Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
The white rollneck sweater under the RAF BD blouse and the good ol' IRVIN sheepskin on top. (Finally it got cold enough:) )
A pair of greyblue wintercotton trousers (matches the RAF blue nicely)
Black leather shoes (...still looking for bigger pilotboots.)

And driving open Landrover, that is.

Christopher

New in Town
Sorry your sick, hope you get better soon!

Me too but foolishly at work.

Today I am wearing olive green cotton pants, 1950's retro Van tennis shoes, a white with olive green palm trees Hawaiian shirt, and my light grey Fedora. Jacket is my leather trench even though I think it’s in the 70s out today.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Here's my typical daily wear, in a photo with my brand new sign for my Curation Center. Today it is my J.Crew Ruggeds, Orvis pants, Cabela's bush shirt, Orvis bush jacket, and Akubra Flinders, with an RCMP hat band.

JohnSign.jpg

Our grand opening is 17 January, so I am trying to decide what I will be wearing. We will be going out into the field immediately afterwards for a tour of our National Register rock art site, Foxtrot, so I have to be both presentable at the event and then ready to speand a few hours in the desert with equal aplomb.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Mojave Jack said:
Here's my typical daily wear, in a photo with my brand new sign for my Curation Center.
Our grand opening is 17 January, so I am trying to decide what I will be wearing. We will be going out into the field immediately afterwards for a tour of our National Register rock art site, Foxtrot, so I have to be both presentable at the event and then ready to speand a few hours in the desert with equal aplomb.

Can you tell me more about this site? Will it be open to the public? Details, please! We're very interested in this sort of thing...and we live in L.A.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Flying Scotsman said:
Can you tell me more about this site? Will it be open to the public? Details, please! We're very interested in this sort of thing...and we live in L.A.
It will be open to the public, yes! Thanks for the interest!

It will be very small, I'm afraid. The primary function is just curation, so the bulk of the building is a huge room filled with wire shelves and brown cardboard boxes. The next smaller room is unprocessed collections and archival materials (photos, reports, field records, etc.), also all in brown cardboard boxes, but includes a small display of the fossil jaw of a Harlan's Ground Sloth (1.8 mya). The central hallway has some display space, which will include the fossil foot and plastron of our extinct giant tortoise, Hesperotestudo, Native American artifacts, and a video kiosk on the history of Condor Field, the Army Air Forces glider training facility that preceded the Marine base. However, if you are in the area visiting Joshua Tree National Park, which has its headquarters right here in 29 Palms, it might be worth stopping by!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Late 1960's grey wool swedish army pants (because they're heavy wool and keep me nice and toasty)
Vintage Swedish pea coat
Custom made gray fedora by Wasika's of Cudahy, Wis.
grey shirt
1940's tie

kools

Practically Family
Custom made gray fedora by Wasika's of Cudahy, Wis.
Cudahy is one of those small towns that you can enter and get the sense that it hasn't changed at all since the golden era. I am, however, unfamiliar with Wasika's.

Today:
Early 1940s? double-breasted suit. Heavy, stiff wool. Dark navy blue with a subtle burgundy checked pattern. Nice crease in the sleeves. It's quite a nice suit, but one I have not worn often. When I found it, one of the pant cuffs were frayed a bit...my tailor fixed it up nicely.

Creme colored dress shirt. Vintage tie...1940s. Very conservative compared to most of my 1940s ties. The tie has cremes, navy blues & burgundys. Pocket square...burgundy with navy blue trim.

Allen Edmonds Park Avenue shoes in Merlot.

1940s wool overcoat. Camel color. Double breasted with half-belt on back. VERY heavy & very warm.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
White oxford button-down collar shirt, 1920's red/yellow/blue tiny striped tie, navy blue Nautica slacks, tan herringbone cotton belt-back double RL belt back jacket, white cotton hanky in a president fold, dark green wool scarf, and a brown flecked newsie cap.

Rosie

One Too Many
forgot about this thread

today was black wide legged trousers, wine colored wedgies which I rediscovered not long ago, a multi colored blouse, and my hair was in a full roll updo, wine colored flower in my hair

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Casual wear day, and unusually warm winter weather here in Chicago;
so I opted for khaki slacks, a fraternity sweatshirt over a white shirt,
and a black field jacket.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Quite modern today....A very dark olive green dress suit with a long skirt. The skirt had a cream pin stripe and a long back slit, cream colored sling backs to pull out the pinstripe. And today my hair is ironed stick straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112