Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
scarfoutfit.jpg

Corona Smith

New in Town
Lucky Strike said:
Thanks! It's my aging academic disguise...oh, wait...:eusa_doh:

Yesterday, busy day at work, giving talk to a club in the evening, thereafter whiskies and sodas eternally, no time to change:

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

Lucky Strike...I could shave with that watch yer wearin' it's so sharp. If I may, where did you score that gem?

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
GwenLake said:

I have to ask: Is that a sort of continuous headband/scarf arrangement? If so, very cool. (If not, pretty cool too.)

Corona Smith said:
Lucky Strike...I could shave with that watch yer wearin' it's so sharp. If I may, where did you score that gem?

This?

Emayer.jpg

A flea-market find - this is a completely unknown brand (the dial says "Emayer", not "E. Mayer"), as far as I know, probably with some sort of cheap ETA-type movement in it. I really like it, though, particularly the dial. Paid something like $7, and then had it fixed for another $50 or so.

Here's yesterday's effort (not very vintage, I know):

DSC01189.jpg
DSC01180.jpg

DSC01185.jpg
DSC01178.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:

This sweater is downright amazing, Dinerman!

Today I'm wearing vintage olive green men's 50s flat front slacks, a black sweater, black ballet flats and a vintage black plastic clamper bracelet.

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Lucky Strike said:
I have to ask: Is that a sort of continuous headband/scarf arrangement? If so, very cool. (If not, pretty cool too.)
Yep. My ears got really cold on when I was walking home in the evening a few days ago, so yesterday wore my scarf like that. Kept my ears nice and toasty all the way home.:)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I'm wearing:
1930's hat
1930's rhinestone hair combs
1930's rhinestone earrings and necklace
1930's style silk blouse (modern)
1940's raw silk black hourglass suit
1940's style suede pumps (modern)
1930's beaded gloves
1930's bobby pins

Picture coming

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good advice...

But I am well turned out in an old 1950's paint splattered boiler suit right now, as the tasks I speak of are around the house.

Anyway, we Irish aren't as 'hardy' as our Scandanavian cousins when it comes to rolling in the snow without the aid of an Irvin Suit and beating each other with birch sticks!! So I'm well clad, just to reassure you!! Don't want to frighten the neighbours!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Not feeling very well so I have a vintage Japanese wool mint green cardigan with embroidered flowers in cream with rhinestone centers. Makes me happy to look at :)

It finally started to turn cool, so I got to put on my most favorite coat that I own. It's warm, soft, and just feels good - best of all, its vintage!

100% Yak Hair Sportcoat, Brown & Tan - Vintage
Cotton shirting, color 'butter' - Turnbull & Asser
Woven silk tie, shades of tan & Cream pocket silk - Charleston Bows
British khaki trousers, box pleat w/ cross tunnel belt looping - 319 Men
Tan & Brown check cotton & silk socks - Pantherella
Brown suede loafers - Gucci (I know, I know, but they feel like slippers!)

1012a.jpg

1012b.jpg

1012c.jpg

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Not feeling very well so I have a vintage Japanese wool mint green cardigan with embroidered flowers in cream with rhinestone centers. Makes me happy to look at :)
Miss Clara, I hope you feel better soon. Your cardigan sounds lovely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ