Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jovan

Suspended
And I'm just telling... no snarkiness toward you intended. :)

I don't dress "vintage-y" that much -- not feasible for my job -- but when I do I love doing it. I actually feel more comfortable being "couped up" in a sport coat, tie, and trousers or suit than I do wearing jeans and whatnot when I'm going out to eat, etc.

Jovan said:

I don't dress like that much -- not feasible for my job -- but when I do I love it. I actually feel more comfortable being couped up in a sport coat, tie, and trousers or suit than I do wearing jeans and whatnot when I'm going out to eat, etc.

Well, thats probably because your clothing fits. It fits because it's tailored, at least somewhat, to your size. Jeans, collared shirts, etc. are all pre-made to fit the "every-man" and because of that, fit "no-man". Plus, coats, jackets, suits, etc. are designed and are evolved out of designs that were intended to make a man look his best -- jeans and t-shirts are sports wear and comfort, derived from mining clothes and underwear, respectively.

Jovan

Suspended
Respectfully, I only own about four pieces of actual tailored clothing -- three of them being a three-piece suit, the other one being a shirt. Been meaning to get more, but $7 an hour doesn't exactly leave a lot of extra spending money. :( Some other stuff has just been taken in by the seamstress.

onlyoneintown

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:

I don't dress "vintage-y" that much -- not feasible for my job -- but when I do I love doing it. I actually feel more comfortable being "couped up" in a sport coat, tie, and trousers or suit than I do wearing jeans and whatnot when I'm going out to eat, etc.

Yea same here I can see that mine could have some "snarkiness" in the way I typed it but I didn't intend it to be

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is from last week

But I didn't get a chance to post it:

1930's dress
1920's slip with frills on the bottom
1920's sweetheart pin

betty2a.JPG
betty2b.JPG

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Stunning dress Betty and I love the loose sculpted waves in your hair.

Side note:I forgot this was primarily for vintage or vintage-inspired looks,so ignore that last ensemble I posted.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I have a cold, so most of the day I have been strolling 'round in a large white rollneck sweater, navyblue flannel trousers and 1936 pattern flying boots. Indoors! Mighty cosy!;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Recently received this vintage DB jacket from an ebay seller. Sleeves are just a tad short but I'm not worried about it.

DSCF1257-1.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You REALLY want to know?

Red helmet with Jonnie Depp styled Italian racing bandana underneath! Helly Hansen navy blue long sleeved thermal shirt, navy latex cycling shorts, latex cycling socks with trainers, fingerless padded gloves with thin gloves underneath. Hi Visibility torso vest. Oakley wrapped sunglasses.

Not a vintage day I'm afraid. A very functional "I'm going to beast the body and put in the miles on the bike" sort of day ;)

Good news is, it's all done!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This is my new Ralph Lauren jacket with my new Indy Magnoli slacks. Due to grossly mismeasuring myself, the slacks had a way too large waste. I had them taken in about 2 inches, but they're not quite right yet. I'm wearing one of my gaudier late 40's ties and my new Disney hat. Feeling pretty spiffy.
DapperDan.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Orgetorix said:
Strollerific! Looks great, Alan.

Thanks. You'll appreciate that I was appointing elders yesterday. I was doing my best to add as much ceremony as I could get by with. The stroller was well received, and I got raves from one of the new elder's wives. It was my first time out with the stroller. I decided the buff linen sb was more restrained than the db dove grey. I even remembered to tuck my pocket flaps in before I went out the door!

Bernard Newman

New in Town
Today I'm visiting relatives in the country. They have horses, so I wear black riding boots, medium grey flannel trousers, light grey waistcoat, striped tie and a Glencheck sport coat. Top it with my Austrian army glasses and a brown hat. Very british.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko