Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
*1950s coral sweater with pleated rolled collar trimmed with buttons
*1940s-style wide-leg black trousers
*1940s black suede wedges
*1940s blue and white celluloid bird pin accented with multi-colored rhinestones
*1950s orange blossom earrings
*Hair in double reverse rolls accented with a double gardenia

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today 1-18-07

-brown/charcol tonned slacks
-pale pink French Cuff (3/4 sleeve) button up cotton oxford
-mens brown herringbone sweater vest
-pink bobbie socks
-canvis/brown wingtips with pink detailing
-vintage Pendleton (wool tweed) hat with a giant brooch on the side
-tan cotton safari styled hip length jacket

Im print making today, dressed down :)

LD

Caledonia

Practically Family
A 50's headscarf that kind of fastens round your head with popper stud things. Sounds strange I know, but it's pretty cool. Parisian images on it, and it's pale green in the background. And was trying on a 40s rhinestone necklace earlier that needs a repair and I was working out how to do it. Sorted. :)

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
This is a great thread, but...

We really need pictures!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with earlier poster who said this. It would be really great to actually see how people put themselves together. Kudos to those of you who are already doing this!

The variety of styles represented here is staggering and I think it would wonderful to see all of the different approaches. It would be helpful to those of us who are still a bit bewildered about how to incorporate the styles we love into practical, day-to-day clothing, and it would give examples of what colors work together, which patterns "go," what syles work with what body types, etc..

If it takes a few days to put the pictures up and it is more of a "What were you wearing two days ago..." sort of thing, it would still be interesting to see. Even blurry, "I took this in the bathroom mirror" pics would be better than nothing, and if you're too shy, just take a picture of your clothing ensemble laying out on the bed or something.

I know I'm being a hypocrite here, as I haven't posted any pics yet, but I think this thread has great potential, and I will contribute to it as soon as I get the chance.

Now go out there and fire up those cameras!

--G.R.

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Cap-New
Pendleton Shirt (unknown vintage)
Hercules Horsehide Jacket (40's-50's)
Levi's 501xx STF (new-can't afford LVC yet...)

IMG_7760.jpg
[/IMG]

Most of my daily winter clothes are some sort of variation of this.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
*1940s day dress with black crepe bodice and skirt printed with purple, pink, yellow, and green bouquets; bodice has quilted flower appliqu?© made from extra skirt material
*1950s deep lilac wool cardigan
*Fully fashioned nude stockings
*1940s black suede peep toe pumps
*Pink orchid celluloid earrings
*Hair in double reverse rolls accented with a pink velvet flower

kools

Practically Family
Griemersma...this is also my typical winter wear when running around after work or on the weekends. Lately, it's been cold & messy. Temps in the low 20s (F) & plenty of snow. Lots & Pendleton/Levis/Chippewa boots/newsboy days for me lately. My biggest wardrobe weakness, however, is a quality leather jacket. I've had the cheap highwayman-style jacket from the GAP given to me as a gift 15 years ago. To the ignorant, it looks okay. To me, it looks sloppy. I just haven't got myself to pull the trigger on a decent leather jacket yet. Every time I think I'll do it, my money instead goes to shoes or sports coats or gab shirts or vintage pants or.....?

Today I was told by a coworker, "you look dressed up today." (This by a coworker who regularly comes to work in badly fitting khakis with Birkenstocks...I really don't need to see his feet at work!)
Early 50's gray trousers
White dress shirt
Blue v-neck sweater vest
Black Covington Allen Edmonds
Dressed up? Hmm.

Rosie

One Too Many
VERY cold today and I had to serve jury duty so, no vintage or VI. A pair of black slacks, polka dot shirt and shell top adidas. But tomorrow, I'll make up for it. ;)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Today I ran out of clean jeans to wear, so I HAD to wear a skirt, even though I have class & don't really enjoy walking around on campus wearing heels all day.

I'm wearing:

- a vintage, wool, plaid (greyish light pinks, greyish blues and grey) pleated skirt
- nude self-seam seamed stockings from Magnolia
- brown VI Aerosoles pumps
- blue VI knit Forever 21 top
- vintage blue belt I stole from a 40's dress of mine
- vintage beaded cardigan

Maybe I'll take some pictures later!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Down Under Prawn and Oyster Eating Arvo c30C/100F

Irish Linen Guayabera shirt from myCuban store - getting nicer and softer every wash.

AUD15 Art Deco watch from Aldi that everyone admires!

Sportcaft line cargo shorts - no pleats.

My new Sperry nubuck chocolate suede loafers from Noosa when on holidays - muy confortable!

Italian belt from my local sartoria.

Planter style Panama with the lovely bird feather hand made ribbon.

The new invisible white zinc suncream.

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
Been painting all day! I am fortunate not to have gotten any paint on my clothes.

Today I'm wearing:
Day-dress that my mother made me (the fabric is black with pattern of little flowers on it in varying shades of blue).
Black cable knit opaque tights (Its cold here!)
Black cardigan
Saddle shoes
Pearls

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Nothing fancy for today. Nice white Nordstrom point collar dress shirt, canvas Bill's, vintage tie, brown plaid Hart, Schaffner, and Marx jacket of indeterminate age, and the brown Federation.

And yes, I have lost some weight. Still working on that. :)

me1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ