PDA

View Full Version : Camptown #15

indycop
09-21-2007, 01:34 PM
What a birthday! My Camptown finally arrived, I got a new cell phone, and there are two more hats awaiting at the post office! And that's all the stuff I bought !:D
Anyway about all I can say about it right now is it fits. Its only been out of the box a few minutes! I can tell it is of great quality and my plan was after playing with my akubra i was not going to baby this thing. Now that i'm holding it i am scared to mess with it. I am going to mess with the bash tonight. The pics I have here are straight out of the box pics. I am going to try to get the bash close to the brown one's.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010055.jpg
Akubra federation, Camptown,and peters brothers.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010056.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010057.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010059.jpg

I will post pics on my head after playing with the bash.:D

J.T.Marcus
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
You are good to yourself on your birthday!!! :)

DOUGLAS
09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Damn fine looking hat man. I just may need to get one of those. How is the felt? Is the body soft and supple or loaded down with stiffener? I have seen quite a few Camptowns here and they all look really nice.

BJBAmerica
09-21-2007, 01:51 PM
It's a beauty, and fits in well with your other two hats in that picture...All nice!!

Congrats on the Camptown......Look forward to seeing your bash and then some pics of you wearing it!

deanglen
09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Impressive. Very impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well! The force is strong with this one! Excellent hats and nice photos. Happy B-day, indeed!

dean

indycop
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Damn fine looking hat man. I just may need to get one of those. How is the felt? Is the body soft and supple or loaded down with stiffener? I have seen quite a few Camptowns here and they all look really nice.
Out of the box it is stiffer than my peters brothers was, which I know has a reputation for being stiff. I can't explain this, but I can tell that this felt is definitely superior to any thing i have so far and can become nice and soft with a little working. I am a little intimidated to crush it right now, like I did my akubra. i am going to play with the bash tonight and maybe the brim. Also my PB was super stiff and has since softened up wonderfully.
Maybe I should just sit on it and get it over with!lol :eek:

indycop
09-21-2007, 01:56 PM
You are good to yourself on your birthday!!! :)
If I was really good to myself I would buy a Gypsy lass like someone else I know!:D

fatwoul
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Good to see it arrived safe and sound. It looks absolutely splendid. Perhaps a little wider than the other two at the moment, but that will sort itself out with wear.

Good idea photographing it with the others - I'm sure that will help other people get an idea what the Metro is like.

This has made my wait for my Fieldmaster all the more painful. lol

Oh, and happy birthday. :D

indycop
09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
your wait can't be much longer Fats!:D

LEUII
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
The more I see those Camptowns the more I want one. Splendid looking hat.

I also like your using the sheetrock corner bead for drip edge on the dog house! A man after my own heart-let nothing go to waste.

indycop
09-21-2007, 02:11 PM
The more I see those Camptowns the more I want one. Splendid looking hat.

I also like your using the sheetrock corner bead for drip edge on the dog house! A man after my own heart-let nothing go to waste.
the thing is he doesn't use it! He is so spoiled he sleeps in bed with us![huh] I also have a nice aluminum double dog box but he rides in the truck!

DanielJones
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Congratulations & Happy Birthday IC!:eusa_clap Maybe mine will be on the stoop when I get home. That would make for a very happy Friday!:)
Well sir, yours looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it on you knoggin.

Douglas, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy one if you get a Camptown.

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
I wonder if I could ask to have less stiffener put in.[huh]
My interest is pricked

RBH
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Well Happy Birthday my friend!!!!
That is one sweet looking fedora! Look forward to seeing it on you!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Razzman
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Nice looking lid. Happy Birthday IC!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones
09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I wonder if I could ask to have less stiffener put in.[huh]
My interest is pricked

Douglas: The early models of the Fieldmaster were somewhat stiff but nowhere near as stiff as a modern cowboy hat. If I remember correctly the current production is even less stiff than those. They will carry some amount of stiffness to them but with a bit of handeling & shaping to your liking they soften up considerably and hold their shape rather well.
I have one of the early Fieldmasters and it is now soft but still springy and has a nice snap to the brim & crown but not floppy. I think you'd be happy with it.

Cheers!

Dan

indycop
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I've wet the whole thing down and pinched the front more and the dents. If it dries how it is sitting it will be bashed exactly like my pb! I made some taper (which i like) in it going so deep with the dents. As soon as I wet it it got soo soft! As soon as it dries I will take pics wearing it.:D

DanielJones
09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I can't wait to see the results on your head! Hopefully mine is here too, but maybe tomorrow.

Cheers!

Dan

RBH
09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I can't wait to see the results on your head! Hopefully mine is here too, but maybe tomorrow.

Cheers!

Dan
If so... we expect photos!!!!!:D

indycop
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM

Cheers!

Dan
Does that mean yours will be Metro #16!?

DanielJones
09-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Does that mean yours will be Metro #16!?

Could very well be. I'm trying to recall, who has the Metro #14? I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I get my mits on it.:)

Cheers!

Dan

indycop
09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
OK, here's my first attempts at softening and tightening the bash.:rolleyes:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010061.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010060.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010063.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010064.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010065.jpg

RBH
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice!
It looks as if it will 'weather' well.

indycop
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm fighting with trying to keep it long oval. its very springy, so i will leave it on the stretcher over night. I do have to say Ken did a great job!
Thanks everyone for your kind comments!:)

P.S. Dan did yours come in?

fatwoul
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Good to see that a tight pinch is possible with the Metro. I'm still considering putting a TVA into my Fieldmaster.

Speaking of which, if I can get this ribbon done this weekend, I should have a new hat to show off soon, even if my Fieldmaster doesn't arrive...

;)

indycop
09-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Good to see that a tight pinch is possible with the Metro. I'm still considering putting a TVA into my Fieldmaster.

Speaking of which, if I can get this ribbon done this weekend, I should have a new hat to show off soon, even if my Fieldmaster doesn't arrive...

;)
Hurry up and finish it before your Camptown arrives! or you will stop and only work on the Camptown!:D

apipeguy
09-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Happy Birthday friend! beautiful hats. Wear them with confidence.:eusa_clap

indycop
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Happy Birthday friend! beautiful hats. Wear them with confidence.:eusa_clap
Ah, thank you sir!:D

jeff
09-22-2007, 07:01 AM
OK, here's my first attempts at softening and tightening the bash.:rolleyes:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010061.jpg

*Very* nice profile! I like the backward-slant you get at the front crease.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/jhannafo/P1010060.jpg

Wow - you aren't kidding around when you put crease in - that's the tightest pinch I've ever seen! Very unique, and the hat looks great on you.

fatwoul
09-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow - you aren't kidding around when you put crease in - that's the tightest pinch I've ever seen! Very unique, and the hat looks great on you.

Yeah it's quite the example of police brutality, isn't it? Serious-looking pinches from a very serious-looking man. I'm glad to see it, though - it's good to know that you can pinch a Camptown that tight if you want to.

fatwoul
09-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Hurry up and finish it before your Camptown arrives! or you will stop and only work on the Camptown!:D

Working on it this weekend. Should have something to show you all soon. :D

RBH
09-22-2007, 07:27 AM

;)
Good to hear this. I am thinking of putting a TVA in my PB Indy straw. I really like this straw and am thinking of ordering another. If I do the TVA will go into my older one. I like the looks of Dans Indy straw [Remington bash]so the TVA should do well in it.

DanielJones
09-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Mine hasn't shown up yet. Maybe today some time or by the latest Monday. You know, it's that east coast, left coast delivery thing. What can you do?
We're heading out to a friends in Pismo Beach for the day, so maybe it will be on the stoop when I get home this evening. One can only hope.

Cheers!

Dan

Thumbs
09-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Happy Birthday! Your hat looks great, and what a "Cruel Pinch" :D I like it, very stylish! :eusa_clap

fatwoul
09-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Good to hear this. I am thinking of putting a TVA in my PB Indy straw. I really like this straw and am thinking of ordering another. If I do the TVA will go into my older one. I like the looks of Dans Indy straw [Remington bash]so the TVA should do well in it.

Hey RBH get over to my thread already there's a hat there that you need to see! ;) :D

RBH
09-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey RBH get over to my thread already there's a hat there that you need to see! ;) :D
Done my friend!:D

indycop
09-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Dan did it come in today?

Colby Jack
09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Great looking lids!...I am sooooooooooo jealous!...Maybe I'll see ya tomorrow!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones
09-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Dan did it come in today?

No... So I guess it may show up on Monday. Bummer. It would have made a fabulous end to a good day out.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
I got the Metropolitan #14!! See the other Camptown thread for the pictures.

Cheers!

Dan