Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marty M.

Vendor
Well appointed.

Choeki said:
And this is today's watch and cuff-link selection:

03DEC07-outfit02.jpg

A vintage Seiko 7009 movement watch I inherited form my father.

03DEC07-outfit03.jpg

Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force cufflinks.

Nothing more cooler then a watch that was your Dads.
Those links are keepers also. That's also an interesting cuff. Great stuff Mr. Choeki.
Marty Mathis

Jerekson said:
Profile-KAK_6.png

Sorry for the crummy picture. It was taken within the time frame of 2 seconds.

I'm consistently amazed at how effortless your personal style comes across in photos. Some guys got it, and some guys got it -- you're very much the later.

Subtle and well done ensemble, but again its the details (the shoes, for instance) that make it really work -- really well done, as always! You're a natural!

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Choeki said:
Thanks! 私は千葉県に住んでいます。 あなたは‚Ķ?

By the way, is that Dae Jo Yong in your avatar?

Im from gunmaken, this is not Dae Jo Yong but Song Il Gook from the drama Jumong.

A korean drama that im addicted:D

BTW, nice cap toe shoes you have!!!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Today's ensemble combines classic greys with mossy greens.

2084229934_c2f09cde58.jpg
2084229812_1a65a145f1.jpg
2084229738_f0a8824b2b.jpg
2084230024_4ceb205ac0.jpg

Hat: Borsalino. Grey flannel jacket: Country Road. Shirt & cotton knit tie: Jos.A.Bank. Square: Syms. Donegal tweed trou: Joseph Abboud. Sox: Nautica. Suede bucks: Florsheim.

Today's fixing to be an Extra Blustery Day and I will be in NYC. I may go with the brown leather trenchcoat and gauge people's responses on the streets.

Marty M.

Vendor
Good Ol' grey Fletch.

Grey is the new black for ya Fletch. Terrific outfit buddy. I really like the silk knit and graph check shirt combo.
Marty Mathis

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Marty. You'd see even more grey if I weren't wearing the hat.

Hey, you're in the trade - ever heard the name Broadnax Green? My dad always calls teal green that (the color of the square). May be some 50s trend, I dunno.

Marty M.

Vendor
Fletch said:
Thanks Marty. You'd see even more grey if I weren't wearing the hat.

Hey, you're in the trade - ever heard the name Broadnax Green? My dad always calls teal green that (the color of the square). May be some 50s trend, I dunno.

No, I never have heard of that before.

[Quoat=Antje][Antje Hey Marty
cool hat
( the rest is also cool ofcourse, but esspecialy the hat) ]

Hi Antje, I think that you're thinking of Fletch's hat.
Marty

Choeki

Familiar Face
Marty M., Tomasso, scotrace<-- Thanks for the compliments! Actually, it's a bit funny to me to hear people compliment them since I usually get ragged on for them (I have a lot of military and police cufflinks and tie-bar sets). The Japanese Self-defense Force branches all make a variety of cufflink and tie-bar sets along with a ton of gift related items for PR purposes, so I tend to buy them up whenever I can find them. Incidentally, these particular ones can only be purchased at "festivals" run by the Ground Self-Defense Force that are held only once or twice a year. If you're lucky you can also find them on Yahoo Japan Auctions, but they can go upwards for around $40+ USD. I paid around $20USD for mine in Yamanashi Prefecture.

Empyrium said:
Im from gunmaken, this is not Dae Jo Yong but Song Il Gook from the drama Jumong.

A korean drama that im addicted:D

BTW, nice cap toe shoes you have!!!

Ah, Gunma-ken... Never been there myself, but I hear its nice. Chiba-ken is kind of the garbage dump and bedroom community of Tokyo, but it's grown on me after living here for so long. Are you an expat as well?

As for the shoes, would you believe that they're my first pair of brown low-quarters ever? I bought them at a Chiyoda shoe store a couple of months back. There's a label inside that claims that they're Italian, but it says "Made in China" under the tongue... :p

Choeki said:
As for the shoes, would you believe that they're my first pair of brown low-quarters ever? I bought them at a Chiyoda shoe store a couple of months back. There's a label inside that claims that they're Italian, but it says "Made in China" under the tongue... :p

Well, China does have the largest ex-pat population of Italians, now. [huh]

Choeki

Familiar Face
Here's today's (black shoes and silver jewelry day) outfit:

04DEC07-outfit01.jpg

As usual, the sleeves and hem of the jacket are too long (again, I'm working on my skill level to fix this problem). Today's tie is a no-name silk material with a goldenrod background and silver/blue chain pattern, purchased from a recycle shop the next town over. I'm wearing a blue linen odd vest and black braces with black leather tabs. I'm wearing my only proper fedora today (albeit a stingy brim), which I'll go onto detail over in the appropriate forum thread...

Here's today's wristwatch selection:

04DEC07-outfit02.jpg

It's a vintage (60's era) Seiko "Business" DiaShock, with a 25-jewel 6206 movement and black leather band.

Today's cufflink selection are mother of pearl trimmed Japanese merchant "kamon" (family crest), depicting what I believe to be wheat ears.

04DEC07-outfit03.jpg

I have a matching tie tack for these, but I don't use it because I fear the damage to my silk ties.

Marty M.

Vendor
So true.

CharlestonBows said:
Well, China does have the largest ex-pat population of Italians, now. [huh]

That's a very true statement. And because of that fact, we clothiers and our customers are benifiting from that new association.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Tip of the Toc.

Choeki said:

04DEC07-outfit02.jpg

[It's a vintage (60's era) Seiko "Business" DiaShock, with a 25-jewel 6206 movement and black leather band.]

Mr. Choeki, you Sir, have some really cool stuff. That's one great watch. Please keep posting. Thanks.
Marty

Choeki

Familiar Face
Marty M. said:
Choeki said:

04DEC07-outfit02.jpg

It's a vintage (60's era) Seiko "Business" DiaShock, with a 25-jewel 6206 movement and black leather band.

Mr. Choeki, you Sir, have some really cool stuff. That's one great watch. Please keep posting. Thanks.
Marty

Thanks! Actually this watch was a bit of work since I bought it as a "junk" item on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Basically it didn't have a band and the crystal was scratched to all hades. I took some MAAS polishing compound and some folded newspaper and basically worked on it a few days and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It was simply a bonus that it still keeps good time, albeit with a +3 minute error over a day or two... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana