PDA

View Full Version : First hat

Devo
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Any advice for someone who is thinking about getting a hat?

I collect baseball caps (trying to get through the alphabet - L and Z are hard to find), but I am wanting to delve into a real hat.

Don't know if it should be a fedora or bowler or hamburg or whatever?
Don't even know what to wear it with or where I'd wear it.
It just seems high time to get a real hat, though.

johnnycanuck
06-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Looking for your first hat, I would always recommend Akubra. Its a good name brand, not that expensive, and you can wear it anywhere without worrying about ruining it (takes a licking and keeps coming back for more). As for style Its really up to you.
For a first hat, unless you have a style you particularly want (Bogart, Indiana Jones, Crocodile Dundee, Joe Friday....) I Would recommend a more generic middle of the road hat. Like the CEO, Fedora, Banjo Paterson. Not to tall crown, not to wide of a brim. At least until you get used to wearing a hat and know what look you want to go for.
If there is a look you want, just do a search on the character and you will most likely find a few hits with information of their hats. Or just ask.
What to wear it with? Anything you want. T-shirt or collared shirt. Blue jeans or dress pants. Whatever you feel comfortable in.
Where to wear it? Everywhere and anywhere, I never leave the house without a hat on my head.
www.hatsdirect.com
Hope that helps.

Johnny

bolthead
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Good sound advice there Johnny. :eusa_clap

RedPop4
06-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Quite sound.

Devo
06-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks.

I will do more research on any kind of 'look' I might be going for.
I'm not really trying to look like anyone.
I just want to look classy.

Aerol
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
You're right on the mark about "not trying to look like anyone."

The idea is to find a hat that makes you look more like yourself.

rcinlv
06-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Try the New Orleans Zephyrs for your "Z" baseball cap.

Cheers,

RC

Devo
06-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Try the New Orleans Zephyrs for your "Z" baseball cap.

Cheers,

RC

Thanks! That's a great find. I may not have all of the alphabet yet but I know where to get most of them.

akaBruno
06-16-2007, 03:05 PM
May I suggest this look--> http://www.devo-obsesso.com/html/photo_pgs/promo/urgh-bw-promo.html

BRUNO :D