Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Casablanca.jpg

I went to see Casablanca at a local theater tonight so I thought I'd dress vintage.

Late 1930s/early 1940s dress, 1940s hat, Danecraft bracelet. 1960s purse (navy blue; a fashion faux pas but I needed a larger bag), modern John Fluevog shoes.

Cute!! And love the shoes, John Fluevog makes some funky shoes!

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
... exactly what?

To give a more complete answer to your question: the idea behind a "stealth stroller" as Alan called it, is that one can have the satisfaction of wear a semi-formal outfit for appropriate occasions, with nobody necessarily the wiser. Those who know what it is will appreciate it, and to those who don't, you won't look like you're aping the Monopoly man.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Casablanca.jpg

I went to see Casablanca at a local theater tonight so I thought I'd dress vintage.

Late 1930s/early 1940s dress, 1940s hat, Danecraft bracelet. 1960s purse (navy blue; a fashion faux pas but I needed a larger bag), modern John Fluevog shoes.
Great outfit! Were you at The Coolidge? I must have walked right by you. I passed the line on my way home from getting dinner. Wow, the turn out was huge. I hope you had fun.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Yep Hemingway, it was indeed the Coolidge--they showed the movie on the main screen. I got there early and it's a good thing, it was a mob scene. A great audience though--very participatory. I went to dinner before the film (at Zaftigs) with 2 friends who saw Death at a Funeral on one of the smaller screens at the Coolidge. When I met up with them afterwards I asked how they liked their movie. They said "We should have gone with you".

Today's "What are you wearing today?" picture made me say to myself "WHAT are you WEARING?!?". I ended up throwing out the top I had on this morning (weep not for it, it had a long and productive life). It's very instructive to look at photos of what one looks like day to day; I should look at the pictures before I go out though!

Orgetorix, an outfit fraught with danger. I don't have enough fingers to count what could go wrong with such an outfit. The tie, in my opinion could have been disastrous. Any pattern discernible from the distance from which the photo was taken (say a bold overcheck) would've sent you into sartorial Hell. I also want to see the tie. Macclesfield?

But you nailed it. There's no other way to describe that outfit. Excellent!

bk

Technonut

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Casablanca.jpg

You looked fantastic imoldfashioned! :) I would LOVE to see Casablanca on the big screen sometime... ;)

Today, I am enjoying a beautiful Portland day, wearing a vintage 1940's shirt and Italian straw Crearioni Sisol fedora...

IMG_2210.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Orgetorix said:
To give a more complete answer to your question: the idea behind a "stealth stroller" as Alan called it, is that one can have the satisfaction of wear a semi-formal outfit for appropriate occasions, with nobody necessarily the wiser. Those who know what it is will appreciate it, and to those who don't, you won't look like you're aping the Monopoly man.
Ah, quite clever.

As for Cary Grant with with the DB and button down collar... go him. Those two shouldn't go together according to some people, and he proves that's just hogwash.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
P1010534.jpg

Brooks Bros. blazer (in a size 16! which I've had since I was 14...I have to let it out in the chest a bit), Korean War era khakis, cream cable knit sweater vest, oxford shirt, PRL dot tie, dad's nicely broken in AE "Norfolk" in chili.

EDIT: And the hat is a summerweight unlined Knox from Cheap Jack's (actually cheap, too- cost me somewhere around $35)

Jerekson

One Too Many
:eek: Size 16?!? Please explain this. Are you really a size 16 or is this a different size system than I am used to? Sorry, I guess I'm a bit confused - you look alot bigger than a 16!

I really like what you did there with the sweatervest. Looks really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider