Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
hats.jpg

I went out to dinner tonight and wore one of my 1940's novelty print dresses (a pattern of hat boxes, gloves and swirls on a navy ground), 1970's black ankle strap shoes with white stitching; (I need a pair of navy and/or brown heels), and rimless spectacles. I didn't do much in the way of hair or makeup (and it shows!).

Brooksie

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
That sounds like a super cute outfit Kitty--lucky to find the pedal pushers.

Brooksie, I love your outfit and your couch! Does the back cushion have ruching? I've never seen that before. Very nice.

Thanks IOF for the compliments, yes the couch does have ruching on the back cushion. (we needed one and picked it up last weekend, it is a 1920's couch that we found at a antique mall and it was only $99.00!)

LB

Brooksie

One Too Many
Here I am again after getting ready for another day of work...the skirt I have on was yet another incredible deal, I found this one and two others all for $1.00 at 24 hour yard sale!

IMG_2339.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
I did a semi fall cleaning of the living room and put my hair up a la Rosie, but tried for a little pomp in the front.

WorkingHard2.gif

It's hard out here for a [strike]pimp[/strike] washerwoman! :D

WorkingHard.gif

dashiell

One of the Regulars
What am *I* wearing today? Several things. Among them I count, many thanks to fishmeok ... my very first fedora!

firstfedora.jpg

I'm not very good at taking pictures, particularly of myself, but I'm very excited to have such a nice hat!

:D

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Brooksie said:
Thanks IOF for the compliments, yes the couch does have ruching on the back cushion. (we needed one and picked it up last weekend, it is a 1920's couch that we found at a antique mall and it was only $99.00!)

LB

:eek:fftopic: $99!! Oh, I'm SO green with envy! WOW, it's gorgeous!

Ok, and so are you. I assume you're letting your bob grow out?

I wore my Scarlett dress again today. My home town was celebrating 150 years, and this was as close as I had to 1857. That is my mom with me. Please ignore the wrinkles, that's what happens when you are all scrunched up in a hot car!
Nikki
1298079240_2cc1f8aec2_b.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
:whistling Ms. Ohairas, you don't by chance have a twin sister who's single, do you? ;)

LOL! No, but I do have a baby sister who's 22! She's a blonde and not married *yet*.
Nikki

Brooksie

One Too Many
ohairas said:
:eek:fftopic: $99!! Oh, I'm SO green with envy! WOW, it's gorgeous!

Ok, and so are you. I assume you're letting your bob grow out?

I wore my Scarlett dress again today. My home town was celebrating 150 years, and this was as close as I had to 1857. That is my mom with me. Please ignore the wrinkles, that's what happens when you are all scrunched up in a hot car!
Nikki
1298079240_2cc1f8aec2_b.jpg

Nikki - you and your mom look beautiful, what spectacular dresses and what a fun event.

Yes, I am letting my bob grow into a longer 30's style of bob but with a side swept bang instead of it traditionaly being all one length, I am finding it is very versitile this way and I am able to still curl my bangs under in a barrel roll if I want.

LB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ