Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
This 'un is quite odd. Lazing around putting together a job application. 1980s Paul Smith Gleurquhart check trousers, 1990s floral shirt and 1940s knit tie. The tie-coordinating house shoes are of indeterminate age but probably 1930s-1950s sometime.

Honestly, i'm convinced this combo is an abomination. A Windsor-esque sartorial abortion of epileptic proportions.

But then, only the kitty gets to see it.

FlowerShirt1.jpg

bk

Yes, congratulations--one of the most revolting things I've ever seen. It could only possibly be worse if you had some loud Windsor-esque plaid trousers on as well.

Technonut

Practically Family
Ready for the days festivities... (Which include a dental appointment :eusa_doh: :( ) Bill's Khakis... Vintage style silk shirt.. Scala Panama.. H.S. Trask bison oxfords..

IMG_2027.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I always look forward to seeing your outfits AlanC--love the watchband and the shoes especially.

I love your cat Baron--a dead ringer for my childhood pet Mittens.

I'm wearing one of my favorite outfits today, one that always puts a spring in my step;

A white 40's styled cotton sweater with a v neck that ties in the back, tomato red knee length trumpet skirt and black/red spectator heels with white contrast stitching. Rimless glasses and a vintage wide silver Danecraft bracelet.

I usually wear a black sweater with this outfit but somebody :whistling has to do laundry. I'll take a picture tonight.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Today I am mostly wearing...

... an original Levi's 1940s 'sawtooth' shirt. Original Levi's 1944 S501XX jeans and, thanks to Baron Kurtz, who has made an old man very happy... a repro Lev's 1944/5 S506XX blouse!!!

Original examples of the latter are virtually unobtainable now and even reproductions are becoming difficult to find.

Alan

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Dread Scott said:
Dang. Do you know how difficult it is to find someone who will work on digital cameras? No one, it seems, does this work, at least locally. Phooey.

Ah, well. I have professional reasons as well to get a working camera - instanter -so you'll likely see them soonish.

I hate it that nobody services digital cameras too -- I guess we're just supposed to throw them out and buy another dontcha know! :rolleyes: Phooey to planned obsolescence.

I'll look forward to soonish!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
I hate it that nobody services digital cameras too -- I guess we're just supposed to throw them out and buy another dontcha know! :rolleyes: Phooey to planned obsolescence.

I have a Fuji digital camera that's several years old that was recently sent into Fuji for repairs. It was still cheaper than buying a new one.

Today I'm boring - long dark grey microfiber skirt that looks like suede, with slits to the knee up both sides, black knit shirt with a deep scoop neck and elbow-length sleeves, black wedges. No jewelry.

I have been very lazy lately and not wearing vintage to work much. I blame it on my cat who has many early morning hijinx that leave me waking up exhausted, and late, with no time to get ready or make myself up.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Today I'm wearing a black sateen 3/4 sleeve shirt with darts at the waist and french cuffs on the sleeves. (This is a shirt I couldn't get into this a month ago, so yay!) A black knee length skirt with white pickstitching and black ankle strap heels with white pickstitching.

Silver Danecraft bracelet, rimless glasses and hair that is possessed by the spirit of Mary Tyler Moore on the Dick Van Dyke show--completely flipped up at the ends for no discernable reason. No makeup outside of a bit of mascara since it's hotter than Hades itself here today.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
cropped, cuffed jeans. black v-neck tshirt. Chucks. it's hot and it's also casual day.

I was conserving energy this morning. Saving my efforts for getting dolled up tonight!

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
full, red, at-knee length skirt, black sleeveless fitted button up blouse, black patent belt, ballet flats with ankle ties. very pale legs.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have met Cacklewack, and he is a handsome fellow, but I do not wish to see him in a skirt. So no photo from Cacklewack please showing his legs and skirt. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ