Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ada Veen said:
Lovely hat, it really suits you.

Awww...thanks so much!

Thanks for the compliments Mr. Feraud and Ms. Antje! Ms. Antje, are you coveting my $5 Wool Coat with the pleated back?

Mr. Orgetorix - Proper and well-coordinated as usual. Your jacket has an interesting taper to the length of the chest. Is that common?

Mr. AlanC - I covet those shoes. In no way will I ever wear them, or get my husband to wear them. But I covet them anyway (covet, covet, covet).

VB

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
Mr. Orgetorix - Proper and well-coordinated as usual. Your jacket has an interesting taper to the length of the chest. Is that common?

Vintage Betty,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're referring to. When my tailor took in the waist on the jacket I had him leave a bit of fullness in the chest, so that might be what you're seeing.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
I wore this on Sunday, while visiting Mr. Barry in Washington DC.

MD_111107_019.jpg

1940's Burgandy Red Felt Hat with Satin Band and Red Ostrich Feather. Label reads: Abraham & Straus, a store in Brooklyn NY. Has a headband, which I placed under the beaded 1930's snood.
1930's pearled Butterfly Brand snood
1940's wool suit (Info forthcoming)
1940's silk shirt
1930's Gloves dyed doeskin with deco design and leather tassels accent. No label.
1950's Paisely chain necklace and bracelet set. No maker's mark.
1950's Trifari pearled costume pin
1950's Trifari pearled costume earrings
Modern Stuart Weitzman shoes

Oh, Vintage Betty! The whole outfit is spectacular but those gloves! That hat! That pin! Just fantastic.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Kitty M said:
I actually wore this last Saturday to an afternoon tea but had to wait all week for registration to post on here!

I'm very proud of the dress as I made it from a pattern in an Australian Home Journal from 1947 and did all the beading on the bust myself!

The hat is a black beret with trimmings of feathers and brooch added.

cat-1.jpg

I love this dress Kitty--aren't those old ladies magazines the best? Any chance of some detail shots (especially of the bodice)?

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Today I wore:
a plaid red flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up
off-white slacks
brown belt & brown hiking boots
Hair in messily braided pig-tails

I've been raking leaves in the front yard. :)

Marty M.

Vendor
I've been wondering where your pics have been.

I like the outfit Baron. The suit has a certin attitude to it. Can you tell me more about your suit? I've never seen lapels that wide before.
Marty Mathis

Edward

Bartender
Okay, let's try this.... it's a bad photo (phone flash in the lift mirror has overdone things...), but this is fairly standard office wear for me these days:

today0012.jpg

I'm hoping this is going to evolve into some more Golden Age over time as money allows.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Okay, let's try this.... it's a bad photo (phone flash in the lift mirror has overdone things...), but this is fairly standard office wear for me these days:

today0012.jpg

I'm hoping this is going to evolve into some more Golden Age over time as money allows.

You look fantastic as always Edward--I think the photo is really cool too.

Jovan

Suspended
AlanC said:
^Pocket square! Pocket square! I thought we'd fixed that problem. :eusa_doh:
Indeed. But, that sport coat is ridiculously awesome. I thought I'd never wear any tweed that "wild," but I love it!

Today, I was dressed for an interview at a casual place. Somewhat... fashionable, I guess, but it was cold this morning and tonight.
-lemon short sleeved pique polo
-white undershirt tee (tucked into jeans)
-black jeans from late-'90s Old Navy
-surplus navy blue web belt
-for cold weather, navy cotton sport coat (the same one I wear all the time)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112