Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

StanleyVanBuren

AlanC said:
p1060270xv4.jpg

This is ridiculous.

I just bought a new pair of Allen Edmonds on Sunday and they do not look as good as your shoes do in this photo.

Nicely done.

Edward

Bartender
gluegungeisha said:
Decidedly unvintage. :)

1896018125_9c3906a67f.jpg

I don't know, I think it nods to a vintage sensibility, even if not immediately obviously so.

Today is what has become very standard work-wear for me:

- sports jacket (today a black and white Donegal Tweed, two button), red stiff cotton (alomst looks like linen at first glance)
- white shirt, worn with cufflinks
- red silk cravat, white polka dots (an OFAS find a few months ago, I think it has a 40s Noel Coward look to it, though it was actually 1960s deadstock)
- black waistcoat
- black 501s (one of a number of stand-ins until I get myself into a financial position where I can afford to purchase some more 30s / 40s period trews)
- black leather lace ups.

Topped off with a Millerhats.com Biltmore Fedora, and a long wool overcoat in a charcoal grey colour - brandname Stratmann ("reliable outdoor coats"), appears to be German in origin.

Nothing - bar the cravat - is vintage, though the overall ensemble nods towards vintage style. I look on it as what someone from 1940 might have picked out to wear when looking for an outfit to suit his time & tastes while limited to what's available today. ;)

Mr. Rover said:

It's a little freaky, but I just dressed a gentleman in a combination not too unlike you Mr. Rover!

My favorite parts (in order) are 1- the 'Coldstream Guards' rep bowtie, 2- the patch pocket sport coat, 3- the pocket square.

As always, well done!

Edward

Bartender
Yes indeed!

I've never attempted the bow tie look (outside of costume or black/white tie, that is); I don't think it's me but it's worn well above. I am particularly pleased to see that it is indeed a proper bow tie, and not one of those ghastly pre-tied creations. Maybe I'm just being an elitist, but it does sadden me that there are so, so many people out there who don't even realise that a pre-tied bow tie is not just how a bow tie is. Even worse are pre-tied cravats! How many more years before the regular four in hand tie becomes virtually extinct also in favour of a clip on arrangement? Eep. :eek:

Edward said:
I am particularly pleased to see that it is indeed a proper bow tie, and not one of those ghastly pre-tied creations. Maybe I'm just being an elitist, but it does sadden me that there are so, so many people out there who don't even realise that a pre-tied bow tie is not just how a bow tie is.

They just don't look the same. The closest thing I offer is what I call "pre-tied self tie", but thats the extent of it. Because my bows have a button enclosure (as opposed to a metal slide or hook), I just tie the bow, put a small stitch in the back, and the client can button on and off. Only upon special request, and it still has the requisite imperfection and organic flair of a 'real' bow.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
CharlestonBows said:
It's a little freaky, but I just dressed a gentleman in a combination not too unlike you Mr. Rover!

My favorite parts (in order) are 1- the 'Coldstream Guards' rep bowtie, 2- the patch pocket sport coat, 3- the pocket square.

As always, well done!

Thank you! I've been in a bowtie kind of mood lately- just wore a dark green wool/silk diamond (?) bowtie today....

P1010851.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
No pics? Well, none here either. -_-

Light grey cotton-cashmere cardigan, light blue Oxford button down shirt, dark blue selvage jeans in a straight fit, navy canvas web belt, brown with aqua and blue diamond/argyle socks, Vans Old Skool sneakers. Going to a public blues concert downtown. :)

Here's from the past two days.

Day one, 11-8-07, a day mostly of law school (arguing a case in my white collar crime seminar), and a little bit of haberdashery later in the day:

Grey (Black & White) Glenurquhart Plaid with Purple Overcheck, high stance 2 button, side vent by 319 Men.

Dark gray odd vest, 4 button, Vintage.

Lt. Blue shirt, by Jack Lipson Shirtmakers (319 Men)

Purple Paisley Tie by 319 Men

White cotton pocket square.

What you can't see is my antique pocket watch, tucked in right vest pocket with chain slung to third vest button.

11-8a.jpg

11-8b.jpg

Leaning forward to take the picture somewhat discreetly, hence the back of the jacket.

And day two, casual Friday:

Tan & Crimson neated check sport coat, one button ventless by 319

Plain white cotton shirt, fly-front button placket.

Green, Crimson & Orange Bowtie, by CharlestonBows.Com

Tan tropical wool trouser, box pleated, full drape, with 2 inch cuffs.

Silk & wool pocket square, Ancient Madder, by Polo.

Dark brown shoe, strange combo of lace-up and monk-strap, Stefano Branchini (I have a thing with shoes [huh] )

11-9a.jpg

11-9b.jpg

11-9d.jpg

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
First WAYWT? post.

Pardon the picture quality I am just getting used to taking pics of myself.

Tweed newsie, vintage wool vest, brown and white dotted square end knit tie, herringbone slacks, and vintage wingtips.

1pic.jpg

2pic.jpg

3pic.jpg

Clearly I need to clean the mirror.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Wore my old A2 for Veterans Day over a polo shirt, light PBK sweater
and khakis to an impromptu 8.30am meeting I was dragged into....
Casual Friday with football metaphors. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot