Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

RedPop4

One Too Many
The Texas guys are in San Antonio for the All-Texas Memorial Day Herf, but what about the rest of us?

Friday Night I had a big La Flor Dominicana Premium Line at the ball park watching my older son play.

Last night at the swim club we go to with our friends who are members....I had a Perdomo Habano, and a simply lovely Hoyo de Monterrey Des Dieux.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
One of my neighbors sails south of Key West from time to time and he usually drops a couple 'gars (and/or a bottle of rum) on me when he gets back. Never any bands or boxes. [huh] They ain't bad and they're free. ;)

Shoes317.jpg

It wasn't this guy was it? Fla Man accused of Smuggling Cigars and Rum

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Rocky, I don't know how he does it, but he seems to have been able to turn out VERY consistantly good cigars for about the last 10 years. I really like the Olde World marca!
Impressive to say the least.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
I agree I've avoided some of the newer labels in favor of the reliables, we all know the names. But Rocky has legs and they get stronger every year. He has earned a place in my humidor right up there with Partagas (almost),
La Gloria, and Boliver.

MissS

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: and apologies for hijacking your thread, but I just had a teensy question and didn't want to start a new one for it...

Do many of you also smoke cigarettes, or do you just smoke cigars?
(ok, I lied - 2 questions!) And do you get addicted to cigars, or do you smoke just for enjoyment?

MD11

Familiar Face
MissS said:
:eek:fftopic: and apologies for hijacking your thread, but I just had a teensy question and didn't want to start a new one for it...

(ok, I lied - 2 questions!) And do you get addicted to cigars, or do you smoke just for enjoyment?

I quit cigarettes a while back, and at that time didn't smoke Cigars. I'm able to smoke a Cigar as little or as often as I like, and same goes for the pipe.. no addiction what so ever.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
MissS said:
I have never smoked cigarettes, other than the typical childhood experimentation. I don't mind when other people smoke them, but they do nothing for me. A cigarette is a habit, an addiction. A cigar is a pleasure. Just as I have never known anyone to say "I really love cigarettes and I'm glad I started smoking them," I have also never known anyone to say, "I have to quite smoking these darn nasty cigars."

This morning I am enjoying a CAO Brazilia Ipanema. A torpedo with excellent construction, the filler and binder are Nicaraguan tobacco and the wrapper is a beautiful oily Brazilian maduro wrapper. The wrapper lends a sweetness that perfectly balances the full flavor of the filler. Tight white ash, smooth draw, consistent taste, with a fantastic finish. An A+ smoke.

14813111767.jpg

14813111649.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Slim Portly said:
This morning I am enjoying a CAO Brazilia Ipanema. A torpedo with excellent construction, the filler and binder are Nicaraguan tobacco and the wrapper is a beautiful oily Brazilian maduro wrapper. The wrapper lends a sweetness that perfectly balances the full flavor of the filler. Tight white ash, smooth draw, consistent taste, with a fantastic finish. An A+ smoke.

14813111767.jpg

14813111649.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap My hands down FAVORITE cigar! usually though its the Piranha or the Gol due to time.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I didn't start smoking until I hit 30 years old. It was an informed choice. I'd been a rude, obnoxious anti-smoking Nazi up to that point, well, somewhat. My friends smoked and I tolerated them, but still as I got older, I got more strident.

Then I started reading about cigars, and decided to give it a try. They always smelled good to me anyway. Most cigar smokers can go weeks or longer without cigars, and not feel any ill effects. I know I've done it numerous times since I started smoking. Anecdotally, you don't normally see cigar smokers huddled outside of back entrances of buildings when the temperature is below freezing, just to get a "smoke break." We can usually hold off until the time is right.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Don't care for cigarettes myself. sounds silly to some(my wife included)
But cigars are a whole different ballgame; just as pipes are.
I find pipes are best enjoyed alone. But cigar smokers are a brotherhood and a good cigar is best enjoyed in a social setting. When I travel I make it a point to visit cigar bars and I've always felt welcome. Also my favorite smoke is a free one. I really enjoy sharing a trading favorite cigars with people.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Selentino said:
Also my favorite smoke is a free one. I really enjoy sharing a trading favorite cigars with people.
Amen. When I stopped by the shop last night they gave me three cigars: the CAO Brazilian, a Royal Jamaica Oro Rojo, and a Rocky Patel Edge, all torpedos. The next couple of days will be very nice.

Well, I got two in this weekend thanks to a fellow lounger who sent me an Hoyo de Monterey and a Montecristo no. 4.;) :p Thanks by the way.:D
Both of them were typical of the breed and drew well, contructed well and had the leather and wood going very well. I smoked both to less than the 1" limit. :eek: :p Both were not particularly strong to me but that is to me. ;)
The Hoyo redeems the brand but only for the ones produced on that special island. ;) :p
Oh and yes, I smoked cigarettes for about a year in college. I just couldn't stand the smell on me. It wasn't that pleasurable either. [huh]

MissS

A-List Customer
Thank you for indulging my curiosity. I don't smoke, however, I must admit I'm a little captivated by the whole ritual you seem to have with cigars (and the smell), so I might just have to give it a go one day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto