PDA

View Full Version : Shopping (Ebay)

onlyoneintown
10-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm going to be doing some Ebaying and want to know what shirts I should get I'm an XL size if that matters and would love some help thanks!

oh and I don't have much money so yea... :-/

Anthony Jordan
10-01-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm going to be doing some Ebaying and want to know what shirts I should get I'm an XL size if that matters and would love some help thanks!

oh and I don't have much money so yea... :-/

Presuming that you are looking for formal shirts, as a start, I'd suggest establishing your collar size and ideal arm length. This site gives some helpful advice:

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Content.aspx?content=YourSize.htm

As to what shirts, personally I like double-cuffed shirts in 100% cotton with removable collar stiffeners and look for Jermyn Street makers such as New and Lingwood, Hilditch and Key, Harvie and Hudson, Turnbull and Asser or, at a lower level, T.M. Lewin, Thomas Pink, Charles Tyrwhitt, etc. The benefit of these is that many of these have been making shirts in much the same way for a century or more and even their most recent products (if chosen carefully) need not look incongruous in a "Golden Age" ensemble.

Although quite expensive new (Charles Tyrwhitt seem to be the cheapest at the moment, with all their regular shirts reduced to just under £30) they should be fairly reasonable if you don't mind buying secondhand.