Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Not dressed up this sunday
cimg0255by2.jpg

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Friday I had my Halloween party and wore a completey see through dress...I DID NOT MEAN TO! Here I am all month saying I hate those sleazy costumes and that's not what I want to do for Halloween, and I wear a see through dress....

After camera lights started flashing my sister pointed it out to me that you could see my underwear. :eek: I wore a black flapperish looking dress that I threw together last minute. I wish I had some sort of head peice, my "S" shaped curling iron broke the night of the party and that's what I was going to use for my "fingerwaves"...I had a headband with feathers on it so just wore that instead. It could have been a lot better if I had more time :( I wish I had a non see through photo I could post.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
Alan, I love the golf collar. Very '20s, even if it's an attached one.

PADDY said:
It looks great, has a fine vintage flavour which you wear well

Thank you gentlemen. It's a Brooks Brothers, and I just bought another one in blue. If you search around on ebay for Brooks Brothers white collar right now you might find some at a very good price...:whistling (NFI, btw)

Jovan

Suspended
Ah, so I called it its correct name then. ;) Brooks Brothers calls a button down a "polo" collar. I wonder if club collars actually have their origins in golf at all, similarly. Thanks for the tip! Those are very vintage looking.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
ValerieAmelia said:
Friday I had my Halloween party and wore a completey see through dress...I DID NOT MEAN TO! Here I am all month saying I hate those sleazy costumes and that's not what I want to do for Halloween, and I wear a see through dress....

After camera lights started flashing my sister pointed it out to me that you could see my underwear. :eek: I wore a black flapperish looking dress that I threw together last minute. I wish I had some sort of head peice, my "S" shaped curling iron broke the night of the party and that's what I was going to use for my "fingerwaves"...I had a headband with feathers on it so just wore that instead. It could have been a lot better if I had more time :( I wish I had a non see through photo I could post.

Oh that's fine, just post what you have.:D

Well, Miss Valerie, you could just throw a tank-top under it and restage the photo, which would hide your areas of concern...

Or you could just PM the photo to individual members upon request...;) :D BTW, sorry, but I can't see you looking "sleazy"--then again, to me that's as much a person's attitude and how they carry themselves as attire, if not more so.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:

It's really not what you guys are thinking! I just didn't think it was appropriate
for this site, I know there are a few pictures out there that aren't that bad.

Diamondback said:
then again, to me that's as much a person's attitude and how they carry themselves as attire, if not more so.

I really agree with that!

Corona Smith

New in Town
Dinerman, as a fellow sideburn devotee, I believe that if you were to lightly "grease" a thin comb and run them through your sideburns, you could make them really pop! Merely a suggestion.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Blue pinstripe jacket dated 1943
Mallory fleetlite
'40s polkadot/ swoop tie
silk pocket square
gray herringbone pants
black vintage captoes
IMG_3583.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads