Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Adele

One of the Regulars
I actually wore this a few days ago, but I hadn't the chance to post it until today:

DSCF1001.jpg

It's not truly vintage, only vintage inspired, but I think it's a swell suit, nonetheless. I even had one person even come up to me and say that I reminded them of Eva Braun.

Feraud

Bartender
You have hit a home run for your first post. That is an amazing piece of work you created. Welcome to the Lounge.

Kitty M said:
I actually wore this last Saturday to an afternoon tea but had to wait all week for registration to post on here!

I'm very proud of the dress as I made it from a pattern in an Australian Home Journal from 1947 and did all the beading on the bust myself!

The hat is a black beret with trimmings of feathers and brooch added.

cat-1.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's what I wore last night, one of the hats I purchased at the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show in NYC.

It's a 1920's cloche with beaded and rhinestone accent.
The jacket is circa 1970's Lillian Ruben styled like 1940''s with Faux persian lamb trim. It has the shoulderpads of a Football Quarterback
I wore the jacket with a white turtleneck, long black skirt, and black heeled boots.

betty_111707.jpg

Went to an annual Christmas party in town; they used this turn of the century coffee roaster to roast great chestnuts. In addition to feeling very appropriately dressed, I met two hat lovers with great taste who I hope will become friends.

betty_111707_a.JPG

Jovan

Suspended
CharlestonBows said:
How very Ivy -- the simplicity of the combination is what makes this work; I like it.

I have to ask -- what are the trousers made from? The picture makes gives the impression of some texture, suggesting more than the basic khaki.
My first guess is moleskin.

AlanC

Baron Kurtz said:
How are you finding the double buckled monk strap shoes. I've never liked them. They look too fussy/elaborate for my taste. Whereas the single buckle ones i love!

I like them. I usually wear them with a suit, although they also go well with sportcoats. These were made in England by Sanders & Sanders for the US company E.T. Wright. I got them NIB at a clearance price of about $50.

Of course, I've been accused of being both fussy and elaborate. :)

AlanC

Nice look, Orgetorix. Those trousers aren't from a company with the initials of TH are they?

Jerekson, I think you are right. A happy accident.

Vintage Betty

Kitty M said:
I actually wore this last Saturday to an afternoon tea but had to wait all week for registration to post on here!

I'm very proud of the dress as I made it from a pattern in an Australian Home Journal from 1947 and did all the beading on the bust myself!

The hat is a black beret with trimmings of feathers and brooch added.

cat-1.jpg

Welcome! I've been meaning to tell you how stunning you look! Any chance of a close up on that beading and that hat? Such hard work should be seen up close.

Well done and thanks for posting!

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk