Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lucky Strike said:
DSC01123.jpg

How funny! I just bought a man's hat that matches your coat. DH doesn't like it on me, so it might end up being a contest prize :rolleyes:

Johanna - you look lovely! So nice to see another woman join this thread.

VB

Indian Summer

It's 90, but my mind is on fall colors, at least!

Classic Blue Blazer, 2 button, by 319 Men.
Blue Oxford shirt, by Gieves & Hawkes (sleeves rolled, under jacket)
Silk Ascot, Navy with fall themed foulards, by Charleston Bows (as well as the pocket silk)
Dark Tan tropical weight worsted, by 319 Men, featuring cross-tunnel belt loops (fun detail).

(Not Pictured - brown suede loafers)

indiansummer.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
EvenOdd said:
I really dig that pocket square. The blue and the brown, and it's just peaking out to tease us.

Heh...thanks, I'm an enthusiast for them, I suppose. You could try deciphering it - I've never been able to make out the "writing" on it.

DSC01580.jpg

lonestarcasie

New in Town
No picture (sadly my camera is either dead or playing possum), but...

Stop Staring, high-waist skinny jeans
Red t-shirt
black beaded cardigan
black ballet flats

and of course... a smile:p

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore this:
n110800350_30247537_2202.jpg

With a peach OR-style Portis and a brown houndstooth overcoat. It's getting darn cold up here, especially with that wind.

Jovan

Suspended
lonestarcasie said:
No picture (sadly my camera is either dead or playing possum), but...

Stop Staring, high-waist skinny jeans
Red t-shirt
black beaded cardigan
black ballet flats

and of course... a smile:p
I bet you walked through the streets confident that you wouldn't show symptoms of Plumber's Crack Syndrome or Muffin Top Madness. :) Mid- to natural rise jeans look so much better on women.

EvenOdd

New in Town
thunderw21 said:
Today I wore this:
n110800350_30247537_2202.jpg

With a peach OR-style Portis and a brown houndstooth overcoat. It's getting darn cold up here, especially with that wind.

(I'm no expert on what is vintage or not, so excuse if I ever confuse something)

I like how the suit fits you, and the other fine clothes I've seen in this thread. Take these same vintage pieces, make them sloppy and throw them on someone, they'll just look old and out of date. With a nice cut suit and ensemble like this, it just looks so fresh and classy. I commend you all on your efforts.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
EvenOdd said:
(I'm no expert on what is vintage or not, so excuse if I ever confuse something)

I like how the suit fits you, and the other fine clothes I've seen in this thread. Take these same vintage pieces, make them sloppy and throw them on someone, they'll just look old and out of date. With a nice cut suit and ensemble like this, it just looks so fresh and classy. I commend you all on your efforts.

Tip o' the hat to you, Evenodd. You're correct in your observations. For something to look slick it must be cut right and worn well.

The jacket shown is one of my favorites. It's a modern 'Holbrook' that fits me like a glove and is ventless. Very vintage in style (except for the low armholes) and has a beautiful plaid pattern to it.
plaidpattern.jpg

I recently took another modern suit jacket in to be altered (nipped at the waist for more shape), hopefully it will turn out like this one.

edit: added picture

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
DSC01123.jpg

I love the texture in this outfit, as well as the color/pattern combinations. Very sharp.

Thanks! It's my aging academic disguise...oh, wait...:eusa_doh:

Yesterday, busy day at work, giving talk to a club in the evening, thereafter whiskies and sodas eternally, no time to change:

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Fantastic, Orgetorix. I love that suit and the new shoes go perfectly with it. I need some db suits.

Whence the tie?

By the way, I see you are now posting headless shots while I'm not. :D

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. I got some new buttons (6 of 'em) for the front of the suit; I just need to take the time to sew them on. Does anyone know how to attach inside and outside buttons that are in the same location? Do you sew them on at the same time, with the same piece of thread?

The tie is Brooks Brothers by way of Filene's Basement. About 85% off original retail. :)

As the quality of my wardrobe slowly increases and the attractiveness of my face slowly decreases, I expect I will be posting more and more headless shots. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ