Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lovely as ever Abigail.

You do 'realise' don't you that you have set a precedent now dear lady and we want to see all the other days of the week now ;) So start clicking!!;)

Thanks once again, as ever.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

That sweater is made from a Mary Maxim Knitting pattern. I have a Mary Maxim knitting pattern catalog from the late 50s/early 60s and this exact sweater pattern is in the catalog. They have a pattern for another curling sweater in the catalog as well. I need to scan some pages from the catalog to share, the Mary Maxim sweaters had such great graphics!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Mr. Rover said:
Beautiful shoes- I've been searching for a deep chocolate brown like that.

Thanks - they're Loake Twynings, in chestnut. I got them as very cheap seconds from http://www.pediwear.co.uk/

And thanks, all - for kind comments!

Today, I again satisfied my growing neeeeeed for tweeeeeed:

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

Wallis & Co suit, three-piece, SB3B, double vents, one-pleat trou, no cuffs
Harvie & Hudson shirt
Michelson's Viyella tie
TM Lewin pocket square
Longines, steel, fifties
Wolsey long wool socks, red toes and tops
Loake Twynings half-brogues, in need of a shine

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
DSC01263.jpg

You're always so well turned out! I'm in love with that tweed pattern--the blue running through it is wonderful, and the polka dot pocket square is swellsville.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Lucky Strike said:
Thanks - they're Loake Twynings, in chestnut. I got them as very cheap seconds from http://www.pediwear.co.uk/

And thanks, all - for kind comments!

Today, I again satisfied my growing neeeeeed for tweeeeeed:

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

Wallis & Co suit, three-piece, SB3B, double vents, one-pleat trou, no cuffs
Harvie & Hudson shirt
Michelson's Viyella tie
TM Lewin pocket square
Longines, steel, fifties
Wolsey long wool socks, red toes and tops
Loake Twynings half-brogues, in need of a shine

Just love that suit
Stunning
Well done!!!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent, and a bold move with the bowtie. Where is it from?

Too bad the pattern on the trousers doesn't come through on my screen.

Was there an occasion other than 'Stroller Thursday'?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I seem to be wearing my standard work outfit, I need some ideas on how to spruce it up so it's not a version of the same thing every day.

Puff-sleeved 40's-inspired blouse - red and black pinstriped
Black-wide legged 40s-inspired slacks
red and black vintage bakelite ring
Giant catch-all leather purse that I can tote my camera and other work related stuff around in
Wing-tipped flat black Mary Janes as I'm on my feet a lot and can't wear heels at work

Like I said, I find myself wearing some variation of the same outfit every day (wide-legged slacks or A-line skirt and vintage looking blouse w/mary janes or ballet flats) and I'm feeling uninspired. I need some ideas on how to spruce up/change my outfits and still have them be work appropriate and vintage friendly. Well, at least the weather is turning colder here and I'll be able to turn to my old friends the cardigan and tweed clothing.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope Lucky Strike appreciates my sense of humor!

betty_101807a.JPG

betty_101707b.JPG

betty_101707c.JPG

betty_101707d.JPG
betty_101707e.JPG

Jacket - 1940's wool and synthetic jacket, no labels, lining completly intact. Got it last summer, on one of the hottest days of the year in a flea market. No padded shoulders, that's all me!
Sweater - Petite Sophisticate
Pants - Ciba by Carole Anderson
Belt - Nine West from Burlington Coat Factory
Shoes - Reproduction 1920's shoes by Jeffrey Campbell. Some of the softest shoes I have ever worn.
Watch - Cheap Hello Kitty $5 knock off from Hong Kong
Bracelet - 1950's beaded spring bracelet that almost became a prize in the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat contest (and still may)
Wedding Rings: 1930's engraved set.

Brooksie

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I seem to be wearing my standard work outfit, I need some ideas on how to spruce it up so it's not a version of the same thing every day.

Puff-sleeved 40's-inspired blouse - red and black pinstriped
Black-wide legged 40s-inspired slacks
red and black vintage bakelite ring
Giant catch-all leather purse that I can tote my camera and other work related stuff around in
Wing-tipped flat black Mary Janes as I'm on my feet a lot and can't wear heels at work

Like I said, I find myself wearing some variation of the same outfit every day (wide-legged slacks or A-line skirt and vintage looking blouse w/mary janes or ballet flats) and I'm feeling uninspired. I need some ideas on how to spruce up/change my outfits and still have them be work appropriate and vintage friendly. Well, at least the weather is turning colder here and I'll be able to turn to my old friends the cardigan and tweed clothing.

Add a broach to a cardi or another idea would be to add a neck scarf to one of your outfits. Just a couple of very small ideas but it is the little touches that make outfits unique.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff