Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

lyburnum

Practically Family
img7623df6.jpg
img7624ow2.jpg

This is what I wore today

img7627bu3.jpg

However I needed to go to the garden center so when I got home I changed into something more casual.

vonwotan

Practically Family
We're just on our way out the door. I am wearing talicoat, white waiscoat and traditional (19th cent. repro) stippled formal shirt with high detachable collar and starched cravat tied in the brummel manner (or a reasonable facsimile). We are on our way to a period party celebrating the Savoy Opera with pieces to be performed from various Gilbert & Sullivan productions... No time for photos but, the club manager will likely shooting a few for our newsletter...

Oops - kicking myself, I nearly forgot the silk (yes, real french silk) top hat and white boxcloth braces to complete the outfit. All vintage finds over the last couple years that we have been holding these period events.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
panamag8or said:
I'm glad the forum is back... I guess my constipated-looking mug broke it.lol

Me too--it was panicsville this afternoon! (Not your fault either panamag8or! It's the darn Internets)

Took a personal day today, so I went to Rockville & Kiawah, not far out of Charleston, to enjoy the beautiful weather and have a nice casual day.

White cotton classic oxford by Gitman Bros.
Lt. blue raw silk tie by Charleston Bows
Lt. blue knit by Tulliano
Tan & White stripe trousers, box pleat & cross tunnel loops, by 319 Men
Lt. blue OTC socks by Pantherella
Choc. brown & cream spectators, Vintage (very, very vintage, lol )

1018a.jpg

1018b.jpg

1018c.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
panamag8or said:
I'm glad the forum is back... I guess my constipated-looking mug broke it.lol
lol

Josephine: Goatee? Am I missing a joke here?

Thanks for the compliments on my jacket. Funny enough, I got the most compliments on my silk knit tie that night from three ladies, all of them at the restaurant we ate at afterwards.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Barbisio Perugia hat
LL bean cotton herringbone shirt
VanHeusen argyle sweatervest
Old navy black pants
black cowboy boots

Citroen

IMG_0207.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's what I was wearing today:

betty_102007b.JPG
betty_102007f.JPG
betty_102007g.JPG

betty_102007c.JPG
betty_102007d.JPG

1950's atomic cowboy suit. It has very cool whipstiching on the collar and embroidered buttons in a starburst pattern. Note the inverted piping on the skirt.
Modern shirt
Modern Heels - Worthington. Purchased at JC Penny for half off. YAY!
1930's overcoat with Persian Lamb vest and silver belt buckle. Original lining.

It was probably cold enough to wear the overcoat for only 5 minutes, but I declared it cold enough to wear my new overcoat anyway. lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
betty_102007d.JPG

You look amazing as ever VB but those shoes! I've gotten some really nice vintagey stuff from JC Penney and Sears but I'm always surprised when I do.

Guess which site I'm flying over to look at after I post this?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
betty_102007d.JPG

You look amazing as ever VB but those shoes! I've gotten some really nice vintagey stuff from JC Penney and Sears but I'm always surprised when I do.

Guess which site I'm flying over to look at after I post this?

Thanks so much! Alas, the shoes were picked up last Fall, during a shopping trip with my family. My father "persuaded" me to go into the shoe department (can you say big mistake) and I found these, the last lonely pair in my size at half off. Trust me, he sincerely regretted taking me to that department by the time I was done. And I had two women almost attacking me for those shoes. But since I had family around, they huddled around me, and protected me and my holy grail of JC Pennys shoes. A long day (it was sale day) but I beat my worth adversaries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko