PDA

View Full Version : First Panama Day of the Year!

Kaleponi Craig
02-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Today it's a gorgeous 70 degrees in the SF Bay Area. I donned my Panama for the first time since October. It sure felt good!...KC

jamespowers
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Today it's a gorgeous 70 degrees in the SF Bay Area. I donned my Panama for the first time since October. It sure felt good!...KC

You too eh? I've had a few days up on you though. I started wearing mine on Sunday. ;) :D

duggap
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
You guys are going to get into trouble.:D

GentlemanFarmer
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I certainly hope they get in trouble. I had to put on my old western beater to shovel the driveway this evening. Sheesh !!!

jamespowers
02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
You guys are going to get into trouble.:D

No trouble at all. I am donning it now to leave the office and cavort in the decent weather. Did I mention I hate snow? ;) :p

jamespowers
02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I certainly hope they get in trouble. I had to put on my old western beater to shovel the driveway this evening. Sheesh !!!

Jealous. :p

RBH
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
You lucky dog!!!:D
I have worn mine... but not because the weather was right.

Yohanes
02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Although Indonesia is a tropical country, since early this year we've been experiencing very heavy rain and wind, until today. That's why I postpone my plan to search for straw fedora... this foul weather would ruin it in a matter of seconds!

DblCoronaMS
02-13-2008, 05:56 AM
It's rainy today but Spring is right around the corner! We just went through a week or more of Panama weather. Unfortunately, my Montecristi was vacationing in Oregon with a certain semi-well known hatter who's initials are Art Fawcett.

The important thing is that it's back and looks great. I might have to visit Art and see what he can do with me!

Samsa
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I wish I could wear mine, but it's currently 20 degrees out. At least that's warmer than the 3 degree day we had over the weekend.:mad:

HungaryTom
02-13-2008, 09:44 AM

KaleponiCraig,

Could you kindly post some photos if I may ask????

This request coming from a panama hat photo addict...:D

Regards:

Tom

Kaleponi Craig
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
KaleponiCraig,

Could you kindly post some photos if I may ask????

This request coming from a panama hat photo addict...:D

Regards:

Tom

Tom, this was from the San Francisco Ukulele Festival, held last September. This was my first serious Panama from Paul's Hat Works in San Francisco...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/craiget/sfukefest8.jpg

KC

RBH
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Tom, this was from the San Francisco Ukulele Festival, held last September. This was my first serious Panama from Paul's Hat Works in San Francisco...

KC
Now that is what I call living!!!! :eusa_clap

indycop
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
It's rainy today but Spring is right around the corner! We just went through a week or more of Panama weather. Unfortunately, my Montecristi was vacationing in Oregon with a certain semi-well known hatter who's initials are Art Fawcett.

The important thing is that it's back and looks great. I might have to visit Art and see what he can do with me!
No pics?!:D

bolthead
02-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I can't wait to wear my newly acquired panama.....:D

HungaryTom
02-13-2008, 08:18 PM

KC

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very nice photo - Panama jam session with Hawaii (?) shirt and RayBan...:)

KilroyCD
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm waiting for Panama hat (and Hawaiian shirt) weather as well. Especially after yesterday's ice storm. :(

tandmark
02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi,

San Francisco weather and Seattle weather tend to be roughly similar. Not this year, apparently! It's still too cold & wet for Panamas & other straws up here in Seattle.

This weekend though, it'll finally stretch to 60F/15C. I'll break a couple of straws out of storage just to celebrate the approach of spring. One of them I bought last year on eBay from Mrs. PanamaBob. It lacks the greatness of a true PanamaBob, perhaps, but at least I know it's not a fake Panama made in China or some such place.

Cheers,
Mark

Lon Goval
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
It's always Hawaiian Shirt weather as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes an undershirt is needed, but I always wear Hawaiian shirts except when a band uniform shirt is required, or a Long Sleeve and Coat are needed.

Kaleponi Craig - ALOHA - Nice to see a Ukelele player here. I'm a "slack-head", sometimes referred to as a "slacker". Ki Ho'alu is my musical passion at this time. And I always wear a Fedora when playing.

Ralph

jamespowers
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Got my 50s Dobbs gray milan on today. Here's a picture: :fedora:
:p

Mustang
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Got my 50s Dobbs gray milan on today. Here's a picture: :fedora:
:p

You seem to have a severe case of jaundice. You really should have that checked out!

DblCoronaMS
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
No pics?!:D
Patience, Grasshopper. When the sun comes out so will the Panama.

jamespowers
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
You seem to have a severe case of jaundice. You really should have that checked out!

lol lol lol lol lol lol Its all the exposure to the sun. :p

apipeguy
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
James, Craig: CAli is tops for weather! That's why I haven't left, I think.:)

Mustang
02-16-2008, 02:38 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol Its all the exposure to the sun. :p

That would explain why I look like this ---> :eek:

HarpPlayerGene
02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
It'll be in the 80s here in sunny Florida tomorrow and I have an outdoor gig doing caricatures at an antique car festival. (Really antiques - a touring show of cars 100 years and older!)

Still, I haven't been able to bring myself to wear my Panamas yet. Got one really serious one and a few others I don't have to worry about. Gonna' get a few more weeks in with my felts before it gets ungodly hot here, then it's straws all summer!

Later,

cookie
02-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't want to spoil all your anticipation and fun but I have been wearing my Panama for nigh on 4 months! :D :D :D :D ;)

indycop
02-17-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't want to spoil all your anticipation and fun but I have been wearing my Panama for nigh on 4 months! :D :D :D ;)
:eek: :eek: lol lol lol
My dad wore his that I got for his Birthday today. 80 degrees in North Florida today!:eusa_doh:

RBH
02-17-2008, 05:51 PM
OK Cookie and IC

worthlesswithoutpics

indycop
02-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Uh, I don't have a pic.:o