Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marty M.

Vendor
Yet again.

Vintage Betty, another great outfit. You look great. I love the lines and the slanted (Hacking) pockets of the overcoat. What I can't fiqure out is why they put what looks like a breast pocket on it? Your hat and blouse really tone down the coat. Great look VB :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Vintage Betty said:
betty_112507_b.jpg

I'm really diggin' the detail on the skirt. Very well done ensemble, as always, VB.

This was last evening - sorry for the poor quality, but Santa is supposed to be bringing a new camera.

11-24a.jpg

11-24b.jpg

11-24c.jpg

Navy pinstripe suit (a la Mr. Steed), by 319 Men.

White custom shirt, double cuff, also 319.

Lt. gray waistcoat, two pocket, vintage.

Silk Blue Dot tie, Silk Red Pin-dot square, both CB & 319.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
CharlestonBows said:
This was last evening - sorry for the poor quality, but Santa is supposed to be bringing a new camera.

This one's pretty good, if you're used to a crappy phone cam. Will the new one mirror pictures?

What I really wanted to ask is what makes the suit Steedlike.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marty M. said:
Vintage Betty, another great outfit. You look great. I love the lines and the slanted (Hacking) pockets of the overcoat. What I can't fiqure out is why they put what looks like a breast pocket on it? Your hat and blouse really tone down the coat. Great look VB :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Thank you Mr. thunderw21 and Mr. Marty M.

Mr. Marty M., you do like those classic deco lines, don't you? :)

I was seeing relatives off, and if I took off the overcoat, I was properly dressed with an interesting hat on. It kept the look proper, but toned down enough to walk around town. In my town, I don't get compliments very often for my hats - I'm looked on with suspicion and disdain. Therefore, by mixing old and new elements, I don't have to usually deal with rude comments, but only curious inquisitors.

This might provide more info on the overcoat.

My comment on this overcoat from the overcoat thread was incorrect. The faux pocket near the shoulderbone is actually a true, but tiny pocket. Meant for the dainty lady, I guess. [huh]

Vintage Betty

lyburnum

Practically Family
004si8.jpg

Todays outfit

Trousers: Handmade
Shoes: Me Too
Jumper: Vintage store in Royal Oak, MI
Jewelry: vintage

The outfit was a bit of a mish mash - oh well.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
lyburnum said:
004si8.jpg

Todays outfit

Trousers: Handmade
Shoes: Me Too
Jumper: Vintage store in Royal Oak, MI
Jewelry: vintage

The outfit was a bit of a mish mash - oh well.

I like it, :eek:fftopic: What store in Royal Oak? I love shopping there but everything is always sooo expensive. I found a vintage red silk dress there for $395, so sad :(

lyburnum

Practically Family
ValerieAmelia said:
I like it, :eek:fftopic: What store in Royal Oak? I love shopping there but everything is always sooo expensive. I found a vintage red silk dress there for $395, so sad :(

Oops, I made a mistake. It was a store called 'Marys Vintage Rose', but it was in Mount Clemens, not Royal Oak. It's closed down now. I bought loads of stuff there last Christmas when it was in its last month - everything was 50% off! I got a gorgeous evening dress, that jumper, three pairs of earings, a hat, a skirt and a tie for my boy all for less than $50.

I only know of the one vintage clothing store in Royal Oak and I've always found it to be ridiculously over priced.

Marty M.

Vendor
That's the guy.

Fatdutchman said:
Me in my natural habitat. Pretty much the way I look every day.

Work5.jpg

If I'm ever around lumber I'm hanging with Fatdutchman. You look perfect in your environment. Bravo :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Sorry but here goes....

Aghhh. I can't get the hang of photography. As a matter of fact my skills are dimishing. Here's a sad look at todays outfit.
Marty Mathis

P1010197-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010206-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010209.jpg
[/IMG]

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks Jovan.

Jovan said:
Single breasted with peaked lapels? If only other haberdashers/menswear store employees were so adventurous in a good way.

It's amazing how many times have you gone into a clothing store and were put off by what the clerk was wearing? There's just a lack of passion out there working in retail stores. [huh]
Marty Mathis

Jovan

Suspended
Well, usually the guys in JC Penney are decently attired. (Owing to them mostly being older gents.) But at places like Jos. A. Bank and whatnot, I see some pretty awful stuff worn by the guys your age or younger. They could learn a lot from you.

I also can't count how many times I've applied for positions like that, coming in wearing a conservative grey single breasted, dark blue/red tie, white shirt, black shoes, and I never, ever get a call back even when I tell them how knowledgeable (especially since coming to this forum) I am in men's clothing -- with examples. Actually, when I've called back or even come IN PERSON wearing the same thing to talk about it with the manager, I'm pretty much told something along the lines of, "We'll see if there's something for someone of your... qualifications." I don't quite understand it. I don't know if they think I'm too young, don't have enough experience, or are just too well dressed to work there.

Then again, it would be nice if there were a REAL haberdashery in this town, but no such luck. [huh] Hey, I can always move up to where you live if there's a position to be filled. :p

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
Aghhh. I can't get the hang of photography. As a matter of fact my skills are dimishing. Here's a sad look at todays outfit.
Marty Mathis

Marty, I'm no photography pro, but you might try adjusting your camera's shutter speed. Looks to my very amateur eye as though a slow shutter speed may be causing both the blurriness and the over-exposure (brightness).

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is really grand, CB. Worn at a Christmas party, no one would notice the poor tree. I need to assemble something like this.

11-24b.jpg

Marty, as always, you are an inspiration!
Look at those sleeve cuffs! Perfect.
P1010206-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112