Congrats to all!

Yesterday: Sunday Go To Meetin'... Vintage (early 1920's or teens, maybe) Plack patent side-button shoes with dove grey "spats" built-in (anyone know the real name of these shoes? I think usually worn with a morning suit or somesuch), vintage lighter grey silk socks with black and white clocks, Dark blue pinstripe 3-button (not vintage, but passes)suit, black belt, White french cuff shirt, copper knot links with a blue bakelite (?) bar , White linen pocket square, light-blue and white vertical striped silk tie (looks like skinny seersucker), and the straw boater you see in the pic on the left, there. usual jewelry(rings, black rubber bracelets), pocket watch, etc. 10's/20's silver wire-rim glasses.

Today: Croquet and Lemonade Gin Fizzes...

Brown and White Spectators (with the alligator look), tan with low-key black design socks, cotton khaki plain fronts, skinny brown belt, white short sleeve cotton 50's loop collar shirt (with a neat white on white weave)shwoing my cool-as-christmas tiki and coconut chell necklaces, the blue 3-button suit jacket from yesterday (lazy - but added a Lousie Brooks pin to the lapel), linen square, wire -rim glasses again, my usual panama weave straw with the vents.

Does anyone else name some of their outfits, or am I alone in my Costanza-ishness? (God Help Me).:p

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Doran said:
Good idea. Maybe I'll start.

HA! I don't know if it's a good idea.. but it helps if I am running late (always) and need a uniform to fit the day/ my mood.

I almost went with "Havana Nights" (with a cream jacket) but then got lazy...

My wife usually cops the ensemble names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch