Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BJBAmerica said:
Great outfit, Alan....I especially like the shirt and cufflinks....Very Smart!!! Panama is nice too!!!

Thank you, kind sir.

That shirt with that suit is one I rely on too often. I need to branch out with both, but I know it works and I can switch out the tie. Sartorial laziness, I fear.

Dr Doran

Dread Scott said:
HA! I don't know if it's a good idea.. but it helps if I am running late (always) and need a uniform to fit the day/ my mood.

I almost went with "Havana Nights" (with a cream jacket) but then got lazy...

My wife usually cops the ensemble names.

My mind has instantly come up with names to which I shall shortly affix outfits.

1. The "Murgatroyd"
2. "Deacon Blues"/ "The Expanding Man"
3. "The Nationalist"
4. The "Zentropa"
5. The "Winston Smith"

Stay tuned for the sartorial expressions of these names ....

Jerekson

One Too Many
Doran said:
My mind has instantly come up with names to which I shall shortly affix outfits.

1. The "Murgatroyd"
3. "The Nationalist"
4. The "Zentropa"
5. The "Winston Smith"

Quite impressive :rolleyes:

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Doran said:

1. The "Murgatroyd"
3. "The Nationalist"
4. The "Zentropa"
5. The "Winston Smith"

lol

Brother, I can't wait for the "Murgatroyd" or "Deacon Blues"/"Ex. Man" ( I'm pretty sure a number of my own combinations would qualify as "Hey, 19").

Dr Doran

Dread Scott said:
lol

Brother, I can't wait for the "Murgatroyd" or "Deacon Blues"/"Ex. Man" ( I'm pretty sure a number of my own combinations would qualify as "Hey, 19").

Maybe I'll come up with a "Kid Charlemagne" while I'm at it ...

This 'un is quite odd. Lazing around putting together a job application. 1980s Paul Smith Gleurquhart check trousers, 1990s floral shirt and 1940s knit tie. The tie-coordinating house shoes are of indeterminate age but probably 1930s-1950s sometime.

Honestly, i'm convinced this combo is an abomination. A Windsor-esque sartorial abortion of epileptic proportions.

But then, only the kitty gets to see it.

FlowerShirt1.jpg

bk

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
This 'un is quite odd. Lazing around putting together a job application. 1980s Paul Smith Gleurquhart check trousers, 1990s floral shirt and 1940s knit tie. The tie-coordinating house shoes are of indeterminate age but probably 1930s-1950s sometime.

Honestly, i'm convinced this combo is an abomination. A Windsor-esque sartorial abortion of epileptic proportions.

FlowerShirt1.jpg

bk

"You look like you could be auditioning for a role in Inserts" said the cat.

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Baron - Who are you kidding? You look great, and only a little crazed.

Today - Three-Button Seersucker suit, oxblood and black saddle oxfords (I am looking for more suitable shoes), lavender socks, white french cuff cotton shirt, cufflink fashioned to look like fountain pens, white linen pocket hankerchief, blue and off-white and muted red 30's early 40's (the only certifiable vintage item today, I am afraid, outside of glasses) silk tie, wire rims again, straw with the vents again. Pocket watch and rings, etc, as ever

I *need* to get the camera fixed or replaced.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Dread Scott said:
Baron - Who are you kidding? You look great, and only a little crazed.

Today - Three-Button Seersucker suit, oxblood and black saddle oxfords (I am looking for more suitable shoes), lavender socks, white french cuff cotton shirt, cufflink fashioned to look like fountain pens, white linen pocket hankerchief, blue and off-white and muted red 30's early 40's (the only certifiable vintage item today, I am afraid, outside of glasses) silk tie, wire rims again, straw with the vents again. Pocket watch and rings, etc, as ever

I *need* to get the camera fixed or replaced.

Yes Sir, you do--if only so I can see those fountain pen cufflinks! I'm intrigued.

Dr Doran

If you instead wore a cream colored shirt, it would look fabulous. As is, it's a hideous combination which will only result in you getting hit on by the wrong people, or even just hit by the wrong people (nazi skins, gangsta thugs, etc.).

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
imoldfashioned said:
Yes Sir, you do--if only so I can see those fountain pen cufflinks! I'm intrigued.

Dang. Do you know how difficult it is to find someone who will work on digital cameras? No one, it seems, does this work, at least locally. Phooey.

Ah, well. I have professional reasons as well to get a working camera - instanter -so you'll likely see them soonish.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:

FlowerShirt1.jpg

bk

Yeah its gross but evocative of some 30s eccentric fop at Oxford or in one of the 'salons' :D .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui