Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Orgetorix said:
Yesterday:

DSC00341.jpg

Great outfit--I think the checked shirt makes it.

Jovan

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Actually, I think it was a '60s NASA Poindexter thing, guys. Right along with pocket-protectors and Buddy Holly glasses...
I'll remember this for my next shoot... lol

Org: You might as well be from the UK, because you often exude a classic British look. Love it.

Technonut

Practically Family
This morning happened to be great jacket weather... :) I finally had a chance to wear the Real McCoy's Rough Wear A-2 that I purchased from a member of the Vintage Leather Jackets forum... ;)

IMG_2252.jpg

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
I totally need to buy a pocket protector then ;)

I think the short sleeve with tie is from the 60's, mainly NASA and IBM guys.
You learn to adopt the short sleeves when it's over 100 degrees

Brooksie

One Too Many
This picture was taken this morning in my living room, right after getting ready for work at my new job - this is my second week. Finally after a year and a half working at a place with a dress code of jeans and a pub T, now that I have a new job I can wear my vintage clothes and accessories that I have been collecting for years.:D The dress is a 1930's dress that I purchased from Goodwill a few months ago for $6.99... I could'nt believe my eyes when I found it because of all of the bead work with all of the little seed beads and not one bead was missing! The scarf around my head (has a light paisly print to it) was my Grandma's from the very early 70's and the shoes are some repro's that I found durring one of my shopping trips.

LB

IMG_2282.jpg

pablocham

One of the Regulars
While in theory I am not a fan of the short sleeve and tie thing, I think you pulled it off there. Very Theodore Shackley/Dulles Bros. There is the NASA thing as well, but when it is a knit tie it looks old school wasp.

Jovan

Suspended
Well thank you. But like I said, not something I do outside of photos. Honestly, the look reminds me too much of door to door religion-hawkers or supermarket managers.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
What am I wearing today?

With temperatures in the 90s and a house not built for it? As little as possible.

I'm not posting a photo.

Hope you don't mind.

(Thought you wouldn't.)

K

kpreed

As I am retired and at home most of the time. I get away with my everyday stuff, denim over-alls, a shirt and my (till after Monday) straw Fadora.
kpreed

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Today, it's a new pair of light pink high-waisted pedal pushers! I'm so excited to have finally found some that fit me perfectly! They are paired with a white scoop neck tshirt with puffy cap sleeves, a black cinch belt, white ankle socks and vintage saddle loafers, and finished off with a pink and black 50s flower necklace/bracelet/earring set and a black bandana.

It does seem to be drawing the attention of every guy I pass on the street lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That sounds like a super cute outfit Kitty--lucky to find the pedal pushers.

Brooksie, I love your outfit and your couch! Does the back cushion have ruching? I've never seen that before. Very nice.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Formal Friday

So, I'm still in college getting my secondary education degree. I only have one professor who wears a suit or jacket and tie to work (there's one who wears a jacket but no tie; it's better than nothing, I suppose), but long ago I decided when I became a teacher, I'd wear what a teacher should. After all, what would a history teacher be without his tweeds? I therefore instituted Formal Friday*. I figure if I can wear a jacket and tie as a student in today's sartorial climate, I can wear it anywhere. I've gotten much more comfortable wearing it (it doesn't take the kilt-wearer long to be comfortable looking different) and, as a result, I think I'm looking better in my dressier clothes.

Here's what I wore today. The tie is a rayon knit tie I got on ebay which the seller listed as 30s/40s vintage (but who knows; either way I dig it).
083107formalfriday1ll7.jpg
083107formalfriday2xw7.jpg

* Yes, I know it's not formalwear, but the name is catchy, alliterative, and it's certainly more formal than pj pants and flip-flops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko