Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I guess I was really wearing this today, but I was putting away the summer clothes and getting out my autumn stuff.

1-7.jpg
[/IMG]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
I don't know, there's a certain understated yet refined quality about you, as you are... (that may just be the opinion of an ardent believer in the KISS principle, though! lol)

Thank you kindly! I usually don't wear much makeup but I tend to feel a bit 'underdressed' without it when I'm wearing vintage, thus the dithering on my part.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
I wore my Scarlett dress again today. My home town was celebrating 150 years, and this was as close as I had to 1857. That is my mom with me. Please ignore the wrinkles, that's what happens when you are all scrunched up in a hot car!
Nikki
1298079240_2cc1f8aec2_b.jpg

You look so gorgeous Ohairas! I'm sure skirts looked just the same after alighting from a carriage, so think of it as being period correct!;)

MisterPaul

New in Town
ohairas said:
:eek:fftopic: $99!! Oh, I'm SO green with envy! WOW, it's gorgeous!

Ok, and so are you. I assume you're letting your bob grow out?

I wore my Scarlett dress again today. My home town was celebrating 150 years, and this was as close as I had to 1857. That is my mom with me. Please ignore the wrinkles, that's what happens when you are all scrunched up in a hot car!
Nikki
1298079240_2cc1f8aec2_b.jpg

I think I know that building. I think I've been there before.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore a vintage skirt (not sure how to date it, probably 50s) that I made out of a dress I bought that was too large (more about that here). As you can see, I paired it with a white tshirt, black sandals and cincher belt, and a vintage black plastic clamper bracelet I found recently for a whopping $4.

fanskirt-sept07.jpg

You can't tell from the photo, but that's FL on my computer screen in the background :)

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Formal Friday

Hello, hello. It's time for Formal Friday again!* Today, I decided to wear the new cap I got at the local thrift store. Interesting story . . . when I took it up to the counter, I looked at the price sign and saw that hats were $1.00 and caps were $0.50. The woman who rang it up did so as if it were a hat. I mentioned that the sign said caps were $0.50 and she asked the manager. The manager said these kind of hats were $1.00. Oh, well, I'm not going to quibble over $0.50 in a thrift store, but I really did think this qualified as a cap even in modern vernacular.

090707formalfriday1kz7.jpg

The cap
090707formalfriday2ek3.jpg

And the socks my wife recently bought me
090707formalfriday3ds1.jpg

*By the way, does this count as a newsletter, Miss Josephine?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I wore a light blue 40's blouse with lace trim and a black 40's suit skirt. I also wore modern heels that I get more comlpiments on than any other pair of shoes I own and a black bow in my hair.
IM000262b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko