View Full Version : Looking for liquor bottles (in all the wrong places)!!

Mike K.
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
No it's actually not what you think!:D

There is a scene in the movie The Ghost and The Darkness where Val Kilmer and friends are sitting by a campfire having a few drinks. On the table is a really awesome liquor bottle wrapped in woven wicker, rattan, or some sort similar material. I'd like to know if there is a specific name for this, and if anyone knows where to find bottles with this outer weave. I've always know it as cane, and the process as caning - different from rattan or wicker which is usually round, not flat.


Below is a photo of some modern cologne wrapped in the same pattern and of the same material.
Any suggestions? I've tried all sorts of internet searches but must be missing something.

Vintage Betty
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I think J. Peterman sold a bottle like that many years ago.


Vintage Betty
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I like this (http://www.palmspringslife.com/media/Palm-Springs-Life/Home/May-2007/In-Store-The-Outsiders/)better. Scroll down the page. This (http://www.worldmarket.com/kitchen-tabletop/Wine-Racks--Accessories/wine-racks/lev/4/productId/6597/PIPELINE_SESSION_ID/a79f0584c0a85b654d459b9636f9f6b4/index.pro?PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=a79f0584c0a85b654d45 9b9636f9f6b4)isn't too bad either.

For larger style of bottles, trying looking under the keywords: Demi-john or Demijohn.