Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

StanleyVanBuren

[reposted from another thread]

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

StanleyVanBuren said:
[reposted from another thread]

IMG_8100.jpg

I really like what you've got going on here. The waistcoat helps you with a problem that I also share, and that's a thin build. The waist coat gives some visual size without adding bulk -- so that's a good direction.

Two things are detracting from that goal of making you look less 'thinnish':

1) the jacket could stand to be a little more tapered around the jacket waist. This would give more shape to your coat, suppressing the midsection to make your shoulders look broader.

2) the hacking pockets, while I love them and the lines created by them, I think they give emphasis the wrong direction (down emphasizing long arms, instead of up to accent shoulders; but 'up' hacking pockets would be strange indeed!). Straight horizontal pockets would give more of a definition to the waist and give you an equator.

Maybe if you get the coat taken in, the hacking pockets could work. It's hard for me to wear them, like I imagine it is for you -- I can only on three or one buttons, and only on jackets that are really well fitted.

Great look, great effort! Just being nitpicky! ;)

Marty M.

Vendor
Jovan said:
Then again, it would be nice if there were a REAL haberdashery in this town, but no such luck. [huh] Hey, I can always move up to where you live if there's a position to be filled. :p

Jovan, bring several pairs of long underwear. After Florida, you'll need them ;) .

Marty

StanleyVanBuren

CharlestonBows said:
Maybe if you get the coat taken in, the hacking pockets could work.

Oh, I definitely plan on having the jacket taken in at the waist a little. These photos are of the suit right out of the box with no alterations yet. I also plan on having the trousers shortened just a little.

Marty M.

Vendor
StanleyVanBuren said:
As bad of a photograph as this may be, I still like everything I see. Particularly the coat. And something cool is going on with those cufflinks there, but I can't tell. It looks like your camera is decent, you just need a tripod!

Thanks Stanley, It really is a great coat. It was made by "Cardinal of Canada". I bought it new sixteen years ago. This coat has been through many, many Minnesota winters with me. I wore it everyday of winter (and winter is very long here) for fourteen years. And it still looks new. It's like an old friend. I'll try to get a better picture of it. Thanks again buddy,
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
The Lady in red.

Brooksie, you make that beautiful outfit even more beautiful. The color and fit of your ensemble is perfect. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ahh, love all of the sharp dressed men!!

Brooksie you look lovely. That blouse is to die for! (ahem.. along with your sofa, hehe.. had to throw that in! ;) )

I can throw together some really odd stuff. Today I wore a vintage "victorian" blouse from the 80's, remember the GAP? lol! Along with mod gouchos, boots, and leather jacket. Chandy earrings and victorian brooch. Weird, I know...(we hairdressers can get away with it, right Brooks??)
Nikki
2072586319_5208496698.jpg

2072584659_6bbab742e0.jpg

And I received this awesome hat from the bay today... 40's cartwheel from Gimbels!! I bought a pinstriped suit at a garage sale for $2 and always wanted to do a Titanic Rose boarding suit look with it. So tonight I tried it on just for fun. The hat isn't laying right tho, since I had my hair up too high for it.
2073376642_59267be0fd.jpg

Here I took my hair down and I'm wearing the "boarding earrings" repros.
2073373312_5d0caa91c9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ