Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Brooksie

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
I hope Lucky Strike appreciates my sense of humor!

betty_101807a.JPG

betty_101707b.JPG

betty_101707c.JPG

betty_101707d.JPG
betty_101707e.JPG

Jacket - 1940's wool and synthetic jacket, no labels, lining completly intact. Got it last summer, on one of the hottest days of the year in a flea market. No padded shoulders, that's all me!
Sweater - Petite Sophisticate
Pants - Ciba by Carole Anderson
Belt - Nine West from Burlington Coat Factory
Shoes - Reproduction 1920's shoes by Jeffrey Campbell. Some of the softest shoes I have ever worn.
Watch - Cheap Hello Kitty $5 knock off from Hong Kong
Bracelet - Cheap 1950's beaded spring bracelet that almost became a prize in the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat contest (and still may)
Wedding Rings: 1930's engraved set.

I love it all, the whole enchilada!:eusa_clap But the shoes are to dye for! Thank you for sharing it is nice to finally see you. (I know we always had your avitar but it is good to really see you - know what I mean?):)

Brooksie

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Brooksie said:
Add a broach to a cardi or another idea would be to add a neck scarf to one of your outfits. Just a couple of very small ideas but it is the little touches that make outfits unique.

Brooksie

You just reminded me! I've totally forgotten that I have a vintage leopard print scarf that I've worn with a kelly green vintage cardi - except I wear the scarf ascot-style under my cardi with a pearl stickpin to hold it in place. the devil is in the details! ;)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brooksie said:
I love it all, the whole enchilada!:eusa_clap But the shoes are to dye for! Thank you for sharing it is nice to finally see you. (I know we always had your avitar but it is good to really see you - know what I mean?):)

Brooksie

Thanks so much! The shoes are brand-spanking new, picked up during my visit to New York City while waiting for the Lounge gentlemen.

Are you kidding me about the photo thing?!? I've posted so often recently, I feel like I am a poster child for the Lounge. :eusa_doh:

VB

ShortClara

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
You just reminded me! I've totally forgotten that I have a vintage leopard print scarf that I've worn with a kelly green vintage cardi - except I wear the scarf ascot-style under my cardi with a pearl stickpin to hold it in place. the devil is in the details! ;)

Dresses!! Dresses and tights are just the thing for the cooler weather (that's what I've got on today - a grey dress (repro) with houndstooth grey and black tights and bright red platform shoes :)

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
Excellent, and a bold move with the bowtie. Where is it from?

Too bad the pattern on the trousers doesn't come through on my screen.

Was there an occasion other than 'Stroller Thursday'?

The bow is Polo RL. A couple of other Polo bows I have seem to be oddly proportioned and appear too small for my face, but I think this one is marginally OK.

The pattern...my camera frustrates me. I can't seem to get details to come out clearly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if the camera just isn't up to the task. It's an older one.

No occasion for the stroller, other than my being inspired by this AA illustration:

diagonalbluecopysw5.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
These were taken yesterday.

'30s steefel brothers hat
new brooks brothers suit
early '50s shiny acetate tie by "pilgrim"
vintage "Doctor of Veterinary Medicine" tie clip
n888160642_1487571_9516-1.jpg

This second one's not really a picture of me, but I'm in it, and it shows a different angle.
n888160642_1487569_8491.jpg

Today I'm wearing my 1931 dated tux pants, some black Justin cowboy boots, a white shirt, a '40s black tie with a tumbling blocks pattern, and a dark gray prince of wales check cotton fall jacket

Jerekson

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
More or less this outfit - except the cap!
Was at an outdoor photoshoot most of the day - darn cold too.
L1010147.jpg

And hence forth passes another awesome Spitfire picture.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Thanks so much! The shoes are brand-spanking new, picked up during my visit to New York City while waiting for the Lounge gentlemen.

Are you kidding me about the photo thing?!? I've posted so often recently, I feel like I am a poster child for the Lounge. :eusa_doh:

VB

Yes, I have noticed you have been posting a lot of pics recently but before that we never got to see you.

Brooksie

Vintage Betty said:
I'm sure the guys are SICK of seeing me! lol
Sick? Naw--a little jealous of your lucky guy, maybe, but... :D

:eek:fftopic: For some reason, you've been inflicting a real mind-mangler with your sig: I'm doing research on WWII carrier air-groups right now, and every time I see a squadron identified as VB-whatever, you pop into mind for some reason.:eek:

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamondback said:
Sick? Naw--a little jealous of your lucky guy, maybe, but... :D

:eek:fftopic: For some reason, you've been inflicting a real mind-mangler with your sig: I'm doing research on WWII carrier air-groups right now, and every time I see a squadron identified as VB-whatever, you pop into mind for some reason.:eek:

HAHA - my husband doesn't like vintage clothing - just tolerates it because I like it.

Poor you! If you pay me a quarter, I'll change my sig. :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
blackdress-1.jpg
pocketdetail.jpg

Yes, it's time for another entry in "ImOldFashioned's black dresses with lovely details that don't photograph!"

Went out to various venues (including a bookstore, seen here) with some friends tonight and wore a late 50's/early 60's wiggle dress with a black velvet bow and black velvet applique around the pockets. Modern belt (gotta love Target!), 1970's does 1940's shoes, vintage Trifari bracelet, modern red Alice Band and Coco Mademoiselle. I added a detail shot of the pocket for any gals who might be interested.

Whenever I wear this dress I have a sudden urge to take dictation. It feels very Mad Men to me.

Jovan

Suspended
Just came back from meeting panamag8or in person for a drink at The Dugout here in town. Picture taken by our lovely bartender.

meeting3.jpg

And of course the usual mirror glamour shots. :p

meeting1.jpg

meeting2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ