PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Italy.....

bolthead
12-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, I can't believe it, I'm actually getting to go to Italy...(Milan).

My place of employment is sending 4 union stewards over to our Mother plant to meet with their union reps., I was one of them voted to go. It's only for 4 days and I don't think there will be much site seeing, but just the fact that I'm getting the chance to go there is awesome.

We leave on the 12th of Jan. I've been checking the weather over there and I know it's cold, just like where I am, so I know pretty much how to dress. I want to bring a hat with me, besides the one I wear. I was thinking this might be a good opportunity to put my Pocket Borso in the suitcase and see how it withstands a 10hr. flight? I think it'll be ok, what do you guys think?

I know we have a few members from Italy here and I'd love to hear from them before I go. Maybe there's somewhere nearby where I'm going that I can perhaps look for a new Lid.....:D

carter
12-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Congratulations, Bolt! Hopefully this will be a great trip. Are you taking your spouse?

Are you taking shopping requests? :D

(I'm kidding....about the shopping requests.) ;) :)

bolthead
12-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Congratulations, Bolt! Hopefully this will be a great trip. Are you taking your spouse?

Are you taking shopping requests? :D

(I'm kidding....about the shopping requests.) ;) :)
No carter, the wifey isn't allowed to come. The international union is paying for the whole trip, except for my passport, I bought that. She's a bit disappointed, but thrilled for me that I'm going and it's for a good cause as well. [huh]

RBH
12-13-2008, 11:14 AM
WOW!!! By all means take the traveler, and take a camera. You never know when you can take some shots to share with us!!!!

Tomasso
12-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe there's somewhere nearby where I'm going that I can perhaps look for a new Lid.....:Dhttp://www.gatetoturkey.com/world_cities/01089/imperiaflex_0_0_2.jpg

bolthead
12-13-2008, 11:33 AM
WOW!!! By all means take the traveler, and take a camera. You never know when you can take some shots to share with us!!!!
You betcha I'm taking my camera, I just hope I have the time too get some good shots with it. [huh]

Imahomer
12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
I loved my trip to Florrence. I was there for just over a week. I'd like to go back to Italy and visit Venice, health permitting.

funneman
12-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Zip off a PM to Mr. Hemmingway Jones.

I'll bet he could tell you where the best sights
are to be found.

By all means, take pictures!

Have a great time.

epic610
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
but maybe not by much. try to get around to some of the cafes, particularly where there is an older crowd. check and see if and what hats they may be wearing . . . and bring the results back to us.

i go to los angeles quite a bit. one place i stop in at is Caffe Roma in Beverly Hills which was originally started by two brothers in the late 70's, who had previously owned a cafe in Rome back in the 50's. over the years many of their original customers have either emigrated or visited the u.s. i enjoy seeing what these italian gentlemen wear. and often, before i pick up a hat, the test is how comfortable i would feel wearing it to Caffe Roma.

besdor
12-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Bolthead,
Enjoy your trip to Italy. As some one who goes there two to three times a year , I can tell you that you will have a good time . The dollar is much better than it was against the Euro six months ago . You might still find stores that will have ther merchendise on sale after the Christmas holiday.
The problem with Milan is that it is a tourist city. I have only been there a few times. It is great to walk around in but the food can be expensive especially near the Galleria and the Duomo . That is also the location of one of the Borsalino stores. There is another one a few blocks away that is a beautiful store to see. Ask for the exact address. Its worth the walk to see it.
Also , use the trains( underground). Driving in Milan is crazy.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com
:)

bolthead
12-13-2008, 02:57 PM
but maybe not by much. try to get around to some of the cafes, particularly where there is an older crowd. check and see if and what hats they may be wearing . . . and bring the results back to us.

Hey, I like the way you think, that's a great idea and if we get the chance, I will certainly do just that. ;)

Razzman
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Congratulations bolthead. A trip like that is a once in a lifetime event. Enjoy.:eusa_clap

St.Ignatz
12-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Great time of the year to go. Shop keepers have the time to deal with you if you don't speak the language. Just remember, if you get out the phrase book and ask a question in Italian they WILL answer in Italian. Seems obvious but off they go and there you stand trying to keep track of a sinestra and a destra. Have a great time. In a down home Trattoria they may not expect you to order the whole meal at once. Check out the locals and graze your way through the menu. Now get yourself ready to buy the right hat and some fine footwear. Duck the Chucks they can see a tourist coming by their footwear and as everywhere respect gets respect.....but an Obama button wouldn't hurt.;)
Buon Viaggio.

randooch
12-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow! Envy rears its ugly head again. I haven't been there in 10 years, and have been missing it ever since. Note: don't try to outdress the Italians. They're the best-dressed nation I've ever seen. that roll-up will eve the score a bit, though. And if you drink coffee, get ready for some mysteriously excellent espresso.

bolthead
12-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all the great advice and tips.....by all means, please keep them coming. :eusa_clap

indycop
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Have fun and say hi to Sophia!!;) ;) :D

HarpPlayerGene
12-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey Bolt, that's very cool. I'd definitely pack that Borsalino. It'll bounce back fine. Keep us posted on the travel plans and the trip itself, you international man of mystery, you. :D

Mr. Paladin
12-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Enjoy the trip sir, and the hats. Try some of the Italian Toscano cigars if you are a cigar man; stout some of them, but good! :offtopic:

PabloElFlamenco
12-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Congratulations, Bolthead. I never been to Milano myself, but of course there's the magnificent cathedral there, and the famous Scala opera house.

For those who know, or those who want to learn, about goooooood coffee, excellent coffee, like the best coffee in the world, those MUST and WILL try the espresso's that are very commonly available at any daytime coffee bar.

If you want a strong short shot without milk, ask for a ristretto. If you'd like a strong short shot with milk, ask for a macchiato. I would ask for a doppio macchiato: a bit more volume there. And if you like a larger, less strong espresso, try the lungo or, as a last resort, an americano. If you already know about all of this please, Dear Sir, accept my humble apologies.

By the way, good times now for American trade union people to exchange thoughts with Italian colleagues. You might see them wearing a red scarf, though - but don't let that scare you off: tradizione!

Have a good, productive and nice trip, bolthead!
Paul

bolthead
12-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Congratulations, Bolthead. I never been to Milano myself, but of course there's the magnificent cathedral there, and the famous Scala opera house.

For those who know, or those who want to learn, about goooooood coffee, excellent coffee, like the best coffee in the world, those MUST and WILL try the espresso's that are very commonly available at any daytime coffee bar.

If you want a strong short shot without milk, ask for a ristretto. If you'd like a strong short shot with milk, ask for a macchiato. I would ask for a doppio macchiato: a bit more volume there. And if you like a larger, less strong espresso, try the lungo or, as a last resort, an americano. If you already know about all of this please, Dear Sir, accept my humble apologies.

By the way, good times now for American trade union people to exchange thoughts with Italian colleagues. You might see them wearing a red scarf, though - but don't let that scare you off: tradizione!

Have a good, productive and nice trip, bolthead!
Paul
Very informative, thanks so much. :eusa_clap

cookie
12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Bolthead + Borsalino + high USD = molto pericoloso!:eek: :eek:

Tom-n-Perris
12-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Bolt, WoW Hats off to you and your great TD on the trip to Italy. What a score! Make sure to have some fun and comeback with a new lid on your head. Be sure to take a lot of photos. Again Have Fun!

Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one! :eek:

Colby Jack
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Congratulations my friend!...I can't wait to see all the pics!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Carlisle Blues
12-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Good for you Bolt one word CLOTHES, CLOTHES, CLOTHES.

Oh that was three words. Sit back and enjoy the fashion show.

bolthead
12-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Congratulations my friend!...I can't wait to see all the pics!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Don't worry Buddy, I have a 2gig memory card in my camera and an extra battery. ;)

CB, I can't wait to see the fashion show. I just worry that the weather will be too cold though. :eusa_doh:

Carlisle Blues
12-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi Bolt I was thinking about your trip when I stumbled accross the following in my library.

Name of the book is called "Style and the Man" by Alan Flusser. It is a nice primer regarding clothes and stores in various cities, Milan being one of them.

It also includes Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Florence, Hamburg, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York, Paris, Rome , San Fransisco, Tokyo, Toronto and Vienna.

Copyright 1996 so some of the stores mentioned may have changed, gone out of business or expanded.

Anyway I got perspective when reading this and some good ideas.

tortswon
12-18-2008, 05:50 AM
I think there are three must see places in Milan. In no particular order, the Duomo (Cathedral) especially the walk on the roof, Santa Maria della Grazie (the Last Supper is painted on one of the walls), and La Scala opera house. The train station is also magnificent.

Food wise, Milan is a risotto town, not a pasta town. Be sure to try risotto alla milanese (infused with saffron and named for the city). House wine is generally much better there than here. Four days is not a lot but don't waste too much time on sleeping. You can do that on the plane back.

Finally, when I travel in Europe I always take some little thing to give as a gift to people I meet. Being from Philly, I take a little Liberty Bell. Even a post card works. It has always been viewed as a nice gesture by whoever receives one.

Buon Viaggio fratello di Pennsylvania! Best, Sam

bolthead
12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I think there are three must see places in Milan. In no particular order, the Duomo (Cathedral) especially the walk on the roof, Santa Maria della Grazie (the Last Supper is painted on one of the walls), and La Scala opera house. The train station is also magnificent.

Food wise, Milan is a risotto town, not a pasta town. Be sure to try risotto alla milanese (infused with saffron and named for the city). House wine is generally much better there than here. Four days is not a lot but don't waste too much time on sleeping. You can do that on the plane back.

Finally, when I travel in Europe I always take some little thing to give as a gift to people I meet. Being from Philly, I take a little Liberty Bell. Even a post card works. It has always been viewed as a nice gesture by whoever receives one.

Buon Viaggio fratello di Pennsylvania! Best, Sam
Awesome Sam, Thanks a bunch, and you can bet that whatever free time I get, it won't be sleeping, that's for sure.

I found out that our layover is in Dublin, coming back we have a 2 1/2 hr. wait until our next flight out of Ireland. Does anyone know for sure if there's any pubs or shops, etc.....right outside of the Dublin airport? :rolleyes:

Stoney
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
you'll have any trouble getting a beer in Dublin. lol

Anyway congrats on the trip to Italy. I highly recommend the Linguine Carobonara.

Enjoy Bolthead,

Stoney

St.Ignatz
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Bolt, I don't know if you are in or out of the city but Franklin maps on Allendale rd has a great selection of tourist books. Cheap eats in Italy is a good one. Walk around and enjoy. I gave an old 2$ bill,he had a new post 76 one, to Gianni in Priano and he tore an old poster off the wall and gave it to me. Sam's the man do as he do but as you do.

carter
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Cappelleria Barbisio
Daniele Rossi
Galleria Vitt. Emanuele II, 16 Milan
Phone: 39 2 876460

bolthead
12-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Cappelleria Barbisio
Daniele Rossi
Galleria Vitt. Emanuele II, 16 Milan
Phone: 39 2 876460
Thanks a lot Carter, you da Man......:eusa_clap

besdor
12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I dont think the Barbisio store is there anymore. They closed all of their company stores a few years ago.
They had a beautiful shop in the Galleria in Milan for many years .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

bolthead
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Sam, thanks again for your information. You've been very helpful and I'm sure I'll be using the info you gave me as much as possible.

It was great talking with you.

Thanks again. :eusa_clap

demian
01-11-2009, 04:22 AM
Dear bolthead:

Sure to be a bit late as you are leaving in a couple days.

Hopefully you shall read this beforehand.

You must goto MELEGARI.

One of the only milliners remaining.

It is an experience.

People talk of fashipn, etc. But those in the know realizes (as most things) one is buying a style nowadays, not quality any longer.

One would be surprised just how much is mfd. in China here with italian labels. So be careful at the markets that state proudly, "Made in Italy".

Melegari is historic Italian charm that one does not find any longer.

People from all of Italy go there and they are one of the handful of traditional milliners left in the world of top repute (as the 2-3 discussed here within the forum).

It is a treasure trove of little hide-away treasures. Just packed with vintage treasures. 3 floors.

They of course make their own hats, which I recommend.

Been family run for generations. Very knowledgeable and kindest people.

A must stop for you.

Cappelleria Mellegari
via Paolo Sarpi, 19
20154 Milano
tel. 02 312094

http://www.cappelleriamelegari.com/it/chi_siamo/dove_siamo.html

I don't know where else you are going.

Within Firenze, there are 2 Borsalino shops. Nothing like Melegari or so very unique/characteristic, but Firenze is small and they are right there as you pass...so why not!! (Prices especially high due to Euro now). Personally, I'd go vintage for variety of reasons. One can;t beat a vintage Borsalino in quality. One has to admire them for surviving..yet quality is not what it was (as is known here). Many are not even made by Borsalino today, but in Spain, or outsourced to others like Tesi.

I don't recommend the one near the shopping district at via Tornabuoni, etc.. (where one finds Cavalli, Gucci, etc). Unknowedgeable people really and indifferent.

The one at the historic center near Chiesa Orsanmichele/Piazza della Reppublica is more charming. Older couple run it and are very nice. Just ask one of the shops if you can't find it there.

Roma, at Piazza Navona (which certainly will be on your way to various sites and a stop in itself), goto Cappelleria Troncarelli.

Very historic and important shop.

ANTICA CAPPELLERIA TRONCARELLI Via della Cuccagna, 15 - Roma - P.IVA: 05803741007. Tel.: 06/6879320 - 06/45493448

http://www.troncarelli.it/

This is all worthy of note..you will have many other things to see while in Italy...and if you are not well traveled, you will be a bit too preoccupied otherwise anyway.

These are the best of Italy...if not anywhere.
You will regret not stopping at them afterwards realizing what you missed.

Other Italian marks of interest, Panizza, Tesi (the last straw hat mfr. based in Firenze(Florence) who also make fedoras, Guerra, and as mentioned, Melegari above all. Get a custom from them if I were you...

Take care and safe journey.

Should you need help, PM me.

bolthead
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Wow, that's an amazing list you gave me, I only wish I get to see at least a few of them. As I stated, we have meetings with dignitaries for 2 days straight, we're only there for 4 days, and 2 of them are traveling. I hope to find something nearby, or in Milan or Parma,(1 day) as that's where I'll be staying for the 4 days.

It sounds like Mellegari is right in Milan, so hopefully I'll at least get to see that one. [huh]

I would really love to see the Opera House and do the roof walk in the Cathedral if nothing else. As far as the Train Station goes, I'll be getting a good look at that because we are traveling to Parma for 1 day/night, so I'm excited about that.

Thanks again to you, (Tort) and everyone else who helped me and gave me all these super tips and advice, it is greatly appreciated. ;)

I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures and can't wait to share them with you all.

Thanks again. :cheers1:

Viper Man
01-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Arrivederci, bolthead!

bolthead
01-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Arrivederci, bolthead!
Thanks my friend, i'll have a glass of Grappa for you. ;)

tortswon
01-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Have a safe and wonderful trip! Buon Viaggio fratello di Pennsylvania! Best, Sam

bolthead
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Have a safe and wonderful trip! Buon Viaggio fratello di Pennsylvania! Best, Sam
You've been extremely helpful. ;)

Marchesa Luisa
01-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Do pop by for a cup of absinthe if you're ever in Venice.

bolthead
01-12-2009, 06:57 AM
.....but I'm going nowhere near Venice. ;)

Well, I'm off guys. This flight will be hard on me physically, wish me luck. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna miss this place, even if it is only for a week. [huh]

Arrivederci

Marchesa Luisa
01-12-2009, 08:30 AM
.....but I'm going nowhere near Venice. ;)

Arrivederci

You're missing out on the most beautiful part of Italy. And Venice, of course. ;)

bolthead
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, it was a very eventful trip, to say the least. We got a lot accomplished in a very short time period. I wasn't able to see as much as I'd like to due to time restraints.

I'm disappointed that I was unable to purchase a hat while there. I did see the Borsalino Shop, but didn't have time to even enter it, or get pics. I was able to get into another one though (Mutinelli) and got just a few pics. I must say, they weren't very friendly, never even approached me while I was scouring the place. There were mostly Borsos and Barbisos. There was one other brand that appealed to me, but like I said, nobody approached me and I don't know the language.

I did get to see the cathedral, which words can't even describe. I have a lot of amazing pics of that. We seen the train station because we had to take a train down to Parma for a day. The architecture is amazing.

We also seen an old castle that was near the cathedral, it was massive, and I have some great pics of that as well.

The food was incredible, and yes I did try the risotto.I was fortunate enough to sample some fantastic wine daily/nightly, as well as some unique Grappa. :D

Overall, the trip was very hectic, a lot of traveling, (walking and flying), but it was very impressive and well worth it. A once in a lifetime event.

I must say that our layover in Ireland was amazing as well,even if we didn't leave the terminal. :D Great food, nice shops and Outstanding Guiness. :D

I got some great shots of it in the air as we were leaving. I also got some totally amazing shots of the Alps as we were leaving....and some super sunset shots in the air.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with advice and tips, much appreciated....and a special thanks to Tort. :eusa_clap

I have some amazing pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I don't know if it would be off topic showing them here, so I'll wait for advice from the Bartenders.

Speaking of Bartenders. I noticed while I was gone that Dinerman was promoted. I just want to say that they made a great choice and it's well diserved. Congrats Spence. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

PabloElFlamenco
01-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Bolthead, great, you're back! I'm very pleased you had, at the very least, a peephole view of "old Europe" and in that, you are fortunate. Travel widens the mind...
Of course you had no time. Figgers... (SP).
:offtopic: How were the Italian trade union people? I'm sort of curious; to me (and I might be wrong) there's a world of difference between European and American approaches of the subject. Feel free NOT to reply to this, though.
Grappa eh? Hmmm.... I don't ever drink it any more (diabetes), but...in my day...yup. The bad ones cause impressive headaches.
Paolo

bolthead
01-18-2009, 01:58 PM
How were the Italian trade union people? I'm sort of curious; to me (and I might be wrong) there's a world of difference between European and American approaches of the subject.

Yes, you are correct, they are a world of difference, yet we seem to connect and had some similar tendencies. They are very political minded, themselves and of course, their unions, which are 2. It was extremely interesting to talk to them at the meetings, but the language barrier made things a bit difficult. [huh]

demian
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM

I may just take you up on that....absinthe I have never tried.

Auguri.

PS: I Love the photo within your post.

carter
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Glad to see you're whole and hearty, Bolt. Welcome back.

bolthead
01-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Glad to see you're whole and hearty, Bolt. Welcome back.
Thanks Pal......:cheers1:

RBH
01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Glad you are home safe!!!

bolthead
01-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad you are home safe!!!
........;)

randooch
01-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Welcome back! You must've had time for a few espressos. And yes, that train station is awesome! I got a neck-ache from craning around in there for the hour before the train took off.

Did you bring (and wear) your roll-up Borsalino?

bolthead
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome back! You must've had time for a few espressos. And yes, that train station is awesome! I got a neck-ache from craning around in there for the hour before the train took off.

Did you bring (and wear) your roll-up Borsalino?
You betcha, I also brought my Olive Sovereign.
It was funny, I didn't see anyone wearing fedoras when I got there, for nearly a whole day. The 1st one I seen was a cheap Black Wool. :eusa_doh:

The 1st borso I seen was also a black thin banded. Then it seemed almost every one after that was the same, new Black borsos, thin leather band. I finally seen another color, but the same hat. It wasn't until 3 days in before I seen my 1st Vintage lid. I was amazed. People were looking at me like, what the heck are you wearing an old man's hat for? No younger guys wore wearing any hats at all, I guess they didn't wanna mess up their hair. [huh] :D

At least I felt like I fit in with my vintage Black wool car coat and a gray scarf to match my lid.

Tomasso
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I have some amazing pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I don't know if it would be off topic showing them here, so I'll wait for advice from the Bartenders.

I ain't a barkeep but I say let it rip. I'd like to see every pic you shot; mind you, I collect pix.[huh]

handlebar bart
01-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Great that you are back and had a safe trip. I too would like to see your pics.:D

bolthead
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I ain't a barkeep but I say let it rip. I'd like to see every pic you shot; mind you, I collect pix.[huh]
I have over 150....don't think that's possible.....I'll send you a disc. :D

Thanks Bart.....;)

Garrett
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I have over 150....don't think that's possible.....I'll send you a disc. :D

Thanks Bart.....;)

Bolt has as many pics as I have hats!

PabloElFlamenco
01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Yes, you are correct, they are a world of difference, yet we seem to connect and had some similar tendencies. They are very political minded, themselves and of course, their unions, which are 2. It was extremely interesting to talk to them at the meetings, but the language barrier made things a bit difficult. [huh]

(1) thanks for the reply
(2) pretty much as I thought
(3) you know about the three elements: the bolt, the head of the bolt, and the nut. Without the three, there ain't no noggin to cover lol

bolthead
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
(1) thanks for the reply
(2) pretty much as I thought
(3) you know about the three elements: the bolt, the head of the bolt, and the nut. Without the three, there ain't no noggin to cover lol
I'd expect nothing less from you......:D

bolthead
01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Bartenders, if this is out of context....please see fit to move or eliminate. Thanks. ;)

The Cathedral.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009010.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009008.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009015.jpg

The Castle.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009077.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009078.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009090.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009060.jpg

bolthead
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Here's a few of the Alps, Ireland and a Sunset.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009109.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009114.jpg

Amazing all the Green, even in the dead of Winter....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009125.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009124.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009142.jpg

bolthead
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I tried to stitch about 10 or 11 pics to make a Panoramic scene....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/AlpsinPanoramic.jpg

This is 3 of the Castle, not so good though, but you get the idea......[huh]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/COOLcastle.jpg

deelovely
01-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow!! Glad you had such a wonderful time! I would love to go to Italy someday. :) Love the pics you posted... simply beautiful!

bolthead
01-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Wow!! Glad you had such a wonderful time! I would love to go to Italy someday. :) Love the pics you posted... simply beautiful!
you guys would love it, the pics don't do it any justice. ;)

HarpPlayerGene
01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Good for you, Bolt! Got to do some world travelin' and some business at the same time. Great deal! Thanks for sharing it with us in descriptions and photos.

bolthead
01-21-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm happy to share.....

Here's a few shots of the Cathedral, zooming in on the detailed artwork.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009012.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009018.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009023.jpg

And here's a brass Door, it was massive, check out the detail here.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009026.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009027.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Carlos_n_Paco/Italy%2009/Italy2009028.jpg

Carlisle Blues
01-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Great pix Bolt glad you had a nice time;) :eusa_clap

carter
01-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Wonderful pictures, Bolthead.
The photos of the detail in the cathedral are terrific. It must be astounding in person.

bolthead
01-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Wonderful pictures, Bolthead.
The photos of the detail in the cathedral are terrific. It must be astounding in person.
Words or even pictures cannot describe........

dhermann1
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Just being in Italy, and realizing its magnificent antiquity, is a sensation that goes right through you, down to your bones and your soul.

bolthead
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Just being in Italy, and realizing its magnificent antiquity, is a sensation that goes right through you, down to your bones and your soul.
Very well said.......:eusa_clap