Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Brooksie

One Too Many
Here I am sitting on my front porch this morning before work, I am wearing my 1950's ($10.00 dress - that I found at the Salvation army), vintage belt, and the shoes are soda brand reproduction shoes.

bvintage2007.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
ChazVanEyck said:
I realize the look is not completely period accurate, but I was feeling a little more casual this morning, all the while keeping true with adding my own spin.
Picture009_resize.jpg
Don't worry about being completely period correct. I think a few of us here worry too much about it. Besides, that's a great summer outfit!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Everyone looks so good! I especially like those crabs in lucite cufflinks Dinerman.

I attended a going away party today. Not the best photos of my dress (they didn't look that dark on the camera!) but they'll give an idea of my outfit.

dress3.jpg

Navy late 1940's rayon dress with pleating and buttons, modern cheap stopgap brown belt, modern 1940's style brown wedges, vintage Trifari gold bracelet with green and white rhinestones, tortiseshell eyeglasses.

dress2.jpg

The pleated panel on the side of the dress swings free from the skirt.

dress.jpg

This picture shows the actual color of the dress and the details. My self decapitation and (resemblance to the prow of a ship!) was unintentional! The belt was cinched tighter earlier in the evening too.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Dinerman you are one well dressed young man! :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned love the dress! I'm so glad you showed a close up of the dress because the details are really cool. Love that row of buttons!

I'm planning on spending my day in my pj's and fuzzy bathrobe. With a box of tissues, a good book and my cat! :)

Jovan

Suspended
21st birthday today at a Japanese restaurant. Going for a bit of a '60s vibe.
-Cotton navy sportcoat with four pleated pockets, narrow lapels, and twin vents, unlined
-Powder blue button down collar shirt
-Charcoal plaid trousers, flat front and cuffed
-Tieless!

May have pictures later. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
At an afternoon ice cream social. I really just wanted to be comfortable and fade into the background, so jeans and hatless.

unknown.jpg

Great casual look Scotrace (and you still look 10x nicer than most of the guys I see out and about). That vest looks like it has some nice details on it particularly.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Great casual look Scotrace (and you still look 10x nicer than most of the guys I see out and about). That vest looks like it has some nice details on it particularly.

So true! My boyfriend commented once that those of us who are into vintage (for the most part) always look better than everyone else, even if we're dressed casually.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The specs and plus 4s

I realize the look is not completely period accurate, but I was feeling a little more casual this morning, all the while keeping true with adding my own spin

Jovan said:
Don't worry about being completely period correct. I think a few of us here worry too much about it. Besides, that's a great summer outfit!

Nice American modern retro take on a basically English upper class 30s POW style.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Congrats! Did you get any comments?

ChazVanEyck

New in Town
cookie said:
I realize the look is not completely period accurate, but I was feeling a little more casual this morning, all the while keeping true with adding my own spin

Nice American modern retro take on a basically English upper class 30s POW style.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Congrats! Did you get any comments?

Thanks! But no, not on this particular day anyways.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Today it was - finally - cold enough to bring out the old IRVIN.
Mixed with the lightblue cottonshirt and the RAF cravat.
(What you cant see are the 1936 pattern flyingboots!)
L1010812.jpg

...damn - never learn the stuff about sizing the pics.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sharp Spitty, but what's with the Pilot Officer Prune expression? Didn't happen to prang the kite did you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ