Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

Dumbjaw said:
back when I preferred stingy brims, which was only a year and a half ago.

I thought those looke awfully wide brimmed to be your collection. I didn't realise you'd switched over to the full brimmed hats.

Thos are some nice ones. As you'll see from that other thread, all my pics are gone (webhosting issues, now resolved). But i'll get photos soon of the current collection, which has swollen slightly since then … mostly more Borsalinos, with some Stetson's thrown in. Funny what turns up in London.

bk

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
HatCollectionpartone-2.jpg

Nice collection, Bolt! Great presentation, as well. [How the heck did you put that photo together?]

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Jimmy....

jimmy the lid said:
Nice collection, Bolt! Great presentation, as well. [How the heck did you put that photo together?]

Cheers,
JtL
It was a very long and painstaking process....:eusa_doh: and there was a lot of cutting and pasting. The good thing is that I have 2 shots of all my hats, profile and the one shown here and I just kinda stacked them a bit.....I was disappointed though, I couldn't fit all of them on one page, thus only 38 of them. I would've had to shrink them even more and I didn't want to do that.
I must say that I was inspired to do this by another fellow member. ;)

next will be my Straws......

Viper Man

Banned
My Collection

Great thread and excellent collections, guys. Although I've had a few hats over the years, I started seriously collecting vintage felt about a year ago. I guess it's no coincidence that I started visiting the FL more frequently around the same time! I started out a stingy brim fan but have really warmed up to taller crowns and wider brims. Call it maturity. [huh]

Anyways, I finally have a digital camera that works so here's a shot of my meager collection. I also own a few straws, an Akubra Deluxe Federation IV, and I'm back in line for another VS custom (don't tell my wife!). :p

350670953.jpg

Front Row (L-R): Lee "Jet" - Green 2" brim; Cavanagh - Black 1 7/8" brim; Cavanagh - Light Brown 1 7/8" brim; Champ - Gray/Brown 2" brim; Carrol John/Cavanagh Homburg - Grey.

Back Row (L-R): Disney - Black 2 1/4" brim; Stetson "Open Road"/Optimo rebuild - Silverbelly 2 5/8" brim; Cavanagh - Black 2 3/8" brim; Art Fawcett VS Custom "Southtown" - Granite 2" brim; Stetson "3 X Beaver" - Brown 2" brim; Stetson "Royal Stetson" - Dark Brown 2 1/4" brim.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
The Optimo rebuild on that Open Road is OUTSTANDING!

Agreed! :eusa_clap The rebuild turns that OR into a lid resembling the "Mitchum" -- which I have always thought was one of Opimo's best looking lids.

Cheers,
JtL

Slim Portly

One Too Many
My current collection. In addition I have a Stetson box that's a few years old, a vintage Dobbs box, and a vintage Dobbs miniature in its box.

DSC04821-CROP.jpg

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Garrett, you don't know me, but I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say this.

You have a problem. It's a problem called hoarding.

There is help availiable, however, and it takes at least three forms:
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) wherein you unlearn your compulsion to hoard fedoras
2. Medications such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) and atypical antipsychotics
3. Giving me all of your hats :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff