PDA

View Full Version : goatskin or lambskin

kojax
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
which leather is better for the g-1 jacket. goatskin or lambskin. gibson-barnes offers both thank you ***

jack miranda
12-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Hello, Kojax:
Goat is far superior, in my never-very-humble opinion. To me, lamb is the exclusive provenance of the 'mall jacket', soft as the hands of a bank manager, drape like a thin blanket, feel of a mushroom. Goat is, by contrast, a leather with far more character. It wears like iron, keeps its sharp look for decades, and has more substance, more...more...of that thing a leather jacket should have.

This will sound silly, but lamb makes me think of overheated rooms and really bad 80's movies; goat is the outdoors on a crisp day. All of this is highly subjective, of course. And, I'm sure someone will fall on me like a brick wall for having such a stark view of these two perfectly fine hides. But, if I was going to spend the dough for a G-1, I'd definitely get goat, and did with all the G-1's I've owned over the years.

Ed
12-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Goatskin is heavier and more durable and was used in the original
military version.

Lambskin is very soft and supple and conforms comfortably
to your body. Lambskin is usually used for fashion rather than
military jackets.

aswatland
12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Although some later G-1s were made of rolled cowhide to simulate goatskin, for me the G-1 should be made of goatskin. It is both beautiful and hardwearing.

kojax
12-29-2008, 01:29 PM
i thought you guys here would say goatskin....i thnk the dark seal goatskin looks real nice.........

john z
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
i thought you guys here would say goatskin....i thnk the dark seal goatskin looks real nice.........
Lambskin is fragile & tears relatively easily.

Goatskin is THE most abrasion resistant leather hence being the material of choice for the best motorcycle leathers.

Carlisle Blues
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
My wife bought me a lambskin bomber jacket from Nordstrom. I am concerned about its durability. I called Nordstrom and asked whether the leather would be damaged if I got caught in a rainstorm. I was told if the arm falls off to bring it back.

Is lambskin that fragile???:confused:

kojax
12-31-2008, 06:20 AM
i am thinking of getting a g-1 lambskin jacket....gibson-barnes sent me a leather patch of the dark seal lambsin looks very nice.....i knnow gibson-barnes is picky about there leather have some there products. i am just going to use the jacket for going out here and there. i think the lambskin will be alot lighter then the goatskin.......HAPPY NEW YEAR**

Spitfire
12-31-2008, 06:37 AM

Which is what everybody said - and you end up buying lambskin...:eusa_doh:

kojax
12-31-2008, 06:46 AM
i did not buy anything yet still thinking it over. the lambskin feels real nice.

zetwal
12-31-2008, 07:07 AM
What everyone says above is on target. Lamb is not a durable leather but feels very soft and looks really sharp if well kept. It's fine for light wear around town. Don't ever scruff around in the bush or do physical work in a lambskin jacket.

If you want a nice dress leather jacket made of lamb an authentic Bruno Magli is a real joy.

If you want something rugged and durable lamb is NOT what you want.

Doctor Strange
12-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Is lambskin that fragile???:confused:

Let's put it this way: I have a Wested Raiders jacket made of lambskin. A couple of years ago, the back panel caught on the edge of my car door as it was closing, and tore a five-inch diagonal gash. This never would have happened with goatskin: a goatskin jacket wouldn't have caught or torn.

As it happens, Wested ultimately replaced the back panel with a perfectly matched piece FOR FREE (now THAT's outstanding customer service!), and the jacket is fine.

What this lambskin jacket has vs. my goatskin jackets is much lighter weight and softer drape, so it's a great "summer weight" leather. And the thin lambskin has aged alot faster than goatskin does, developing a nice lived-in look.

Now mind you, there are thicker and thinner lambskins out there, just like every other kind of leather, and likely A-2s/G-1s are made of hardier lambskin than my Wested jacket (which isn't designed for hard use: it's FILM WARDROBE). Anyway, lambskin is a very popular jacket leather because of its beautiful drape and "hand"... but it's typically considerably more fragile than goat, cow, or horse. Nice for fashion, but bad for durability in tough situations...

Carlisle Blues
12-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Let's put it this way: I have a Wested Raiders jacket made of lambskin. A couple of years ago, the back panel caught on the edge of my car door as it was closing, and tore a five-inch diagonal gash. This never would have happened with goatskin: a goatskin jacket wouldn't have caught or torn.

As it happens, Wested ultimately replaced the back panel with a perfectly matched piece FOR FREE (now THAT's outstanding customer service!), and the jacket is fine.

What this lambskin jacket has vs. my goatskin jackets is much lighter weight and softer drape, so it's a great "summer weight" leather. And the thin lambskin has aged alot faster than goatskin does, developing a nice lived-in look.

Now mind you, there are thicker and thinner lambskins out there, just like every other kind of leather, and likely A-2s/G-1s are made of hardier lambskin than my Wested jacket (which isn't designed for hard use: it's FILM WARDROBE). Anyway, lambskin is a very popular jacket leather because of its beautiful drape and "hand"... but it's typically considerably more fragile than goat, cow, or horse. Nice for fashion, but bad for durability in tough situations...

Don't need a dress "bomber" jacket. I want a kick around durable jacket. I have extremely nice clothes jackets etc.

I was considering moving to Westchester until a couple of months ago I chose Carlisle Mass. Same as Westchester to me. Still love NY

zetwal
12-31-2008, 09:36 AM
After reading your post I realized that I have an extra jacket to sell. It's now in the classified as Italian Leather Jacket 36-38. Check it out ... E

Erik
12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Goat or lambskin?

Goat. I have both, and as nice as the lamb can be at first, after a few years there is something endearing about worn goat.

kojax
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I Am Going With The G-1 Lambskin Jacket. HAPPY NEW YEAR i will post pictures when i get it**

HoosierDaddy
01-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I Am Going With The G-1 Lambskin Jacket. HAPPY NEW YEAR i will post pictures when i get it**

Evidentally...you had your mind made up in the first place. I don't get it...so why the question...?
HD

Carlisle Blues
01-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Evidentally...you had your mind made up in the first place. I don't get it...so why the question...?
HD

HD

You guys helped me a great deal in returning a lambskin and getting a goatskin. So I guess I'll thank Kojax for the question and you guys for the answers:cool2:

aswatland
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Why? All the advice here has been in favour of goatskin.

GHQ1
01-01-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=705480#post705480

"12-17-2008, 05:07 PM #4
kojax
One of the Regulars

i just got my father the mark 31 russet goatskin from gibson barnes . they make a fine jacket i have a g-1 from them amd the a-2 goatskin from them .both dark seal goatskin i love that color......... "

kojax
01-02-2009, 06:47 AM
everybody is running scared here lol......i am getting a civil a-2 made of goatskin and the other jacket g-1 made of lambskin. i think the g-1 will be lighter then the goatskin......thank you people you are great

H.Johnson
01-02-2009, 06:56 AM
As with most leathers the tanning and preparation makes a lot of difference to the appearance and durability of the leather. The question was about a particular type of jacket that should be made from goatskin for authenticity. That's the natural answer, but I'd like to put in a good word for 'hair off' lambskin, providing it's 'done right', it's as durable as you would need.

Millions of 1940s and 50s 'bike jackets can't be wrong...

HoosierDaddy
01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
In the fairly recent past...I collected many vintage MC jackets including Buco...Schott...Sear's & Wards versions...Langlitz..(Among others). All made in steer...HH..and occasionally goat. Are these "millions of hair-off lamb '40-'50s bike jackets(bicycle)?..or MC (biker)jackets? Exclusive to Europe? Here in the states,lamb,is used for "fashion" jackets that may resemble a style of jacket of more durability. A2 flight jackets become "lamb" fashioned Bomber jackets. In fact..I don't recall even a cheap Rock 'n roll concert Brando type jacket constructed of "lamb'...but I could be wrong on that. Vintage hair-on HH vintage jackets do show up on occassion...but I'm not familiar with the term "hair-off" Lambskin....let alone..hair-on lamb. Can you elaborate? Wool-off sheep would certainly seem to be fragile.
HD

rgraham
01-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's a lambskin motorcycle jacket. I doubt you'd want to actually ride a motorcycle wearing one. The price seems reasonable. :rolleyes:

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o423/rgraham_album/Picture2.jpg

john z
01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
...but I'd like to put in a good word for 'hair off' lambskin, providing it's 'done right', it's as durable as you would need.

Millions of 1940s and 50s 'bike jackets can't be wrong...
I am understanding by "'hair off' lambskin" you mean a sheepskin shorn of its wool?

As for millions of 40s/50s bike jackets I think you'll find the skins of choice were Horse, Steer, Goat & Cow. I would think it highly unlikely that any motorcycle jacket designer appreciating the desired function of the product would specify Lambskin to protect against abrasion & puncture.

Just my understanding, not necessarily fact.

kojax
01-02-2009, 04:08 PM
i know my gibson barnes g-1 lambskin is going to be a knock out. lol

Peacoat
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Lambskin gives as much protection in the event of a "go down" as this T-shirt I am wearing while doing 18' circles, locked and scraping all the way around. Of course if you don't ride a motor, lambskin will work just fine. This pic is for you H. Daddy.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/bluesharp766/Motorcop49-1.jpg

kojax
01-02-2009, 04:41 PM
NICE BIKE ENJOY HAPPY NEW YEAR

john z
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Lambskin gives as much protection in the event of a "go down" as this T-shirt I am wearing while doing 18' circles, locked and scraping all the way around. Of course if you don't ride a motor, lambskin will work just fine. This pic is for you H. Daddy.

Pic 1 in a series of 2 to demonstrate lacerations received when falling from your motorcycle are the same in a T as in a Lambskin jacket???

Pic 2 is eagerly awaited :D

Carlisle Blues
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
While my lambskin was very beautiful it simply did not fit in with my intended purpose. While riding my bicycle I was concerned about falling off and getting scrapes and cuts. And of course, destroying my jacket.:eusa_doh:

HoosierDaddy
01-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Come on Summertime! I wanna go:( ...even if it's just in circles....:D
HD

bobjones
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Lambskin is fragile & tears relatively easily.

Goatskin is THE most abrasion resistant leather hence being the material of choice for the best motorcycle leathers.

I, and I would believe many others, would strongly disagree. 5 oz. FQHH such as what Aero Leather or Lost Worlds offers would protect FAR greater protection in a motorcycle fall than any goatskin I've seen.

Even heavy steer or cowhide would do better than goat, IMO.

rgraham
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Here is a snippet from the Langlitz website. They are pretty well known for their leather motorcycle apparel. For what it's worth.

"Leather Choices
English Deutsch

Leather choices are also something to consider. While black has many advantages and is considered the norm for most bikers who want the traditional look, we offer many colors of cowhide.

You can order our garments in light-, medium-, or heavy-weight leather, depending on your personal preference. Our medium weight is most popular, as it provides good protection and comfort.

We also have lightweight goatskin for those who want the ultimate in luxury without sacrificing strength. These hides are extremely supple with a more textured finish than our cowhide. They are also more water resistant and extremely durable. Ross discovered the advantages of goatskin when he learned about working with leather in the glove industry prior to founding Langlitz Leathers. We continue to offer it to those who want something a bit more comfortable yet still durable. "

Peacoat
01-03-2009, 06:56 AM
I have heard, probably on this Forum, that goatskin is the most abrasion resistant of the hides. If true, that feature, coupled with the water resistant nature of the hide and its comfortability, would make it the overwhelming choice of serious motorcycle riders. But I don't see motorcycle jackets routinely offered in goatskin. The post by rgraham above quoting Langlitz is the first goatskin motorcycle jacket offering I have seen. Nor do I, after comparing my goatskin jackets to my motorcycle jackets in different hides, believe that goatskin is the most abrasion resistant.

If anyone has seen studies of the various hides for abrasion resistance, please let us know. I have seen studies comparing the resistance of cowhide and denim jackets (not much comparison), but none comparing the different hides.

While we have moved away from the original topic somewhat, we are still in the ballpark as goatskin is 1/2 of the thread topic. Now, to get us completely back on topic (I think it was pretty well played out anyway), Goatskin vs. Lamb? No question about it--take the goatskin.

rgraham
01-03-2009, 07:49 AM
I think one problem with any comparison is that not all leathers of the same animal are treated the same during the tanning process. Results vary, so to compare is tough. I'm pretty sure that you could make a fairly sturdy lambskin (though never enough for motorcycle use), and a very weak horsehide. For riding, thickness accounts for a lot in the protection department. I think you want a leather that would allow you to slide on the pavement rather than stick to it.

kojax
01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
the only reason i am picking the g-1 lambskin from gibson -barnes i just will be wearing it out i am salesman really not working with it.......i have a a-2 from gibson barnes goatskin very light jacket to....

Carlisle Blues
01-03-2009, 09:50 AM
the only reason i am picking the g-1 lambskin from gibson -barnes i just will be wearing it out i am salesman really not working with it.......i have a a-2 from gibson barnes goatskin very light jacket to....

Hey Ko you do not have to apologize for getting your beautiful jacket; just enjoy it.

I am glad I got the Goatskin took a spill mountain biking in Massachusetts I was clocked at 37 MPH. Jacket looks brand new

john z
01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I, and I would believe many others, would strongly disagree. 5 oz. FQHH such as what Aero Leather or Lost Worlds offers would protect FAR greater protection in a motorcycle fall than any goatskin I've seen.

Even heavy steer or cowhide would do better than goat, IMO.
Well I'm afraid you & the "many others" are wrong. It's a well known fact the strength-to-weight ratio of goatskin is higher than other leathers. Hence the best motorcycle racing leathers are made of goat - lightweight, supple & tough.

Here's a quote from the site linked below,

"Why Goatskin Gloves?
Goatskin is renowned for being the leather offering the highest abrasion resistance available. In addition, goatskin gloves provide you above normal finger dexterity, allowing you to do many more things without having to remove the gloves."

http://www.chilhowee.net/motorcycle-gloves/GL-IM011.html#here

I do agree with you in as much that my 4oz HH LWs J23 would allow me to feel less pain from bumps/blows due to falling than would one of my goat G1s. That would be due to the "padding' effect offered by the thicker hide.

HoosierDaddy
01-03-2009, 11:17 AM
IMO..I think goat is probably the most resistant to abrasion especially considering how thin most goat hides are when used for jackets. The thicker a goat coat...the unique stiffness of the hide comes into play,tho. It seems goat can tend to retain it's cardboardlike finish in more robust hides. Although Heavy FQHH(such as Aero's) can be a handful of stiffness when new....HH seems to offer a somewhat waxy pliability that can soften much easier with wear comparaed to heavy goat. Imagine goat hide as thick and heavy as FQHH.
Some MC riders contend that the thicker the leather hide..the more safety and protection. However..consider that MC racers wear racing suits of fairly thin (usually steer or cow)hides. Flexability...freedom of movement is of prime consideration. Armor inserts are offered for key abrasion points such as shoulders...elbows...knees..but many riders feel that even these(in some circumstances) are cumbersome. MC racers are under continual stress...but even street riders also need flexability of movement for any sudden event..along with the concern of something between them and the pavement.
However..in my view...Goat hide has a certain "coldness" about it..even with a decent lining...where most other hides seem to be more comfy for me.
I still contend that Lambskin although soft and comfortable..and can look quite nice...is susceptible to rough up or more than likely tear during the slightest scrape. Treated with kidgloves:) ,tho..Lambskin can last many years.
HD

Vince
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Dear Kojax:

Not to sound like an echo,-but yes goatskin is the better! I have a Cooper and it is waiting for the artwork ( my Welsh girlfriend has agreed to pose ala 1943!) so it had to be the goatskin!

Vince:)

bobjones
01-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Well I'm afraid you & the "many others" are wrong. It's a well known fact the strength-to-weight ratio of goatskin is higher than other leathers. Hence the best motorcycle racing leathers are made of goat - lightweight, supple & tough.

Here's a quote from the site linked below,

"Why Goatskin Gloves?
Goatskin is renowned for being the leather offering the highest abrasion resistance available. In addition, goatskin gloves provide you above normal finger dexterity, allowing you to do many more things without having to remove the gloves."

http://www.chilhowee.net/motorcycle-gloves/GL-IM011.html#here

I do agree with you in as much that my 4oz HH LWs J23 would allow me to feel less pain from bumps/blows due to falling than would one of my goat G1s. That would be due to the "padding' effect offered by the thicker hide.

I have read that the toughest, most abrasion-resistant hide is kangaroo. That being said, I think there might be some confusion about what HoosierD said earlier, about the value of abrasion-resistance vs. protection in a crash. Like diamond, goat is hard to scratch with a pointy/sharp object, but that doesn't by definition translate to protection in a MC fall. FQHH is thicker (can goat even be offered in a 5 oz weight?), and while its top layer might show some abrasion more than goat, it will offer more protection, and I do not believe that this is purely because of its relative thickness. A materials scientist would need to weigh in here.

Interesting website read John z, thanks for the link.

john z
01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I have read that the toughest, most abrasion-resistant hide is kangaroo. That being said, I think there might be some confusion about what HoosierD said earlier, about the value of abrasion-resistance vs. protection in a crash. Like diamond, goat is hard to scratch with a pointy/sharp object, but that doesn't by definition translate to protection in a MC fall. FQHH is thicker (can goat even be offered in a 5 oz weight?), and while its top layer might show some abrasion more than goat, it will offer more protection, and I do not believe that this is purely because of its relative thickness. A materials scientist would need to weigh in here.

Interesting website read John z, thanks for the link.
You argue a good case there bobjones &, while I don't necessarily agree, I agree that to take this further would require input from a specialist.

Nice that you found the link interesting. I did notice that when reading about their Dearskin gloves they contradict the claim that Goat is the the most abrasion resistant. I quote,

"Deerskin is the Best Choice

Deerskin motorcycle gloves are luxurious and soft. They have a natural tendency to form to the hand and are naturally water repellent properties. If that doesn't get your interest, then keep reading.

Unlike cowhide motorcycle gloves, Deerskin motorcycle gloves have stretch width-wise and very little stretch length-wise. That means a perfectly fitting motorcycle glove that will expand with your hand when you make a fist or grip something, but with fingers that won't stretch or become floppy.

The physical structure of deerskin leather is different than other type of hide. Its elongated interwoven leather fibers give it an extremely high shear strength and abrasion resistance. The spaces between the fibers make the leather soft and comfortable over a wide range of temperatures. In other words: cooler motorcycle gloves in warm weather and warmer leather gloves in cold weather. No other leather hide has these properties!

Abrasion Resistance. Despite its soft, supple feel, Deerskin motorcycle gloves are more abrasion resistant than cowhide, goatskin, lambskin, pigskin, or horsehide. Deerskin is leather that doesn't seem to wear out, but just quietly gets better and better. And if you find yourself sliding across the pavement at any speed, you'll be glad you chose Deerskin motorcycle gloves.

Whenever your Deerskin motorcycle or driver gloves get soiled, they can be hand-washed. When they get wet they won't shrink - and will stay soft even after air-drying! Don't try that with any other leather!"

Carlisle Blues
01-04-2009, 02:19 PM
It is quite obvious that you guys hold PHds in this topic.

I am glad I listened to your advice and got a goatskin otherwise I would have had a trashed jacket on my hands. Thanks:eusa_clap

Peacoat
01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Carlisle Blues: Your new avatar is scary.

John Z: I followed the link posted in an earlier message and read the article about deerskin gloves. I wasn't going to comment on it, but since it is now posted, I have to wade in.

I have a pair of quality deerskin motorcycle gloves. They are not abrasion resistant. A month or so ago I was using a can of spray paint to mark a motorcycle exercise on asphalt pavement. As it was fairly cold I left my gloves on while spraying the marks. When finished I had a red spot of paint on the tip of the glove on the index finger. I rubbed the tip of the glove on the asphalt. The paint came off, and with it a good portion of the tip of the deerskin glove.

While I may wear the deerskin gloves for training and competition at slow speeds because of the sensitivity of the leather, I certainly won't use them for trips or any other highway speed riding.

kojax
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
i might have to go with the deerskin g-1 instead of the lambskin g-1 lol lol

rgraham
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I understand that Trojan makes some of their condoms out of lambskin. No word on the use of FQHH, cow or goat. Perhaps there is a lesson here.

Carlisle Blues
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
i might have to go with the deerskin g-1 instead of the lambskin g-1 lol lol

It appears that you are trying to get a rise out the good people in this forum.[bad]
Nevertheless I hope someone responds to you I've learned a great deal based on your efforts:eusa_clap

john z
01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Carlisle Blues: Your new avatar is scary.
Agreed but somehow appealing :eusa_clap

John Z: I followed the link posted in an earlier message and read the article about deerskin gloves. I wasn't going to comment on it, but since it is now posted, I have to wade in.

I have a pair of quality deerskin motorcycle gloves. They are not abrasion resistant. A month or so ago I was using a can of spray paint to mark a motorcycle exercise on asphalt pavement. As it was fairly cold I left my gloves on while spraying the marks. When finished I had a red spot of paint on the tip of the glove on the index finger. I rubbed the tip of the glove on the asphalt. The paint came off, and with it a good portion of the tip of the deerskin glove.

While I may wear the deerskin gloves for training and competition at slow speeds because of the sensitivity of the leather, I certainly won't use them for trips or any other highway speed riding.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Just goes to show that a practical test is the best measure regardless of marketing claims to the contrary.

kojax
01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
hello my g-1 dark seal lambskin is coming monday from gibson -barnes yippy they say the jacket will be easy to wear not has heavy as goatskin. i will get some picture up......

john z
01-08-2009, 04:57 PM
hello my g-1 dark seal lambskin is coming monday from gibson -barnes yippy they say the jacket will be easy to wear not has heavy as goatskin. i will get some picture up......
Just make sure it doesn't come into contact with anything more abrasive than cotton wool or it's sure to result in holes lol

kojax
01-08-2009, 05:10 PM
i am just going to wear the jacket for casaul wear. i am sure gibson barnes makes a nice lambskin jacket the leather they use is nice. i have some of there jackets no problems so far.........

kojax
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
i just got a simply from gibson-barnes on there dark seal lambskin very nice and has a nice finish on the leather........they told me there lambskin is alot better then the lambskin you see in the mall.

Carlisle Blues
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Peacoat & JohnZ

Boo:eek:

Didn't mean to scare you

Can't wait to see your pix Kojax. Make sure the flash is not too bright might hurt lamby. lol lol lol

kojax
01-10-2009, 04:29 AM
everybody bitches about lambskin jackets. i just got the cockpit catalog everything in the catalog is lambskin jackets. they make the a-2 jacket with lambskin and the g-1 to with lambskin......so lambskin can not be that bad......they been making this jackets for years...........us wings to make lambskin to.........

Carlisle Blues
01-10-2009, 04:46 AM
everybody bitches about lambskin jackets. i just got the cockpit catalog everything in the catalog is lambskin jackets. they make the a-2 jacket with lambskin and the g-1 to with lambskin......so lambskin can not be that bad......they been making this jackets for years...........us wings to make lambskin to.........

Lambskin is great ... if you are just going to sit around and look pretty.;)

kojax
01-10-2009, 05:05 AM
lol that is me lol .......

Carlisle Blues
01-10-2009, 05:32 AM
lol that is me lol .......

Yep, I thought so very, very cute;) ;) lol

holdemchamp1225
01-11-2009, 02:48 PM
as stated by others, goatskin is much more durable and a tougher hide that once broken in feels great as well and just as soft and supple as lamb over time.

Peacoat
01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
But Kojax wants lamb. For his uses that will be fine. Carlisle is just getting in some friendly jabs at him.

Carlisle Blues
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
But Kojax wants lamb. For his uses that will be fine. Carlisle is just getting in some friendly jabs at him.

We should all get what we want no matter how flimsy it may belol lol lol

Kojax is a nice sort;)

kojax
01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
i love here here everybody is great. we have alot fun and learn to. happy new year guys.

Carlisle Blues
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM
i love here here everybody is great. we have alot fun and learn to. happy new year guys.

I Luv you 2 friend;) ;) ;) ;) Post some pix of your new jacket

kojax
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
my new g-1 lambskin jacket from gibson-barnes will be here monday......i talked to the leather guy there dave marshall real nice guy. he told me alot of people get the lambskin jacket a tade lighter then the goatskin. i will let you know how i like it. ONE NICE THING I CAN ALWAYS GET MY MONEY BACK GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH...

Peacoat
01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
my new g-1 lambskin jacket from gibson-barnes will be here monday......i talked to the leather guy there dave marshall real nice guy. he told me alot of people get the lambskin jacket a tade lighter then the goatskin. i will let you know how i like it. ONE NICE THING I CAN ALWAYS GET MY MONEY BACK GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH...

Did you get the jacket? How about some pictures?

Carlisle Blues
01-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Did you get the jacket? How about some pictures?

Yea some pix[huh] [huh]

kojax
01-28-2009, 04:11 AM
peacoat thank you for the email that was very nice of you....i am not bad at anyone here.....the people are nice here..as for the lambskin jacket nice leather very light for sure..one thing i did not like was the fur collar to be it looked very fake looking other then that not a bad looking jacket......i have to say there g-1 goatskin is a much better jacket.....i will get some pictures up...my father a-2 jacket horsehide jacket from gibson barnes is coming torrmow i will let you know on that....have a nice day KOJAX**

Carlisle Blues
01-28-2009, 04:46 AM
I am waiting for my G&B catalog. I am considering getting a jacket.:)

Mojo
04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Regarding deerskin gloves and "lambskin" condoms...

I wear deerskin gloves for working around my place cutting wood, etc. They are not nearly as rugged as cowhide or pigskin, particularly when wet. And they are not very abrasion-resistant either. In fact, the label on the brand that I buy suggests that they aren't suitable for heavy work where abrasion is part of the equation. I usually get one year out of a pair of deerskin gloves and then they need to be replaced.

So why do I buy deerskin? Because they are the most comfortable, supple work gloves that I have found. Typical cowhide and pigskin are simply too stiff with a tendency to produce blisters due to the internal seams. (Hey, I'm a Sensitive Male with delicate hands!)

"Lambskin" condoms are not made from lambskin; they are made from a natural "pouch" (appendix?) found in sheep intestines. When I used them they were infinitely superior to latex and latex-free condoms when it comes to sensitivity. It feels like you aren't even wearing a condom. But since the natural membrane is porous enough for viruses to penetrate they offer no protection against STDs.